Happy Birthday Innspiring.com

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
49 Weeks ago I came to this site. I never would of thought, at the time, that in a little over a month from now I will be opening my own B&B. All of you have helped me soooooooooo much. Thanks to all! This has been a dream for more then 20 years!!!
wow.gif

The more you want something to happen the longer it takes..
Good for you!

49 Weeks ago I came to this site. I never would of thought, at the time, that in a little over a month from now I will be opening my own B&B. All of you have helped me soooooooooo much. Thanks to all! This has been a dream for more then 20 years!!!
wow.gif

That is fantastic! I hope it is all you want it to be. All best wishes. I think all of us here remember what it was like dreaming and then finally realizing it.

wow.gif

That is fantastic! I hope it is all you want it to be. All best wishes. I think all of us here remember what it was like dreaming and then finally realizing it.
catlady said:
The idea of having our 'own' place and not one controlled by outside forces is great. Being able to 'evict' spammers immediately rather than waiting for an absent moderator to show up is wonderful.
Actually going to each other's places and meeting in person has been fun, the few times I've been able to do that.

wow.gif

catlady said:
The idea of having our 'own' place and not one controlled by outside forces is great. Being able to 'evict' spammers immediately rather than waiting for an absent moderator to show up is wonderful.
Actually going to each other's places and meeting in person has been fun, the few times I've been able to do that.
Yes, the meeting in person is fun. I have met a few, but hope to meet a LOT more.

So now that we are a year past the official opening on May 30th 2008, just a few stats for the numerically inclined (I had to wait an extra day as Google Analytics is a day behind):
[tr] [td] [/td] [td]Opening May 2008 [/td] [td]May 30, 2009[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Unique Visitors[/td] [td]40 per day[/td] [td] 200 per day[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Member accounts[/td] [td] 66 in the first 30 days[/td] [td] 395[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Google brought[/td] [td]187 visits / month[/td] [td]3,630 visits / month[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Top State for traffic[/td] [td]Virginia[/td] [td]Virginia[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Number of threads (nodes)[/td] [td] -[/td] [td] 3,379[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Number of comments[/td] [td] -[/td] [td] 36,930[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Number of members actively signing in in the past 30 days[/td] [td] -[/td] [td] 114[/td] [/tr] [/table]

So now that we are a year past the official opening on May 30th 2008, just a few stats for the numerically inclined (I had to wait an extra day as Google Analytics is a day behind):
[tr] [td] [/td] [td]Opening May 2008 [/td] [td]May 30, 2009[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Unique Visitors[/td] [td]40 per day[/td] [td] 200 per day[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Member accounts[/td] [td] 66 in the first 30 days[/td] [td] 395[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Google brought[/td] [td]187 visits / month[/td] [td]3,630 visits / month[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Top State for traffic[/td] [td]Virginia[/td] [td]Virginia[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Number of threads (nodes)[/td] [td] -[/td] [td] 3,379[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Number of comments[/td] [td] -[/td] [td] 36,930[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Number of members actively signing in in the past 30 days[/td] [td] -[/td] [td] 114[/td] [/tr] [/table].
I also want to send my congrats to a wonderful group of innkeepers. Although I'm not much of a poster and sometimes don't keep up with all of your posts, I'm so happy to be a part of this community. My B&B has been open now for 18 months, and so many of my guests comment that I've "thought of every detail." That's when I tell them about my forum friends, who taught me all the "details" they see.
Thanks, Swirt, for all the energy and effort you have put into this haven for us.
Jane

[tr] [td] [/td] [td]Opening May 2008 [/td] [td]May 30, 2009[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Unique Visitors[/td] [td]40 per day[/td] [td] 200 per day[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Member accounts[/td] [td] 66 in the first 30 days[/td] [td] 395[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Google brought[/td] [td]187 visits / month[/td] [td]3,630 visits / month[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Top State for traffic[/td] [td]Virginia[/td] [td]Virginia[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Number of threads (nodes)[/td] [td] -[/td] [td] 3,379[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Number of comments[/td] [td] -[/td] [td] 36,930[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]Number of members actively signing in in the past 30 days[/td] [td] -[/td] [td] 114[/td] [/tr] [/table].
Wowza!

