Happy New Year!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
Happy New Year, my friends.
~ with great affection for all of you. I wish you all the best.
Seashanty
dec.jpg

Happy New Year to you too!
May God bless you all with wonderful guests, the strength & courage you need for your days, and friends to lift your spirits when you are feeling down! And power and internet connection for Innspiring. And the best blessings to our Wonderful Host, SWIRT!!!!!!

Happy New Year... breakfast for 10 in 20 minutes....

Happy New Year Innmates! To quote Gillum "May you be as busy as you want to be!" And may you have health & happiness that you deserve.

Happy New Year to you too!
May God bless you all with wonderful guests, the strength & courage you need for your days, and friends to lift your spirits when you are feeling down! And power and internet connection for Innspiring. And the best blessings to our Wonderful Host, SWIRT!!!!!!.
Hear hear! well said
.I could of not of said that better. Happy New Year to all. Thank you all for your support and best wishes.

Happy New Year! My toast to all of you.....
Sing like no one is listening,
Love like you've never been hurt,
Dance like nobody is watching, and
Live like it's Heaven on earth!
"Mark Twain"

Happy New Year to all from West Virginia. Empty house so we slept in. Actually stayed up until Midnight for a toast to bring in the new year.
It was a very different NYE to what we had when the kids were growing up.
If I did not have the day off, I took a vacation day - and spent as much at the grocery for that night as I did for a normal week. The kids and I would spend the day making special dishes - crab stuffed mushrooms and other hors d'oeurvres with shrimp, cheeses, etc., a huge crock of punch (grape juice, 7-Up, and vanilla ice cream), and a vat of chili. We would take the bench from the kitchen, set it up with the food in front of the bookcase about 6 PM with a fire in the fireplace. We wanted the kids to know they were as important as any muckity-mucks. Even after they started moving out, they came home to New Year's Eve feast before they mercifully moved on the whatever they were doing that night. A few of our friends started coming over and we would take turns napping in our chairs until Midnight.
We always had so much food that we would spend New Year's Day grazing. I made the pot of chili for today and last night was different in that we were still awake at Midnight (barely).
Chili-gillumhouse.jpg

Happy New Year, everyone!
(here, we called it at 2400 UTC and went to bed not long after ;-)

Late to the party as usual! Happy New Year all!
We had a full house of a family for three nights, so there wasn't much chat time. They were delightful (thank goodness!)
Gillum, we do similar. Grazing night. Stuffed clams, bacon wrapped scallops, shrimp cocktail, cheese, rolled sandwiches, cut up veggies with dip. A nice night. We were in bed by 9:30, but I saw a T-shirt that said, "9 is the new midnight." So I felt ok about it.
:)

Back