Happy Father's Day to all the dudes

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Happy Father's Day!
Love em while you got em (your kids and grandkids I mean)
Keep the main thing the main thing, everything else is gravy.
cheers.gif

[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]
8 Things Dads Wish Their Kids Really Knew (for Father's Day)[/h3]

With Father's Day coming up later this week, I wanted to pop out another quick post just to celebrate fathers in general in relation to their kids. I did something similar the last 2 years. (For "10 Things Kids Say to Their Dads," click here; For "12 Questions Kids Ask Their Dads," click here.)
This time around it's 8 things dads wish their kids really knew (off the top of my head and from my own experience and thinking). If you're a dad, do you agree with this list? If you're a son or daughter, do you think your dad thinks like this? If he doesn't, forgive him for it and still love him this Father's day...
8 Things Dads Wish Their Kids Really Knew:
(what might you add to the list?)
1. They mean everything to us
2. If they're good, they "own" us
3. If they're bad, they still "own" us (but our heart breaks)
4. They give the highest meaning to our lives
5. We have to allow them to face the "music" at times (it wouldn't be real love otherwise)
6. It's the hardest thing to let them go (when they're 18)
7. We wouldn't blink an eye to give our life (die) for any one of them
8. We need their forgiveness when we fail them (desperately)
You might also be interested in:
From here http://ht.ly/5ix6O
[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]

With Father's Day coming up later this week, I wanted to pop out another quick post just to celebrate fathers in general in relation to their kids. I did something similar the last 2 years. (For "10 Things Kids Say to Their Dads," click here; For "12 Questions Kids Ask Their Dads," click here.)
This time around it's 8 things dads wish their kids really knew (off the top of my head and from my own experience and thinking). If you're a dad, do you agree with this list? If you're a son or daughter, do you think your dad thinks like this? If he doesn't, forgive him for it and still love him this Father's day...
5. We have to allow them to face the "music" at times (it wouldn't be real love otherwise)
[/COLOR].
I really like this.

[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]

[/COLOR].
That's great! Thanks for sharing! :)

I called yesterday to make sure there was nothing 'exciting' going on at my parents' house and my dad wanted to talk to me. He had nothing to say but he'd had a scare and so he wanted to talk.
So, yeah, keep the main thing the main thing.
And to all the dudettes out there who are pulling both oars...happy father's day to you, too.

Thanks, but I'll be the one calling my sons and wishing them happy fathers' day .. beat .. oh, yeah! Happy Fathers' Day!

Adult son came up to the Lodge day before FD. Left a card: "DAD: parenting techniques vary greatly." (Open card): I found yours particularly effective. I am really quite something.
Can't imagine where the boy gets his peculiar sense of humor.
Tom

Adult son came up to the Lodge day before FD. Left a card: "DAD: parenting techniques vary greatly." (Open card): I found yours particularly effective. I am really quite something.
Can't imagine where the boy gets his peculiar sense of humor.
Tom.
thumbs_up.gif

Back