Hardware Store Zombies

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swirt

Forum founder. Former Owner.
Reaction score
My inlaws just sent me this post by snailmail and it made both me and DW laugh. If you are the "handy person" at your inn or if your significant other is the handy one but you've accompanied them to the hardware store, you will likely find this funny.
Hardware Store Zombies and Shopping Karma

Well, here's the thing...I am a hardware store zombie too
teeth_smile.gif
I can spend hours in there. I am the other type of wife, "Hey, honey, these pneumatic drills are on sale, don't you need one? This Makita looks better than the Ryobi to me. What do you think??" "Oh, and look, they have a 2 pack of stud finders at a great price. Don't you need a spare?"
It's the little things in life that make us happy!!
wink_smile.gif

teeth_smile.gif
I can spend hours in there. I am the other type of wife, "Hey, honey, these pneumatic drills are on sale, don't you need one? This Makita looks better than the Ryobi to me. What do you think??" "Oh, and look, they have a 2 pack of stud finders at a great price. Don't you need a spare?"
wink_smile.gif
Samster said:
teeth_smile.gif
wink_smile.gif
Makita Ryobi? DeWalt or nothin baybe.

teeth_smile.gif
wink_smile.gif
Samster said:
teeth_smile.gif
wink_smile.gif
Makita Ryobi? DeWalt or nothin baybe.
Yeah, if you can afford DeWalt!!! I can dream though....
teeth_smile.gif

My husband's many trips to Lowes & Home Depot have made me appreciate them
regular_smile.gif
I can actually spend quite a bit of time browsing while he is picking out lumber and such for projects. I would not say I love it...but I have learned to like it.
And,...if I go with him..it usually means I get taken out to lunch or dinner. So that's a real big plus in my book.
heart.gif

I used to have a 30 minute limit in those stores, after which the noise and sawdust gave me a headache. They must be quieter now, or I've grown accustomed to it... when we picked tile for the last two bathrooms (one tub, two floors) we spent 2 hours on Friday and over 2 on Saturday before we hit the wall and had to leave ASAP. (Things get picked very quickly at that point...)
=)
Kk.

I used to have a 30 minute limit in those stores, after which the noise and sawdust gave me a headache. They must be quieter now, or I've grown accustomed to it... when we picked tile for the last two bathrooms (one tub, two floors) we spent 2 hours on Friday and over 2 on Saturday before we hit the wall and had to leave ASAP. (Things get picked very quickly at that point...)
=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
We both have a 30 minute limit before the lights and the 'atmosphere' get to us. I get the same way in WalMart. Any 'warehouse' type store does that to me.

My DH calls Home Depot & Lowes his shopping mall. I usually find things to look at and dream of (him) doing to our house. Of course if I mention any of these things he just turns to me and proclaims that I am never coming shopping with him again, it means more honeydo's are added to the list! LOL

DW goes with me only to keep me from spending too much :) Her eyes start glossing over after about 5 minutes. Things are looking up though...they just built a Kohl's right next to the HomeDepot.... it was a brilliant sales move. :)

DW goes with me only to keep me from spending too much :) Her eyes start glossing over after about 5 minutes. Things are looking up though...they just built a Kohl's right next to the HomeDepot.... it was a brilliant sales move. :).
I would pick Home Depot over Kohls any day...cabinets, flooring, appliances, lighting, gardening area, the list goes on & on :) I can spend all my time in those areas of the store while my dh is looking at nails. haha! We should have added more stock in these home improvement stores to our portfolio. A couple of the departments know us by name :)

DW goes with me only to keep me from spending too much :) Her eyes start glossing over after about 5 minutes. Things are looking up though...they just built a Kohl's right next to the HomeDepot.... it was a brilliant sales move. :).
I would pick Home Depot over Kohls any day...cabinets, flooring, appliances, lighting, gardening area, the list goes on & on :) I can spend all my time in those areas of the store while my dh is looking at nails. haha! We should have added more stock in these home improvement stores to our portfolio. A couple of the departments know us by name :)
I would go to both! LOL Can a girl have to many stores?
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

Hot Depot and Office Depot .... both are the bane of my existance!

I would go to both! LOL Can a girl have to many stores?
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

Well, that's true enough. haha :) Now if it's a TJ Maxx or Marshalls...I would definitely be going to both stores
thumbs_up.gif

Back