Has anyone used buuteeq?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markie

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this company? I find it a hassle to change my website, do Facebook, etc. They are expensive but here is what they promise:

• Premium rich website, built on best-practice research, fully SEO optimized
  • Mobile optimized website
  • Enhanced Facebook presence: room info and photos, complete photo gallery, map, reservations link
  • Reservation redirect to your Webervations booking engine
  • Interactive mapping on your website and mobile web (showing your location and attractions near you)
  • Complete, immediate control over content, with no fees for changes, ever
  • Your brand and unique design
  • Easy self-edit/manage tools
  • Provide continually upgraded Software as a Service; you benefit from all future development and innovations
I don't know if they are worth it or not.

Those on PAII who have used it love it. They give a discount if you pay annually I believe.
RIki

Unless you are an high end place ...who can afford it? The prices are outrageous. I think meant more for hotels and people who can afford to pay others to do their marketing for them Not for a small B&B

Unless you are an high end place ...who can afford it? The prices are outrageous. I think meant more for hotels and people who can afford to pay others to do their marketing for them Not for a small B&B.
They do everything - not just web. And their facebook ap is free. I believe others have added everything else they pay for and it comes to the same amount. They are talking about ability to update on your own so no webmaster charge for every change, SEO services on a constant basis, tracking, etc etc etc.
I would recommend you checking out the discussion on the PAII chatboard.
RIki

Unless you are an high end place ...who can afford it? The prices are outrageous. I think meant more for hotels and people who can afford to pay others to do their marketing for them Not for a small B&B.
They do everything - not just web. And their facebook ap is free. I believe others have added everything else they pay for and it comes to the same amount. They are talking about ability to update on your own so no webmaster charge for every change, SEO services on a constant basis, tracking, etc etc etc.
RIki
Sorry I am not a member of PAII. If you want to make your own changes to your site. Just have it done in wordpress or joomla. Then you can do it yourself. But I know you do anyway :)
They must be using the freebie. look at these rates: http://www.buuteeq.com/pricing
omg_smile.gif

Hi--i'm the ceo and founder of buuteeq, i read the terms of this community site to be sure that i'm allowed to post here and it looks like I am, so i wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Forest Key, I started buuteeq about 2 years ago after having worked for more than 10 years in internet/web technology (most recently at Microsoft), and i'm an avid traveller and lover of unique places to stay. As a web technology expert, i was often dismayed at the low quality of most inns/b&b/hotel websites, which led me to want to build a great service that would allow owners to directly create and manage really great online marketing materials for their property. buuteeq's service launched earlier this year (Jan 2011) and i'm thrilled at the reception we've received by hotels/inns of all sizes in over 16 countries and counting.
We think our solution is very special and have been told by inns that are using the system already here in the USA that they are seeing tremendous benefits--more visitors, more reservations, and the lower cost and hassle that comes from being able to do everything themselves using our web application direclty (no fees for making changes, adding content, etc.). We've put well over $1m USD of engineering into the product already and growing, so subscribers to buuteeq will benefit from the ongoing feature additions and system improvements that we will be making in the months and years ahead. This notion of "cloud computing" is something that we embrace fully and think has really relevant benefits to innkeepers.
I would welcome any feedback or questions directly by email (forest (@) buuteeq.com) or at my cell phone, 206-910-5805 (pacific timezone, we are based in Seattle WA); i'm also happy to provide some innkeeper examples and their contacts if you'd like to speak with someone that is already using buuteeq at a similar sized/style property.
Thank you for the chance to be a member of the community here at innspiring.com :)
forest

Awright I just have to say something, I thought you were mocking up the name. Are you kidding? This is really the name with that spelling?

Those on PAII who have used it love it. They give a discount if you pay annually I believe.
RIki.
YIKES! Sorry you have to be a big place to afford thoses kind of prices. MAN at least a Inn with 8 months of the year with good profits to afford this no matter what kind of perks you get.
This is not for us LITTLE PEOPLE.!

RIki
Sorry I am not a member of PAII. If you want to make your own changes to your site. Just have it done in wordpress or joomla. Then you can do it yourself. But I know you do anyway :)
They must be using the freebie. look at these rates: http://www.buuteeq.com/pricing
omg_smile.gif

catlady said:
omg_smile.gif
Holy manure pile!! Those prices would choke a horse! I make all my updates on my website (except photos because I do not know what I am doing) and I pay only for my hosting (CHEAP!). I do not know what my web site was done in, but I just login and do it to it.

