Happy Guest Stories

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
STORY TIME
Amongst my daily ramblings, you may recall the story of the couple on their wedding night who blew in (literally) after their wedding reception in a storm (It may have been a hurricane passing off the coast).
At that time, there was a neighborhood cat who took up a spot on the porch with a sign "Will work for kibbles!" and would walk our guests to and fro, carry their luggage and such. Everyone loved this cat and left "gratuity" for her, with her name on it.
Well the late night arrival of the newlyweds brought the cat. Up the outside stairway came the bride with her many petticoats under her wedding gown, and a grey and white lankey tail sticking out.
That night, the cat, who shall remain nameless, but by now you know is a notorious moocher, spent the night in the bed with the bride, while the groom pouted on his lonesome. They came downstairs the next morning, after all the stress of this big wedding, exhausted, hungry etc, and "the cat" waltzed down with them.
"Where did she come from?" I ask. He tells me 'She slept in the bed with my WIFE!" and then followed it by "Thanks a lot!"
Anyway, this couple were here last night for their 5 year anniversary, and again tonight. The cat has since moved on with some other family who left the area, and mooching anew in a different neighborhood.
lrg_Clae.jpg

What a nice story! I have a bridal couple coming in tonight for 2 nights. I have silk rose petals on the bed, a packaged chocolate rose on the bed (from Valentines), and 2 splits of WV sparkling cider and 2 hand-blown WV flutes waiting for them. This WOULD be the weekend I get a full house! Just for tonight though.

Owww .... JB - I WANT that cat. What a sweetheart. Cats will be Cats what they darn well want to be. I'm not going to bore you with the 1,500 stories that spring to mind (most involving Crazy Daisy) but I really do love that cat of "yours".

Nope UKM, not our cat. That is the point of the story, was not our cat. :)
PS I updated the blog with a couple photos I took today since the tin roof is now done (painted). Do you share these things with your guests? The repeat UK couple who were here one night said "Oh did you paint this room or redecorate since we were here?" UGH Yeah we do stuff ALL THE TIME! The brick work which was a bear to restore, the list goes on and on and on...as you all know. Yes I am singing to the choir! But it is MY CHOIR, MY INNMATES.
Share some of your fall photos, I love to see them.

PS I updated the blog with a couple photos I took today since the tin roof is now done (painted). Do you share these things with your guests? The repeat UK couple who were here one night said "Oh did you paint this room or redecorate since we were here?" UGH Yeah we do stuff ALL THE TIME! The brick work which was a bear to restore, the list goes on and on and on...as you all know. Yes I am singing to the choir! But it is MY CHOIR, MY INNMATES.
Share some of your fall photos, I love to see them..
Yes, I let guests know on the blog what's been changed, with action photos! When repeats ask I'll tell them what's coming up in the off season each year.

Share some of your fall photos, I love to see them..
House looks beautiful! The "next caretakers" will be grateful for all your hard work.
Just got back home after a week visiting a brother who has been in ICU to a house that is finished...well, almost. Painters took 2 months to finally complete our house outside and the side porch door and screen door aren't painted. I'm finished with them & will deduct that from the final paycheck and just do it myself. This is why we all probably get discouraged when we hire things to be done! I'm tired of hearing about drama in other people's lives as an excuse for why they can't do things right....
I guess I'm getting to be hard hearted, right?

Back