Happy Summer! (Winter where applicable!)

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Summer starts the 21st - the birth date of our middle son, grandson #3, and my cousin's son.
I hate shorter days!

Already???????.
IronGate said:
Already???????
Already what? Summer? Winter? Days get shorter/longer?
Morticia said:
IronGate said:
Already???????
Already summer. Yikes. I just noticed this morning that my snow shovel is still on the front porch. LOL (How soon until we're not late, but early for next winter?)
IronGate said:
Morticia said:
IronGate said:
Already???????
Already summer. Yikes. I just noticed this morning that my snow shovel is still on the front porch. LOL (How soon until we're not late, but early for next winter?)
Laugh if you will, bu I took the Christmas 'trees' off the porch the day before Memorial Day weekend started. I figured once I was past March, it didn't look like I forgot Christmas but I just had new decor on the porch!

My mum still has her xmas decorations up she has decided once you get past mid way it isn't worth taking them down!

Holy cow we have had 80's and 90's since April. As mentioned my sister in Ireland (temps mid 50's) and sister from the PacNw (temps mid 50's) will be melting when they fly in this week. all 90's in the forecast, but dry not humid so should be okay.

It has been H-O-T here. Sustained in the mid-90s every single afternoon which translates to over 100F with the heat index. I don't think we have any thunderstorm relief predicted this week either. This is the kind of weather that you walk outside and just melt because of the heat and humidity. blech.

It's hot, hot, hot here too - unusually hot for this time of year and the water temp is way too warm. They say we're going to have a bad hurricane season this year, and knowing the water is 90° already and it's just June, I believe them. I just got two new evaporator fan coils for salon/galley (living room/kitchen) - total of 26,000 BTU. I've got 44° air blowing out of my vents. At last, I can open the curtains again. I've been keeping them closed to keep the sun out while my new coils were being manufactured. Yep...it's freezing in here now, and really hot out there! It's so hard to gather the willpower to do anything outdoors unless is IN the water.

It has been H-O-T here. Sustained in the mid-90s every single afternoon which translates to over 100F with the heat index. I don't think we have any thunderstorm relief predicted this week either. This is the kind of weather that you walk outside and just melt because of the heat and humidity. blech..
My June flowers are over and done and the July flowers are well into bloom. At this rate there'll be nothing left for the rest of the summer!

It has been H-O-T here. Sustained in the mid-90s every single afternoon which translates to over 100F with the heat index. I don't think we have any thunderstorm relief predicted this week either. This is the kind of weather that you walk outside and just melt because of the heat and humidity. blech..
My June flowers are over and done and the July flowers are well into bloom. At this rate there'll be nothing left for the rest of the summer!
My big, beautiful, blue hydrangeas are just about spent. They usually last into the first week of July. Daylilies are still popping out because they don't get tons of sun. The crepe myrtles are hanging in there, though. Roses are gone. I need to plant some knockout roses....they really last here in the heat.

Knock outs bloom all the way into Fall here...dang it never got any and now we have the encrore azaleas... Our Hydrangea have been (and are tonight) in the guest rooms ...they are nearly done as well. Day lillies are gone now and we have to get rid of those sticks left over. Rose of Sharon are just this week in full bloom all over.
I love the seasons...this one is a bit too hot for me right now though.

Back