Happy Anniversary!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowSocks

Reaction score
Today is the one year anniversary of opening our first room! YAY!!
We're celebrating in style...
The 5 p.m. university people... one showed at 6:30, with her spouse (surprise!). The other guest came at 9:30... oh, two guys, OK. Since I talked to the university to make the rez I forgot about asking about dietary issues. Sure enough, this morning I serve my flashiest breakfast... oh, says married couple, we don't eat eggs.
So, we didn't have time to run out yesterday afternoon because we'd have to be back by 5. So we planned to run out afterward, get some dinner and buy some fruit. Well, by 8 I was getting cranky mad with hunger, so finally we left a note on the door and went to BK and Wally World and got back only a little after 9, when our last guests were expected. About 9:10 they call... still two hours out. Gave them the codes, left a note with the key to the garage (they're driving a special car... only 75 made), and a trail of sticky notes to point the way to their room. (Gotta get those door signs made...)
Two rooms to fluff, two to flip, wedding bound couple wants to come early, other couple wants to come about the time I'll be at church practicing my clarinet. Second day up before 5, in bed after 10:30... like JBJ said, my hobby would be sleep if I had time for a hobby!
But we love it, and we're glad we're doing it, and we're off to a good start. Thanks again for all the advice I've gotten from all of you.
To all the aspirings out there... reading about the frustration of waiting on a guest who's late is like reading about giving birth. You just don't know until you experience it for yourself.
=)
Kk.

Excellent and Congrats. Glad to hear the throes of your innkeeping are keeping you on your toes.
wink_smile.gif

Congrats! You deserve a nice celebration. YS stated".. we love it, and we're glad we're doing it, and we're off to a good start." A good start for sure, with best wishes for many more good years to come
teeth_smile.gif
!

Happy Anniversary! I knew you were a natural! Soon you will have chambermen and bellhops and be busier than busy.
May you always be as busy as you WANT to be!

Congratulations on your one year anniversary! Many you have many more years of happy innkeeping and fewer late arriving guests
teeth_smile.gif

embaressed_smile.gif

THANK YOU!!!!
Today was much smoother... room ready for the early guest, got a good nap, was awoken by an online reservation asking about early checkin (yay, my kind of wake up call!), evening guests came a little early so was to church on time, out to dinner at the local joint afterward, then watched the kids play in the park while thousands of fireflies came up (amazing crop this year!). Ahhhhh.... I feel like we really celebrated!
Of course, dh fooled around on the 'puter instead of taking a nap, so he's whupped and in bed the minute we got home!
Talked one couple into an earlier breakfast tomorrow so they can eat with the other Acura NSX fans... feed 'em at 7 and be flipping rooms by 8:30, right? (Well, the wedding couple will eat later, but that's fine...)
Three new rooms coming in tomorrow!
=)
Kk.

Back