Hardest thing for an innkeeper happened today!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine

Reaction score
cry_smile.gif
My Sweet precious companion for the past 13 years went to doggie heaven today. She seemed fine yesterday morning, but then as the day progressed we knew she was headed towards that final pasture. I slept with her last night, and this morning, she was still in the same position she was in all day yesterday and last night. She wasn't moving except for her head and to breath. I just wanted our guests to just leave. Thankful they left a little early, and we whisked her off to the vet. She confirmed Our sweet girl was taking her final breaths. We were grateful to be with her and hold her. We buried her in the garden. She loved my flowers, so I planted some bulbs on top of her grave and will plant a beautiful flower garden there. But I have been bawling all day. I have loved my sweet baby more than any pet in my entire life! Our guests have loved her. She was so gentle with babies and children. She was great with cancer patients who came here and great therapy for hurting clients. She visited sick children in the hospital, and heard many secrets from angry teens. She was my secret keeper, and always a listening ear. I have only cried like this when my Mom died. My heart is very sad.

Remember the joys and be grateful she was in your life. We all must leave when it is our time. Those most blessed will be remembered always with the joy that they were in our lives for the time we had with them. Just because she had 4 legs rather than 2 does not make this any less true. She had a place in your heart, just as you did in hers. Celebrate she was in your life rather than grieve for your loss. As long as she is remembered, she is not gone. And I truly believe this.
I remember her also - she was beautiful but more, she was loved. You are in our thoughts.

Oh hon, I'm sorry.
broken_heart.gif
In her pic, she looks like a beautiful companion.

My heart is heavy. They bring us such joy, companionship and love unconditionally. May your memories fill your heart. {{hugs}}

What a beauty with that ruby fur.
I have always loved what Will Rogers said — 'If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.'
She is still happy and still loves you.

I am so sorry - dogs are amazing creatures, always happy to see you no matter what is going on.

Oh I am so saddened to read this. I have had to put 2 of my cats to sleep and I still hurt over losing them. Just remember all the good times.

My heart breaks for you.
broken_heart.gif
We are still mourning our little Edward who went to kitty heaven 2 years ago this week. Sending you big hugs.

How wonderful for her that she had you to love her and look after her. And I'm so happy that you enjoyed so many years with her. Your life just wouldn't have been the same without her.
broken_heart.gif

So sorry. We lost our dog 2 years ago this month. It's really hard.

She was beautiful. You gave her a wonderful life and now your heart is overfilled with precious memories ♥

Back