Happy Canada Day

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! Quiet day around here..
Tonight was when Shinnston celebrated Independence Day.Wealways perform (Shinnston Community Band) on the 1st so members can plan the holiday with their families on the Fourth. Will post a band view of the crowd tomorrow - too tired tonight. I hardly messed up at all tonight. I played the bass drum and the gong. I get to beat on things. It was a total success.

Tonight was when Shinnston celebrated Independence Day.Wealways perform (Shinnston Community Band) on the 1st so members can plan the holiday with their families on the Fourth. Will post a band view of the crowd tomorrow - too tired tonight. I hardly messed up at all tonight. I played the bass drum and the gong. I get to beat on things. It was a total success.
Night off last night for me. Visited with good friends, one of whom may travel with me on an extended road trip. I told them I hope to make it to Shinnston (among many other places). Turns out they have friends about 5 miles away. And darned if I can remember those names now.
Glad your night went well!

Night off last night for me. Visited with good friends, one of whom may travel with me on an extended road trip. I told them I hope to make it to Shinnston (among many other places). Turns out they have friends about 5 miles away. And darned if I can remember those names now.
Glad your night went well!
The town could be Gypsy, Lumberport, Enterprise, Haywood, or Owings. Lots of little towns near here. Let me know when you remember. Looking forward to that visit.

I'm from the States and was visiting by phone with some innkeepers in Canada this week, on Tuesday, and I have to just say how wonderfully kind, patience and polite they were. So different than speaking with people in the US. I love my country but I wish we were kinder to each other and to others.

I'm from the States and was visiting by phone with some innkeepers in Canada this week, on Tuesday, and I have to just say how wonderfully kind, patience and polite they were. So different than speaking with people in the US. I love my country but I wish we were kinder to each other and to others..
Sorry, but bashing US innkeepers is not the way to win friends and influence people. We have kind, patient, and polite innkeepers on BOTH sides of the border AND across the Pond. Usually, if a jerk arrives, they do not stay very long. Just so you know, Barracudas is a term that has unsuccessfully been applied to the members here.

I'm from the States and was visiting by phone with some innkeepers in Canada this week, on Tuesday, and I have to just say how wonderfully kind, patience and polite they were. So different than speaking with people in the US. I love my country but I wish we were kinder to each other and to others..
Sorry, but bashing US innkeepers is not the way to win friends and influence people. We have kind, patient, and polite innkeepers on BOTH sides of the border AND across the Pond. Usually, if a jerk arrives, they do not stay very long. Just so you know, Barracudas is a term that has unsuccessfully been applied to the members here.
Sorry you took my comment as bashing anyone, much less innkeepers. Most of the innkeepers I encounter (in the US and elsewhere) exemplify the spirit of hospitality, as I'm sure you do. I'm not sure what you mean by Barracuda - I do hope you're not implying I'm one. That wouldn't be very kind, because I know you are just that. Many commenters here say that explicitly about you and others here. I appreciate the opportunity to be part of a community that I participate in, as a hotelier for 15+ years, and have the honor to humbly serve.

Happy Day to All! I know I'm late to the party but still wanted to send my cheers to you all!

Back