Has anyone made jammy muffins?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
i found a recipe for muffins ... called jammy muffins. that you make a well in the center of the batter and spoon in some jam or preserves.
has anyone made these before?

Yes, but I always over-goo-ed or something. I made a mess. they were good though.

so i have a 'light' cupboard ... not much food in it. do you have a recipe for a 'basic muffin' ... with or without jam ... because i do have flour, eggs, butter and sugar .... and some 1/2 and 1/2.

Try this one, you could just add the preserves/jam to it:
[tr]1 egg
1/4 cup oil
http://www.bbonline.com/recipe/morrillfarm_me_recipe1.html#
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. saltHeat oven at 400 degrees/grease bottom of 9 medium cups. Beat egg, stir in oil, milk. Mix in dry ingredients just until flour is moistened. Batter should be lumpy. Bake for 20-25 minutes You may add any fruit you like.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Try this one, you could just add the preserves/jam to it:
[tr]1 egg
1/4 cup oil
http://www.bbonline.com/recipe/morrillfarm_me_recipe1.html#
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. saltHeat oven at 400 degrees/grease bottom of 9 medium cups. Beat egg, stir in oil, milk. Mix in dry ingredients just until flour is moistened. Batter should be lumpy. Bake for 20-25 minutes You may add any fruit you like.
[/td][/tr][/table].
thanks

Yes... just put jam in the middle. Fill one third, add a little jam (it doesn't take much), fill the rest of the way (two thirds). Yum!
=)
Kk.

Yes, and I usually fill them with raspberry or strawberry preserves. They are made like yellow socks with batter, jam, and then more batter on top. Guests love them.

Yes, and I usually fill them with raspberry or strawberry preserves. They are made like yellow socks with batter, jam, and then more batter on top. Guests love them..
I filled my pumpkin muffins with a mixture of cream cheese and apple butter instead of jam. Came out great. I added about 1 part apple butter to 4 parts cream cheese and mixed with a hand mixer, then filled like Socks suggested.

Yes, and I usually fill them with raspberry or strawberry preserves. They are made like yellow socks with batter, jam, and then more batter on top. Guests love them..
I filled my pumpkin muffins with a mixture of cream cheese and apple butter instead of jam. Came out great. I added about 1 part apple butter to 4 parts cream cheese and mixed with a hand mixer, then filled like Socks suggested.
Innkeep said:
I'm drooling. I love cream cheese in anything.

Back