hanging clothes up in bathrooms

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Camb

Reaction score
do people actually do this? I don't and never have but have just had a review of there was no where in the bathroom to hang clothes so was wondering is this something people do? and on such a large scale I should plan for it?

All three room bathrooms have wall or door back hooks for hanging my robes or towels.Towel bars are in the bath(2 heated) There used often. Some might use the bathroom as a dressing room ?

All of my bathrooms have a hook ( I like them). I have a hanging toiletry bag and maybe they have it also.

We have hooks on the back of the door where guests can hang their pjs and robes. Guests have asked us for more hooks as lots of people travel with toiletry bags that unfold and hang up.

All my bathrooms have multiple hooks ..... maybe too many. I've cursed at a few departed guests for taking my towels and then found them hanging on a hook behind a door that I'd forgotten even had a hook on it.

All my bathrooms have multiple hooks ..... maybe too many. I've cursed at a few departed guests for taking my towels and then found them hanging on a hook behind a door that I'd forgotten even had a hook on it..
UKMaineiac said:
All my bathrooms have multiple hooks ..... maybe too many.
There are never too many hooks in a bathroom, imho. My ideal personal bathroom has all hooks and no towel bars.

do people actually do this? I don't and never have but have just had a review of there was no where in the bathroom to hang clothes so was wondering is this something people do? and on such a large scale I should plan for it?
When we used to travel with my parents my mother used to pack a liquid soap and rinse out stockings and underwear and hang them up in the bathroom to dry. This was in the 70s and 80s. Maybe there are laundomats everywhere these days but I still do that with pantyhose when traveling myself.
Another reason I sometimes hang clothes in the bathroom is if they have wrinkles the steam from the shower can shake them out.
RIki

When we used to travel with my parents my mother used to pack a liquid soap and rinse out stockings and underwear and hang them up in the bathroom to dry. This was in the 70s and 80s. Maybe there are laundomats everywhere these days but I still do that with pantyhose when traveling myself.
Another reason I sometimes hang clothes in the bathroom is if they have wrinkles the steam from the shower can shake them out.
RIki.
PANTYHOSE!!! What are they? I hear they are now making a comeback because of Kate Middleton.
embaressed_smile.gif

RIki.
PANTYHOSE!!! What are they? I hear they are now making a comeback because of Kate Middleton.
embaressed_smile.gif

catlady said:
embaressed_smile.gif
I know I am out of the loop here, but when the weather hits 10 below, pantyhose come in handy for wearing dresses & skirts! All of those crazy women out there with bare legs in the winter are going to end up with arthritic knees!

RIki.
embaressed_smile.gif

catlady said:
embaressed_smile.gif
I have always worn them when it is not so hot. RIght now I'm in flipflops. But I cannot wear shoes bare. My feet sweat and it makes my shoes stink. I can't see how others can wear heels and no hose!
RIki

RIki.
embaressed_smile.gif

catlady said:
embaressed_smile.gif
I know I am out of the loop here, but when the weather hits 10 below, pantyhose come in handy for wearing dresses & skirts! All of those crazy women out there with bare legs in the winter are going to end up with arthritic knees!
It just amazed me watching some of the TV show and especially what not to wear...no one wears pantyhose any more it seems. I know I haven't worn any since I retired...really
embaressed_smile.gif

RIki.
embaressed_smile.gif

catlady said:
embaressed_smile.gif
It just amazed me watching some of the TV show and especially what not to wear...no one wears pantyhose any more it seems. I know I haven't worn any since I retired...really
embaressed_smile.gif

catlady said:
embaressed_smile.gif
AMEN
slips are a thing of the past too, can't even find them anymore in the shops.

RIki.
embaressed_smile.gif

catlady said:
embaressed_smile.gif
embaressed_smile.gif

catlady said:
embaressed_smile.gif
AMEN
Joey Bloggs said:
catlady said:
embaressed_smile.gif
AMEN
Wow I must really be a relic. I have some skirts that to me require a half slip or you can see right through them. I don't wear them otherwise.
RIki

RIki.
embaressed_smile.gif

catlady said:
embaressed_smile.gif
embaressed_smile.gif

Those 'What Not to Wear' people should really take a good look at what they put those poor people into on that show. The horror. To send someone out looking like the dog's dinner because it's 'fashionable'? Please.
I dress badly enough on my own, I don't need $500 to prove I can dress worse.

RIki.
embaressed_smile.gif

catlady said:
embaressed_smile.gif
embaressed_smile.gif

catlady said:
embaressed_smile.gif
AMEN
Joey Bloggs said:
catlady said:
embaressed_smile.gif
AMEN
Wow I must really be a relic. I have some skirts that to me require a half slip or you can see right through them. I don't wear them otherwise.
RIki
Me, too. I have one gorgeous skirt I only wear in the winter when I can layer a long sweater over it. Need to find a slip sometime so I can wear this summer skirt IN the summer!

Yeah, not easy. In the south where the ladies are genteel and the weddings huge all day affairs, you would think there is a greater chance of locating a slip, half or otherwise. But they are all going bye bye these days. Heck how many even wear nylons/pantyhose/stockings to a wedding! Not many.
(Don't get me wrong, I am all for not wearing heels and stockings). #1 I am tall. #2, I hate them and my feet hate them from wearing them too many years.

RIki.
embaressed_smile.gif

catlady said:
embaressed_smile.gif
embaressed_smile.gif

catlady said:
embaressed_smile.gif
AMEN
Joey Bloggs said:
catlady said:
embaressed_smile.gif
AMEN
I find them in the second hand stores around here. I have gotten 3 or 4 in either Goodwill or Salvation Army stores.
That's where I get most of my clothes anyway. Love those stores. My dd thinks she's died and gone to heaven when we go into the Goodwill store in the bigger town over. I can get her an entire season full of clothes for $20! Win-win!

Just to clarify she meant in a getting changed so your husband wouldn't see you in the nude victorian style (ie not hanging up things washed) If they were friends rather than husband and wife perhaps I could understand but surley he has seen it all before?

Back