WOW!!! Swirt, those numbers are truly AMAZING! That is just so cool. Thank you SO MUCH for creating Innspiring!!!
37,000 comments...prolific doesn't even begin to cover it!

WOW!!! Swirt, those numbers are truly AMAZING! That is just so cool. Thank you SO MUCH for creating Innspiring!!!
InnsiderInfo said:
prolific doesn't even begin to cover it!
Neither does "mouthy"!

Hey, we're innkeepers (and future innkeepers)... we can TALK!
And, yay, very impressive, marvelous first year!
=)
Kk.

InnsiderInfo said:
Neither does "mouthy"!
penelope said:
InnsiderInfo said:
Neither does "mouthy"!
Neither does 'verbose'.

Cheers!
cheers.gif

I found this site by accident a few months ago and it has been a true lifeline! Thanks to all of you for sharing your great bits of wisdom and ideas and thanks SWIRT for giving us a place to vent and commiserate. I've learned so much already and I feel like I've made new friends here. I have a tremendous amount of respect for all of you and hope to meet you all in person someday. This is such a fascinating, eclectic group. Never a dull thread!!!

That is AWESOME and fantastic!! Thank you, Swirt, for creating this community!
cheers.gif

I love my forum inn-mates and hope to stay with & meet many more :)

I wanted to say thank you to all who post on this forum and keep it active. I was on another forum that was very aggressive all the time with people pushing their agenda and putting others down if they did not operate the same way they did. Another one where they talked politics too often and it was a clique that made no one feel welcome. You are a great bunch here - all differing viewpoints and experiences is a very valuable resource. I still subscribe to a couple other forums where it is just dead, you go back days later and the same topic with three replies posted. Or there is one where the same person starts every thread and replies to every thread. That does nothing for this innkeeper. Appreciate all of you who participate here and for those who are not active, jump on in with both feet!

Those numbers are truly AWESOME!! Thank you, Swirt, for creating a place where I could make such good friends, vent my spleen and get the "poor baby" that I needed, feel I was not alone in my vent, and get the proverbial pin in my balloon when needed. There are sooo many opinions expressed from so many points of view that it is never dull, boring, or ho-hum. I have recently been going to another Forum just for the heck of it - very little activity, mostly from the same people. Pop in once a week and you have it. Here if you wait a week, it will take 2 weeks to catch up - and the posts are worth reading!

Those numbers are truly AWESOME!! Thank you, Swirt, for creating a place where I could make such good friends, vent my spleen and get the "poor baby" that I needed, feel I was not alone in my vent, and get the proverbial pin in my balloon when needed. There are sooo many opinions expressed from so many points of view that it is never dull, boring, or ho-hum. I have recently been going to another Forum just for the heck of it - very little activity, mostly from the same people. Pop in once a week and you have it. Here if you wait a week, it will take 2 weeks to catch up - and the posts are worth reading!
gillumhouse said:
Pop in once a week and you have it. Here if you wait a week, it will take 2 weeks to catch up - and the posts are worth reading!
A week? I missed a couple of days and I've been behind ever since!
Awesome numbers, though!
=)
Kk.

Just as an fyi in case you do fall far behind you can select:
  1. "Innkeeping Forums" on the top tool bar then when it brings them all up by category you can select at the top above the categories...
  2. "Mark all as read" and then have a fresh start.
Sometimes it is too difficult to play catch up and that is the best way to get back where everyone else is. (Not that all threads are not worthy to be read, but if you read and comment on many you have missed then it brings each one up again with just your comment and makes everyone read them all again. I just noticed that with Junie's posts, no offence. Sometimes it is better to let sleeping dogs lie.)

I have enjoyed being on the forum and thank Steve for making it possible. I read alot and post once in a while, but always interested in what is going on.

You're all making me blush
embaressed_smile.gif
.... I'm happy that you are all here. Thanks again.

Back