Happy Mothers Day

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
Even though my mom is no longer 'here', I think of her fondly more and more as time passes. Recognizing how she handled whatever challenge one of us in the family threw her way, she handled it with grace and wisdom and what resources she had. Less emotional than me, more stoic than me, I often wonder how she might have dealt with things I face. Wish she could advise me.
I miss you, mom!
Love you, mom. (wish I'd said that more OUTLOUD while you were here)
Happy mothers day to all of you.
~ m
heart.gif

Same to you!
And all the other moms here. And the women who may not have their own kids but have 'mommed' someone else's kids! And dads who have done double duty!

Same to you!
And all the other moms here. And the women who may not have their own kids but have 'mommed' someone else's kids! And dads who have done double duty!.
We innkeepers all had breakfast in bed and are now reading the Sunday paper in bed also....... NOT, guest just left and its clean,laundry, etc. But I will be going to one daughters home this pm and neither of use are cooking.Yes I have fond memories of mom and some of the things she did I thought were odd but now that I am older ,realize her wisdom.There were other women(Gram, step mom) in my life who were very thoughtful and deep . Mary in Bwater

To all who are Mothers
To all who are step-Mothers
To all who are "adopted" Mothers
Happy Mothers Day

I think it is appropriate today to write about our Mothers.
Mine grew up in Chicago during the Depression. Her Father walked out to "greener pastures" levaing a 42-year old woman with 7 kids, the youngest was 2. Mom was # 5 surviving being born just a few months after the death of the previous #5 and grew up hearing why couldn't Harris have been the one to live?
She marries Daddy during WWII (just knew him from letters) and goes to live on the farm in WV. There she learned to cook, haul water, garden, can, milk cows, muck stables, work the hayfield, she already knew how to make do. While pregnant with her last child, she & Daddy built a cinder block house - from the ground up. She taught me how to sew, cook, bake bread, and by example how to be a decent person (as I hope I am). By example she showed what it was to be a parent - go to teacher conferences, be invoilved with PTA, be a room mother & chaperone, work the band boosters concession stand - and endure loneliness of being away from everything and everyone you loved and having no one to "talk" to. She also kept her word and when we kids were grown, she left, went back to Chicago area, remarried and continued being involved with the schools until the Big A robbed her of who she was.
Mothers of her era, as those who preceeded and actually endured more, had more starch & spunk in their little fingers than most of us have today. They, each generation, did what they could to make life easier for their children - and in many ways too easy because it is the hard times that give us spine.
Thank You, Mothers of the previous generations from the beginning of time.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you. This is the first mother's day that I don' t have at least one of my children around, but son #2 did send me flowers-first time from any of my kids....
Im thankful that my mom is still with us...she is one AMAZING person. She looks like she is going to live FOREVER (I know its a dream). She and my dad immigrated to the States in 1972 from Paraguay South America. all their possesions and two kids in tow and with $60 in their pocket, thank God she and dad knew the language but the dream of being an attorney (dad) here in the US was not to be, he and mom had to find work. Dad worked in a restaurant washing dishes and mom got a job in an accounting company...anything to try to keep a roof over my brother and my head. She became pregnant with my sister at that time as well. How hard it was for her, in a foreign country without her family and not knowing anybody except her sister in NC. She and dad sent us away to NC to my aunts for the summer so that they could get a place to live and set up a home. We lived in DC for a while then moved to Woodbridge VA and that is where they still are. Mom is an incredible woman and I could not be the person I am without her relentless spirit of NEVER GIVING UP
My mom has a pioneering spirit and has taught me that anything is possible and nothing lasts forever except one thing DEATH! (Plus she has been married to my dad for 50 years--and that is saying something:)
I think that is what has given me so much strength that she did what was required but had the courage to bring her family togethert and out of the place that would surely not be as wonderful as the US. I thank her for so much wisdom, patience, frogiving nature, loving and courage to accept and bloom where you place yourself.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you. This is the first mother's day that I don' t have at least one of my children around, but son #2 did send me flowers-first time from any of my kids....
Im thankful that my mom is still with us...she is one AMAZING person. She looks like she is going to live FOREVER (I know its a dream). She and my dad immigrated to the States in 1972 from Paraguay South America. all their possesions and two kids in tow and with $60 in their pocket, thank God she and dad knew the language but the dream of being an attorney (dad) here in the US was not to be, he and mom had to find work. Dad worked in a restaurant washing dishes and mom got a job in an accounting company...anything to try to keep a roof over my brother and my head. She became pregnant with my sister at that time as well. How hard it was for her, in a foreign country without her family and not knowing anybody except her sister in NC. She and dad sent us away to NC to my aunts for the summer so that they could get a place to live and set up a home. We lived in DC for a while then moved to Woodbridge VA and that is where they still are. Mom is an incredible woman and I could not be the person I am without her relentless spirit of NEVER GIVING UP
My mom has a pioneering spirit and has taught me that anything is possible and nothing lasts forever except one thing DEATH! (Plus she has been married to my dad for 50 years--and that is saying something:)
I think that is what has given me so much strength that she did what was required but had the courage to bring her family togethert and out of the place that would surely not be as wonderful as the US. I thank her for so much wisdom, patience, frogiving nature, loving and courage to accept and bloom where you place yourself..
birdwatcher said:
courage to accept and bloom where you place yourself.
LOVE this !!! Brought tears to my eyes...
heart.gif

Back