Happy Mother's Day

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Happy Mother's Day from West Virginia (25 miles from the birthplace of Mother's Day) to all mothers (be they the 2-legged variety like mine or the 4-legged like my daughter the cop). She just had her 50th birthday.
It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood and I hope it is likewise in yours. Have a GREAT day!
My daughter flew in from Chicago this morning. It was practicing "social distancing" to the extreme. She took a photo of everyone one the plane with her.
SherylonPlane.jpg

Yes, beautiful in Arkansas today. Lots of happy mothers here.
Today I installed 2 new ceiling fans on the decks of a couple of my suites in the back of the building. I'd never thought of it, but a guest last year suggested putting them in so guests could enjoy sitting on their deck in the summer. The fans not only cool things down, but they also blow some of the mosquitoes away!
At least I got something accomplished while the place is sitting empty!

Today I installed 2 new ceiling fans on the decks of a couple of my suites in the back of the building. I'd never thought of it, but a guest last year suggested putting them in so guests could enjoy sitting on their deck in the summer. The fans not only cool things down, but they also blow some of the mosquitoes away!
At least I got something accomplished while the place is sitting empty!.
That is great - the fans will be nice. We know to ALWAYS look UP!

gillumhouse said:
We know to ALWAYS look UP!
Yes, I thought about that as I was installing them!
For those who don't know, Gillum, Joey Bloggs, Ice, and Innkeep stopped for a night at my place during the 2013 Innspiring Roadtrip they took together. After they left, I cleaned the apartment where they spent the night.

Later that day they asked me, "Did you look up?"
Indeed, I had missed the huge brassiere that was hanging from the ceiling fan over one of the beds. I learned to always look up when I clean, and I learned that traveling innkeepers are a lot of fun! I have that big bra in my supply room now, to remind me to look EVERYWHERE when cleaning a room!

Sad that Gillum and I are the only ones still around from that fun loving group.

gillumhouse said:
For those who don't know, Gillum, Joey Bloggs, Ice, and Innkeep stopped for a night at my place during the 2013 Innspiring Roadtrip they took together. After they left, I cleaned the apartment where they spent the night.

Indeed, I had missed the huge brassiere that was hanging from the ceiling fan over one of the beds. I learned to always look up when I clean, and I learned that traveling innkeepers are a lot of fun! I have that big bra in my supply room now, to remind me to look EVERYWHERE when cleaning a room!

Sad that Gillum and I are the only ones still around from that fun loving group.
Nope.
A family story was that my Granny had asked my Dad to buy some drawers for her when he went to town. The clerk asked, "what size?" Dad said big enough to fit a stud horse." So before the trip. I ordered the largest size panties I could get. THAT is what we planned to leave behind at each stop.
We left a pair hanging in the bathroom at Hillbilly's and it took many tries to get a pair hanging from that fan. We waited ALL DAY for a message about it- and finally had to say - Look up because we were afraid a guest would find it! By that time it was on the forum and we could not leave the other "gifts" because now everyone know about them. It was a truly wonderful trip. We also visited Hillbilly and Carrot Top. They are still here.

gillumhouse said:

Nope.
A family story was that my Granny had asked my Dad to buy some drawers for her when he went to town. The clerk asked, "what size?" Dad said big enough to fit a stud horse." So before the trip. I ordered the largest size panties I could get. THAT is what we planned to leave behind at each stop.
We left a pair hanging in the bathroom at Hillbilly's and it took many tries to get a pair hanging from that fan. We waited ALL DAY for a message about it- and finally had to say - Look up because we were afraid a guest would find it! By that time it was on the forum and we could not leave the other "gifts" because now everyone know about them. It was a truly wonderful trip. We also visited Hillbilly and Carrot Top. They are still here.
Gillum, do you have any contact with JB? She was a great inspiration to me back when I was new to this group...so giving and hard working. Send a big Hello her way if you stay in touch.

gillumhouse said:

Nope.
Gillum, do you have any contact with JB? She was a great inspiration to me back when I was new to this group...so giving and hard working. Send a big Hello her way if you stay in touch.

gillumhouse said:

Nope.
I have sent to what I have and have not had a reply. Have heard nothing since the house was sold. I miss her very much.

JB has moved on. She and I and Breakfast Diva were in a private FB group for a couple of years, chatting most days, but JB left the group one day and dropped off the radar.

She is a very private (and slightly paranoid) person who guards her privacy aggressively. I miss her, though she's near the top of women I'm afraid of, though I'm wisely afraid of all women. Just as a female lion can whip a male, women are a superior being who can read minds. In comparison, we men are naive children. I acknowledge and respect that.

JB has moved on. She and I and Breakfast Diva were in a private FB group for a couple of years, chatting most days, but JB left the group one day and dropped off the radar.

She is a very private (and slightly paranoid) person who guards her privacy aggressively. I miss her, though she's near the top of women I'm afraid of, though I'm wisely afraid of all women. Just as a female lion can whip a male, women are a superior being who can read minds. In comparison, we men are naive children. I acknowledge and respect that..
A VERY WISE man

We had two ceiling fans installed on our porch. Guests seem to love them❤️

Back