Halloween menu - what are your favorites?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
What do you do to make Halloween special? Or do you?
Halloween will be our last day open until May. I love a holiday menu and am semi- bummed to not be doing cornbread waffles for thanksgiving and something gingerbread for Christmas. But I get this holiday.

So far, the plan is pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes, homemade apple sauce and a caramel apple “make your own” yogurt parfait bar with caramel sauce, apples, chocolate chips, walnuts, marshmallows and pumpkin seeds. Also cheese omelets, toast and pumpkin muffins.

Any favorites? Decorations? I do have my skeleton earrings ready to go. And we put fun sized candy bars in the candy dishes.

I don’t recall doing anything much other than having something pumpkin and putting the small candy bars out.

I have some hurricane candle holders that usually have sea glass in the hurricane glass around the candle. This time of year, I remove the sea glass and replace it with candy corn. 😁 🎃

I’ve never done anything special for Halloween. Guests sometimes phone to ask if I decorate for Christmas.

General question:

How popular are chocolate chips in breakfast foods with guests? I’ve never even thought of doing that.

I’ve never done anything special for Halloween. Guests sometimes phone to ask if I decorate for Christmas.

General question:

How popular are chocolate chips in breakfast foods with guests? I’ve never even thought of doing that.
I always have them on the yogurt parfait bar. They go. Some people love them in their oatmeal. I rarely put them in pancakes, but it’s delicious.

As of now, I get to FINALLY sleep in tomorrow. I am having my homemade bagels for breakfast because my guests asked if I had a to-go container and then proceeded to put the second pork chop (she wanted bacon - ground my guts having TWO meats, but i am an innkeeper - but my chops are packaged in 2 and I could only get it out of the crock pot by lifting both) AND ALL of the fried taters & onions with celery, green pepper, and butternut squash. As he is putting everything in the container, he has the gall to say this can be lunch. I have my bagels because she was GF. Bed & Breakfast does not say LUNCH!! Yes, I am cranky & tired. I am not accustomed to having a "revolving door" and I have had that for almost 2 weeks!

So far, the plan is pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes, homemade apple sauce and a caramel apple “make your own” yogurt parfait bar with caramel sauce, apples, chocolate chips, walnuts, marshmallows and pumpkin seeds. Also cheese omelets, toast and pumpkin muffins.
It sounds lovely, and I'm sure your guests will appreciate. Make sure they know it is the Halloween breakfast, so they appreciate the effort you went through. I've never done anything...but I would definitely appreciate the special little effort if I was staying at a place and they did a themed breakfast!

General question:

I found that chocolate chips in pumpkin muffins went pretty well. I love chocolate, but not in breakfast, so we kept it to starters like chocolate pudding or cheesecake. I had a chocolate bread pudding made with chocolate bread that went over pretty well.

I put chocolate chips in a lot of my muffins - peanut Butter Banana chocolate Chip Muffins, Pumpkin, Chocolate almond chocolate Chip..... I add the chips when I add the flour so they do not clump together (do same when adding chopped fruit).

It sounds lovely, and I'm sure your guests will appreciate. Make sure they know it is the Halloween breakfast, so they appreciate the effort you went through. I've never done anything...but I would definitely appreciate the special little effort if I was staying at a place and they did a themed breakfast!
My spider hat and skeleton earrings will be a tell. Also, the fun sized candy bars all over the buffet. 🎃😂🎃

General question:

I make Chocolate chip scones, drizzeled with chocolate. Also chocolate chip coffee cake. Guests seem to love them!

We don't do anything special per se for Halloween, but our fall menu offerings always includes Pumpkin Spice something! The last couple weeks it has been Pumpkin spice scones with cinnamon morsels! Also for a main entree we make a pumpkin spice waffle with homemade cinnamon & maple butter. Veggie dishes call for roasted squash mixed with peppers, onions and sweet potato hash! Happy Hour check-in can include a favorite candy mix of Candy corn, cocktail peanuts, and seasonal colored M&Ms - the quart jar from last weekend was pretty cleaned out!

Northern, I love the flavors of fall. Your menu, especially the cinnamon butter, sounds wonderful.

In the fall, I make applesauce and serve it with pancakes and French toast. It is a hit. I make it in a crock pot, so the house always smells wonderful. I also add Apple cider to the standard juice selections.

When guests request ham or pork chops, I do it in the crock pot overnight with minced sage from my yard (will still have fresh sage at Christmas) and sliced apples and WV maple syrup. Love the crock pot liners for clean-up. Pul it out and right to the trash!

Back