Happy National Fudge Day (June 16)

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have done. I take the recipe right off the can of evap milk. Or condensed milk. Or whichever one it is.

omg! national fudge day?! i love fudge. mom used to make what we called 'sugar fudge' made with cocoa and granulated sugar that you cook to the soft boil stage, let cool a bit and then beat and beat and beat ... it had a grainy, sugary consistency.
me ... i make the 'Never Fail Fudge' ... marshmallow, chocolate bits, evaporated milk fudge that was printed in The Yummy Book by Marshamallow Fluff of my home town, Lynn, MA.
here's a link ... it's awesome! just DON'T get anxious to make it come to a boil and turn up the heat to hurry it or you'll end up with bits of carmelized sugar. PATIENCE is required.
i see that the Yummy Book is still available for download on their website as well.
one recipe i'd love to resurrect is mom's penuche fudge ... have tried a few recipes and they aren't them. it's like a butterscotch tasting fugde. i see there's one in the Yummy Book. now, mom never made fudge with marshmallow fluff, but maybe this would be close?

omg! national fudge day?! i love fudge. mom used to make what we called 'sugar fudge' made with cocoa and granulated sugar that you cook to the soft boil stage, let cool a bit and then beat and beat and beat ... it had a grainy, sugary consistency.
me ... i make the 'Never Fail Fudge' ... marshmallow, chocolate bits, evaporated milk fudge that was printed in The Yummy Book by Marshamallow Fluff of my home town, Lynn, MA.
here's a link ... it's awesome! just DON'T get anxious to make it come to a boil and turn up the heat to hurry it or you'll end up with bits of carmelized sugar. PATIENCE is required.
i see that the Yummy Book is still available for download on their website as well.
one recipe i'd love to resurrect is mom's penuche fudge ... have tried a few recipes and they aren't them. it's like a butterscotch tasting fugde. i see there's one in the Yummy Book. now, mom never made fudge with marshmallow fluff, but maybe this would be close?.
seashanty said:
. . . one recipe i'd love to resurrect is mom's penuche fudge ... have tried a few recipes and they aren't them. it's like a butterscotch tasting fugde. i see there's one in the Yummy Book. now, mom never made fudge with marshmallow fluff, but maybe this would be close?
My grandmother used to make penuche all the time, but my mother never got the knack of it. In frustration, my grandmother showed me how to do it. I still have the pan we used, and I can't believe it actually turned out with that pan! I'll have to see if I can find the recipe.

Yes, I served fudge to the guests for their afternoon treat and sometimes at turndown and they loved it!
Either the "Never Fail Fudge" or fudge from a store downtown that had many varieties of homemade fudge.
As much as I love fudge, I won't be celebrating National Fudge Day. Wah!
cry_smile.gif

Back