Happy Thanksgiving

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swirt

Forum founder. Former Owner.
Reaction score
With family due in any minute, I will get this out now while I have the chance.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on this forum.
Thank you all for making the first six months of this forum so interesting, useful and at times spirited.
Cheers and Hugs to whoever you share your Thanksgiving Table with.
-Steve
cheers.gif

Thanks and same to you.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you all have a table of good food, family, and friends. But most of all, peace.
cheers.gif

Happy_Everything.jpg

Happy Turkey Day to All! Be safe if you are on the road...lots of folks driving..with cheaper gas:) We are staying put!

Quote for the day - the new audience may not have seen this favorite T'giving quote:
I love Thanksgiving turkey...it's the only time in Los Angeles that you see natural breasts. -- Arnold Schwarzenegger Guv of CA

May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey be plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have never a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!

Happy Turkey Day to you Swirt!
I just found out yesterday that dh & I are both descended from the same family line of Mayflower Pilgrims! We are very very distant cousins, making my son a cousin to himself! HA!!!
Cue banjo music.
wow.gif

Thank goodness there are 500 years and a thousand other branches in the genepool!

Happy Thanksgiving from West Virginia to all.
May your pumpkin pies be as good as mine (did not have Bourbon so used Irish whiskey). I am eating a dish of the extra filling now. I do not expect any complaints about the pie!
I am thankful for being able to know all on this Forum. I am also thankful for the additions to our Forum family this Fall.
Now, everyone - Get Stuffed!

Happy Thanksgiving from Massachusetts! Frost on the pumpkin today ...

Happy Thanksgiving!!! I'm sitting here feeling gratitude and enjoying the friendly voices in our diningroom ... we have 4 guests this morning and will have 10 tonight all coming in for different family reunions in the area.

Happy American Thanksgiving from your Canadian Innkeepers who don't get to celebrate it when you do.

Recently I received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. I tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else I could think of to "clean up" the bird's vocabulary. Finally, I was fed up and I yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled back. I shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even ruder. So, in desperation, I threw up my hands, grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer.

For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed. Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute.
Fearing that I'd hurt the parrot, I quickly opened the door to the freezer. The parrot calmly stepped out onto my outstretched arms and said "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior." I was stunned at the sudden change in the bird's attitude. As I was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the bird continued, "May I ask what the turkey did?"

I got a bonus - sort of.
My Friday called this morning and said they would be coming in this afternoon (that means they will have the third night el cheapo). I had invited them to dine with us if they were able to be here.
They arrived right after my dinner guests left (after I had loaded them up with most of the leftovers) and then they asked about where they could get dinner! (DH had not even cleared the table!). I quickly cleared, changed tablecloths and set the table. Put the remains of the turkey, venison, dressing, and scalloped corn on a sheet of foil on a cookie sheet for reheat. Had some of both kinds of cranberry sauce left, salad, 4 of my rolls, a dab of yams, luckily my friend left extra baked potates with shrimp, and LOTS of green beans......... They are now dining Lots of pie left too. Felt badly that all that was left is bits. I sent Reuben home with enough food for a week and my PA friends with enough for a couple meals. Oh well, I guess it will be better than having nothing.

Happy Thanksgiving from Northwest Indiana!
We have two guests for the next three days; breakfast today and they were out. My mom and dad came over and we had a nice, quiet Thanksgiving meal.

Happy Thanksgiving from Northwest Indiana!
We have two guests for the next three days; breakfast today and they were out. My mom and dad came over and we had a nice, quiet Thanksgiving meal..
We went out to dinner with my walking buddy. We are stuffed. I walked her home to see her house all lit up and am glad I went the extra 1/2 mile. I needed the walk!
Now it's time for the jammies!

I got a bonus - sort of.
My Friday called this morning and said they would be coming in this afternoon (that means they will have the third night el cheapo). I had invited them to dine with us if they were able to be here.
They arrived right after my dinner guests left (after I had loaded them up with most of the leftovers) and then they asked about where they could get dinner! (DH had not even cleared the table!). I quickly cleared, changed tablecloths and set the table. Put the remains of the turkey, venison, dressing, and scalloped corn on a sheet of foil on a cookie sheet for reheat. Had some of both kinds of cranberry sauce left, salad, 4 of my rolls, a dab of yams, luckily my friend left extra baked potates with shrimp, and LOTS of green beans......... They are now dining Lots of pie left too. Felt badly that all that was left is bits. I sent Reuben home with enough food for a week and my PA friends with enough for a couple meals. Oh well, I guess it will be better than having nothing..
gillumhouse said:
Oh well, I guess it will be better than having nothing.
Better than nothing? Sounds like a feast! I'm sure they're stuffed!!!
=)
Kk.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
I had the first Thanksgiving Dinner aboard today. The past two years on T-day have been filled with chores like varnishing or other repairs or heavy-duty maintenance. I never opted cook since I was here by myself.
This year, my mother flew down to Miami, so I cooked. I invited all of the "loners" on the dock - those who are from other countries with no family here, some of the cruisers who are sort of passing through, but staying a short while, etc. It was a fantastic event and the company was great.
And a new ice cream flavor was born....I came up with a homemade cinnamon ice cream which I served with warm apple cobbler. Second and third helpings were requested. So, it's a keeper.
Tomorrow, we're heading out for a swim at the sandbar, followed by our "Sights of Miami" tour - my mother has never been out on the boat, so I have to take her for a ride and show her what I do here! The Miami tour will be nice - we'll start out in the afternoon, and end up downtown Miami after dark. Miami is just stunning all lit up at night when you see the city from the water. I think we'll have the web cam online and running for the trip. :D

Back