HAPPY SPRING!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade. ~Charles Dickens
Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!" ~Robin Williams
It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! ~Mark Twain
Awake, thou wintry earth -
Fling off thy sadness!
Fair vernal flowers, laugh forth
Your ancient gladness!
~Thomas Blackburn, "An Easter Hymn"

I love spring anywhere, but if I could choose I would always greet it in a garden. ~Ruth Stout
No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow. ~Proverb
Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush. ~Doug Larson
Science has never drummed up quite as effective a tranquilizing agent as a sunny spring day. ~W. Earl Hall
If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. ~Anne Bradstreet
The year's at the spring
And day's at the morn;
Morning's at seven;
The hillside's dew-pearled;
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn;
God's in His heaven -
All's right with the world!
~Robert Browning

No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn. ~Hal Borland
Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world. ~Virgil A. Kraft
Where man sees but withered leaves,
God sees sweet flowers growing.
~Albert Laighton

In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt. ~Margaret Atwood
And Spring arose on the garden fair,
Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;
And each flower and herb on Earth's dark breast
rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.
~Percy Bysshe Shelley, "The Sensitive Plant"

Every spring is the only spring - a perpetual astonishment. ~Ellis Peters
In the spring I have counted one hundred and thirty-six different kinds of weather inside of four and twenty hours. ~Mark Twain
If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom, maybe your soul has never been in bloom. ~Terri Guillemets
lrg_Daffies_Mar0909.jpg

Yes, Happy Spring!
Spring iz sprung, the grass is riz, I wonder where the birdies iz!

spring.jpg

Greetings from the 40th parallel. There was still snow on the ground a week ago!

Oh I am so jealous!!! We are weeks (months?) away from flowers blooming but it was in the 60's here today and will be in the 70's tomorrow! Yea!!!
"It's spring fever...You don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!" Mark Twain

spring.jpg

Greetings from the 40th parallel. There was still snow on the ground a week ago!.
We're halfway between the North Pole & the Equator so I have crocuses and snowdrops out and my tulips are about 4-5" tall but no buds yet. My neighbor has her daffs already but she had a lot of leaf cover keeping them warm. I haven't had snow for months!

Happy Spring...........a woke to dark skies and snow covered ground. It was sunny and beautiful yesterday. What's the deal.

We too had snow a week ago... now all the crocuses are blooming, and my early daffodils. The hyacinths will be next, but not for another week, I think. The tulips are peaking out, but no where near blooming.
It was one of the the best things I did (and one of the first things I did when we moved here) to plant all these bulbs!
=)
Kk.

53 for the high here today in the deep south, getting down near freezing. Is it really Spring?

$500 later we bought some plants, and now have our first 6 ferns for the porch, just 12 ferns more to go. We bought the only 6 they had, and btw Lowe's had them for roolly cheap this year - so far, day one ($12.97) - $81.00 for six with tax, that is the best price I have seen in years. People were trying to get them from my buggy as I checked out.
whattha.gif

I am always first in the Spring to get them, they are never the greatest right off the bat, but we need them as we have these porticos on the porch that look nehkid without them.

53 for the high here today in the deep south, getting down near freezing. Is it really Spring?.
copperhead said:
53 for the high here today in the deep south, getting down near freezing. Is it really Spring?
It's the same here waaaaay up north! So, yes, my take on it is- Yay! It's Spring!

$500 later we bought some plants, and now have our first 6 ferns for the porch, just 12 ferns more to go. We bought the only 6 they had, and btw Lowe's had them for roolly cheap this year - so far, day one ($12.97) - $81.00 for six with tax, that is the best price I have seen in years. People were trying to get them from my buggy as I checked out.
whattha.gif

I am always first in the Spring to get them, they are never the greatest right off the bat, but we need them as we have these porticos on the porch that look nehkid without them..
No ferns for the porch here yet that look good. We got 2/3 of one yard cleaned up yesterday and no real work on our own yard. The grass is starting to green up, even the zoysia a bit. It is raining today.... AGAIN!
Pretty little bells and the daffodils have started. The camellias are still in bloom.
HAPPY SPRING!

53 for the high here today in the deep south, getting down near freezing. Is it really Spring?.
copperhead said:
It's the same here waaaaay up north! So, yes, my take on it is- Yay! It's Spring!
Morticia said:
copperhead said:
Yes, I understand, but for us it is another winter day. Now Friday was a beautiful spring day here - sunny & 70, girls were in sun dresses for the wedding here. What a difference a day makes - yesterday the rain came in & brought the cold.

In the spring I have counted one hundred and thirty-six different kinds of weather inside of four and twenty hours. ~Mark Twain

Back