Happy Thanksgiving

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to chime in too. Happy Thanksgiving to all of our great Forum Buddies.
Cold today in Iowa, but no snow yet.

I got a bonus - sort of.
My Friday called this morning and said they would be coming in this afternoon (that means they will have the third night el cheapo). I had invited them to dine with us if they were able to be here.
They arrived right after my dinner guests left (after I had loaded them up with most of the leftovers) and then they asked about where they could get dinner! (DH had not even cleared the table!). I quickly cleared, changed tablecloths and set the table. Put the remains of the turkey, venison, dressing, and scalloped corn on a sheet of foil on a cookie sheet for reheat. Had some of both kinds of cranberry sauce left, salad, 4 of my rolls, a dab of yams, luckily my friend left extra baked potates with shrimp, and LOTS of green beans......... They are now dining Lots of pie left too. Felt badly that all that was left is bits. I sent Reuben home with enough food for a week and my PA friends with enough for a couple meals. Oh well, I guess it will be better than having nothing..
gillumhouse said:
Oh well, I guess it will be better than having nothing.
Better than nothing? Sounds like a feast! I'm sure they're stuffed!!!
=)
Kk.
There were a lot of dishes but just a dab of this and a dab of that sort of. There was not even what I would call a helping of the yams - just a taste. they said they were full so I guess it was OK. I guess it is that it just was not up to my standards - and it was stupid on my part because they were coming from different directions so of course they would not have stopped for food - they wanted to be together! (this is to me - DAH!)

Happy Thanksgiving from Northwest Indiana!
We have two guests for the next three days; breakfast today and they were out. My mom and dad came over and we had a nice, quiet Thanksgiving meal..
We have 4 rooms of guests. Our son came for a visit & helped me to cook the side dishes. Our guests were also gone from right after breakfast until around 10 PM. We were able to enjoy a nice Thanksgiving dinner in our dining room after all our work was finished
teeth_smile.gif

Back