Hi--i'm the ceo and founder of buuteeq, i read the terms of this community site to be sure that i'm allowed to post here and it looks like I am, so i wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Forest Key, I started buuteeq about 2 years ago after having worked for more than 10 years in internet/web technology (most recently at Microsoft), and i'm an avid traveller and lover of unique places to stay. As a web technology expert, i was often dismayed at the low quality of most inns/b&b/hotel websites, which led me to want to build a great service that would allow owners to directly create and manage really great online marketing materials for their property. buuteeq's service launched earlier this year (Jan 2011) and i'm thrilled at the reception we've received by hotels/inns of all sizes in over 16 countries and counting.
We think our solution is very special and have been told by inns that are using the system already here in the USA that they are seeing tremendous benefits--more visitors, more reservations, and the lower cost and hassle that comes from being able to do everything themselves using our web application direclty (no fees for making changes, adding content, etc.). We've put well over $1m USD of engineering into the product already and growing, so subscribers to buuteeq will benefit from the ongoing feature additions and system improvements that we will be making in the months and years ahead. This notion of "cloud computing" is something that we embrace fully and think has really relevant benefits to innkeepers.
I would welcome any feedback or questions directly by email (forest (@) buuteeq.com) or at my cell phone, 206-910-5805 (pacific timezone, we are based in Seattle WA); i'm also happy to provide some innkeeper examples and their contacts if you'd like to speak with someone that is already using buuteeq at a similar sized/style property.
Thank you for the chance to be a member of the community here at innspiring.com :)
forest.
You are correct in the fact that many places have horrid websites, but most of them could not even begin to afford your services!
Cloud computing is fine, but I for one would love to see some B & B sites that are actually paying your prices for your services. Or, as someone said, you are giving one heck of a discount to get folks on board.
Ok, So I found this place using the system. But click on reservations. It takes you to Weber va tions. I don't see anything spectacular about this site. Can be done easily in a WordPress or Joomla template you can buy for $35. So what does this place pay you per month?? I can't believe it would even be the low end of your pricing. Sorry:-(

forest.
You are correct in the fact that many places have horrid websites, but most of them could not even begin to afford your services!
Cloud computing is fine, but I for one would love to see some B & B sites that are actually paying your prices for your services. Or, as someone said, you are giving one heck of a discount to get folks on board.
Ok, So I found this place using the system. But click on reservations. It takes you to Weber va tions. I don't see anything spectacular about this site. Can be done easily in a WordPress or Joomla template you can buy for $35. So what does this place pay you per month?? I can't believe it would even be the low end of your pricing. Sorry:-(
Wow what a giant Blogger icon!

For those prices, they should be web hosting, taking online reservations and cleaning our rooms.

forest.
Hi Catlady,
the economics for our system work out like this: assume a $100 per night average rate for a room, a 2 nigh average stay per guest, and 12 x 30 day months in a year. if buuteeq's system can help your property attract a net increase of say 16 reservations annually, (1.3 reservations per month, x 12 months = 16 reservations x $200 average ticket = $3200) then the system pays for itself in that year. For buuteeq to be a *FANTASTIC* marketing investment for a property of just 4 rooms (120 room nights per month or 60 average potential stays) delivering 3 incremental stays is all that it takes--and buuteeq can do that and more! For bigger properties with more rooms, or properties with higher ADR (average daily rates of some of our customers run as high as $500 per night) then the number of reservations needed to pay for the system can be as low as a handful per year. I'm curious, how many rooms do you have at your property? I agree with you that smaller room #s make the economics a bit scarrier for new customers switching to buuteeq, and we are always taking feedback about ways to price buuteeq (including a sliding scale by property size)--but for now we have many small properties who are very happy with the system and seeing an immediate benefit to their bottom line.
The system achieves the net positive reservations by (a) attracting more potential guests (better SEO, localized content into multiple languages, and reaching guests with mobile optimized content where 50%+ of guests will be looking at your website by 2014) (b) converting more of those visitors to confirmed reservations (via highly instrumented and optimizied information architecture and design that has been tested iteratively over 100s of hotels of all different types that are using our system), (c) and integrated pricing and promotion controls that allow you to study what is working/not-working, and optimize and improve the performance of your online marketing investment.
Re: your suggestion that Joomla or Wordpress are sufficient for some owners--perhaps in the same way that a pocket knive is a tool you can take camping and get through the 3 nights without starving... but it is a far cry from the buuteeq digital marketing system, which is more akin to a 5 star kitchen completely optimized with tools for every key function related to marketing your b&b/inn/hotel. buuteeq includes a better and easier to use content management system, complete mobile, Facebook, AND website marketing, integrated booking engine and reservagion management, and business intelligence/analytics so you can improve overall performance.
You mention the Bacon Mansion as one example, which integrates our buuteeq hotel online marketing with the property's existing (prior in-use) booking engine which is Rezovation--our system is flexible and allows 3rd party booking engines (which was the owner's choice in this case. Here are some more examples for you of inns/b&b's that use our system together with our booking engine, and sometimes with other 3rd party systems: Castle Marne B&B (Denver, Colorado), Hamilton House B&B (Whitewater, Wisconsin), Cowper Inn (Palo Alto, California), B&B on Broadway (Seattle, Washington), The Inn at Mount Vernon (Speryville, Virginia), and some international examples that feature multiple language localization and provide some insight into the global success buuteeq is enjoying in over 16 countries: Casa Zapallar Inn (Zapallar, Chile), Guilin B&B (Guilin, China), Elquimista Cabins (Pisco Elqui, Chile), Regalo del Mar B&B (Troncones, Mexico), Lavanda B&B (Garmen, Bulgaria). Here are some hotels (bigger properties, higher average daily rates reaching into the $300+ per night): Heathman Lodge (Vancouver, Washington), Lian Lodge (Guilin, China), Gonzo Inn (Moab, Utah), Tierra Atacama Resort (San Pedro de Atacama, Chile), Ada Istanbul Hotel (Istanbul, Turkey) and the Le Quartier Francais (West Cape, South Africa)… and many, many more…
So IMHO, it is not about the "cost" of buuteeq or any other system that a innkeeper might consider, but rather, about the "benefit" or potential net positive increase in $$$ that such investments can produce.
Thanks for your interest and happy to answer other questions.
Forest

