Happy guest stories

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
After a very interesting weekend here and start to the week, this morning I was honored by having guests from France who allowed me to bumble through my lack of French fluency and in turn allowed them to practice their English.
I had already planned breakfast, and I nearly changed it, but it is so delicious, and which just so happened to be "French Toast made of Croissants" topped with fresh berries and chopped pecans, plated with southern sausage, cantelope and kiwi. (The combination is awesome, the best way imo to make french toast ever, as the croissants get crispy around the thin edges - they were cut in half) of course the start was a "parfait" with greek yoghurt, not Dannon. (They live 10 miles from the Dannon plant LOL)
We are their 9th B&B in a row, each night a different stop. This is what they wrote in the guest book which made me smile.
lrg_Guest%20Book_entry.jpg

it says:
The nicest house we ever saw in the USA and the better breakfast we ever had. Thank you very much for your kindness and welcome. Lise and Ives from Fance.

How could they possibly have any other opinions - you ARE great!

Rock star! Hey, you willing to share that recipe? Sounds delish!!

French Toast in France is called Pain Perdu (Lost Bread) in Quebec it is called Pain Dore (Golden Bread). (And I too would like to see the recipe... especially with a picture of two as well.)
Oh and the guest's name was Yves, a common male French name that is often thought of as a variation on the name John (Ivan). Pronounces just like the English female name Eve, just longer on the tongue.

French Toast in France is called Pain Perdu (Lost Bread) in Quebec it is called Pain Dore (Golden Bread). (And I too would like to see the recipe... especially with a picture of two as well.)
Oh and the guest's name was Yves, a common male French name that is often thought of as a variation on the name John (Ivan). Pronounces just like the English female name Eve, just longer on the tongue..
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Oh and the guest's name was Yves, a common male French name that is often thought of as a variation on the name John (Ivan). Pronounces just like the English female name Eve, just longer on the tongue.
Pain Dore, I knew it was something else but couldn't remember what.
Have you ever had an automated voice system call and ask to speak to 'Yves'? This is what it says: Why-Vees. I'll call back for fun and say I got a call for Why Vees and, of course, they can't find it.

Oh and the guest's name was Yves, a common male French name that is often thought of as a variation on the name John (Ivan). Pronounces just like the English female name Eve, just longer on the tongue..
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Have you ever had an automated voice system call and ask to speak to 'Yves'? This is what it says: Why-Vees. I'll call back for fun and say I got a call for Why Vees and, of course, they can't find it.
Sometimes, but not often, mostly they massacre my first name instead.
And then is the one company that calls for cleaning. They always ask to speak to Mr. or Mrs. Smith to which I reply that by that definition, I'm Mrs. Smith and now, what do they think their chances of making a sale are... And they do this at least twice a year, the same company. They haven't bothered to put a note on the file. They just let the next unsuspecting person call and get themselves into the situation.

Eric Arthur Blair said:
And then is the one company that calls for cleaning. They always ask to speak to Mr. or Mrs. Smith to which I reply that by that definition, I'm Mrs. Smith and now, what do they think their chances of making a sale are... And they do this at least twice a year, the same company. They haven't bothered to put a note on the file. They just let the next unsuspecting person call and get themselves into the situation.
How hard can it be to pronounce 'Eric'? ;)

Eric Arthur Blair said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
That is dumb marketing. Worse than no marketing
RIki

Back