Hands were killing you?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
i can't seem to pull up the thread and am wondering, how are your hands doing?

They are still painful, but getting better. I found a Burts Bee's product called "Farmers Friend" that I'm using. Its super greasy, but that help to keep moisture in and it seems to be helping. Thanks for asking.

Aquaphore is another good one, very greasy but it really penetrates the skin, I used to do wound care and this was our first choice for moisturer. Also, you might need to search online for it but in my work with patients undergoing radiation treatment there was a cream called Biafine that worked wonders for the redness/cracking. It is a nice light cream for daytime and smells really nice.

My mum has terrible trouble with cracked hands and mine are in a bit of a state comming up to winter what we find works well is Neutrogena as it is designed by norwegan fishermen who get a very hard time on their hands on the sea in the winter and is non greasy and non smelly. Not sure about buying in america but they sell it everywhere here. Ive been putting on moisturiser about 3 times a day at the moment and my hands are still dry so its time to get to the shops.

Back