Halloween Decorations

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
My husband and I are holiday people. We enjoy decorating and making special foods and hosting. I was away for a week on a business trip and when I got back, I saw my husband had placed three Halloween skeletons around the huge antique anchor that sits on our lawn. LOL. They look great! Like something out of Pirates of the Carribean.
Since this is our first holiday season here, all decorations are new! Fun stuff.
What do you do to your Inn for Halloween and Christmas?

I would decorate as much as I can. Loved to decorate for holidays for our guests... but now...retired and...very minimal.

We got asked to decorate for a contest for Christmas decor. We have to be DONE decorating by Nov 21. I said, 'Bah humbug!' and passed. I absolutely hate decorating for the holidays. I hate the holidays.
That said, we do a little decorating for Halloween. That will commence next week. we were going to do it today but the lawn service came and took all the leaves away. We use them for stuffing the pumpkin people.
I wish I liked decorating. We don't even decorate our side of the building. If I want Christmas I go to the inn. ;-)

I'm a bah humbug decorator. I do it because it's expected and I have to. I do it myself, so it's just not enjoyable. So much work!

We are going to be on an Inn open house stroll for Christmas. I've always decorated the heck out of the house just for us, now I have an even better reason.

DH usually carves a pumpkin - this year we had a kid who said, "Look, Daddy, a pumpkin!" as his hands went up to touch it. SPLAT!!!

Back