forest.
Hi Catlady,
the economics for our system work out like this: assume a $100 per night average rate for a room, a 2 nigh average stay per guest, and 12 x 30 day months in a year. if buuteeq's system can help your property attract a net increase of say 16 reservations annually, (1.3 reservations per month, x 12 months = 16 reservations x $200 average ticket = $3200) then the system pays for itself in that year. For buuteeq to be a *FANTASTIC* marketing investment for a property of just 4 rooms (120 room nights per month or 60 average potential stays) delivering 3 incremental stays is all that it takes--and buuteeq can do that and more! For bigger properties with more rooms, or properties with higher ADR (average daily rates of some of our customers run as high as $500 per night) then the number of reservations needed to pay for the system can be as low as a handful per year. I'm curious, how many rooms do you have at your property? I agree with you that smaller room #s make the economics a bit scarrier for new customers switching to buuteeq, and we are always taking feedback about ways to price buuteeq (including a sliding scale by property size)--but for now we have many small properties who are very happy with the system and seeing an immediate benefit to their bottom line.
The system achieves the net positive reservations by (a) attracting more potential guests (better SEO, localized content into multiple languages, and reaching guests with mobile optimized content where 50%+ of guests will be looking at your website by 2014) (b) converting more of those visitors to confirmed reservations (via highly instrumented and optimizied information architecture and design that has been tested iteratively over 100s of hotels of all different types that are using our system), (c) and integrated pricing and promotion controls that allow you to study what is working/not-working, and optimize and improve the performance of your online marketing investment.
Re: your suggestion that Joomla or Wordpress are sufficient for some owners--perhaps in the same way that a pocket knive is a tool you can take camping and get through the 3 nights without starving... but it is a far cry from the buuteeq digital marketing system, which is more akin to a 5 star kitchen completely optimized with tools for every key function related to marketing your b&b/inn/hotel. buuteeq includes a better and easier to use content management system, complete mobile, Facebook, AND website marketing, integrated booking engine and reservagion management, and business intelligence/analytics so you can improve overall performance.
You mention the Bacon Mansion as one example, which integrates our buuteeq hotel online marketing with the property's existing (prior in-use) booking engine which is Rezovation--our system is flexible and allows 3rd party booking engines (which was the owner's choice in this case. Here are some more examples for you of inns/b&b's that use our system together with our booking engine, and sometimes with other 3rd party systems: Castle Marne B&B (Denver, Colorado), Hamilton House B&B (Whitewater, Wisconsin), Cowper Inn (Palo Alto, California), B&B on Broadway (Seattle, Washington), The Inn at Mount Vernon (Speryville, Virginia), and some international examples that feature multiple language localization and provide some insight into the global success buuteeq is enjoying in over 16 countries: Casa Zapallar Inn (Zapallar, Chile), Guilin B&B (Guilin, China), Elquimista Cabins (Pisco Elqui, Chile), Regalo del Mar B&B (Troncones, Mexico), Lavanda B&B (Garmen, Bulgaria). Here are some hotels (bigger properties, higher average daily rates reaching into the $300+ per night): Heathman Lodge (Vancouver, Washington), Lian Lodge (Guilin, China), Gonzo Inn (Moab, Utah), Tierra Atacama Resort (San Pedro de Atacama, Chile), Ada Istanbul Hotel (Istanbul, Turkey) and the Le Quartier Francais (West Cape, South Africa)… and many, many more…
So IMHO, it is not about the "cost" of buuteeq or any other system that a innkeeper might consider, but rather, about the "benefit" or potential net positive increase in $$$ that such investments can produce.
Forest
Nice... except everyone seems to do that... it costs just a few nights a year.... of course my city taxes cost me about 90 to 100 room days a year, my income taxes costs me....
It's just too high for some of us and at five rooms, too dear for me to even contemplate.

forest.
Hi Catlady,
Forest
Nice... except everyone seems to do that... it costs just a few nights a year.... of course my city taxes cost me about 90 to 100 room days a year, my income taxes costs me....
It's just too high for some of us and at five rooms, too dear for me to even contemplate.
Hi Eric. We have a free product we call Starter, which will create a detailed room gallery/overview of your property on a facebook page, so that guests can discover and see info about your Gingerbread Manor and then book directly with you through your existing website. It looks like you don't yet have a fan page set up on Facebook for your property?--if you'd like to try our free product let me know and I'll have someone on our team call you to set up a 30 minute chat--we'll create the fan page for you, and show you how to load up our system with photos, room descriptions, an interactive map, and photo gallery. We have several hundred b&bs using our 100% free Hotel Info Page (facebook application) to create and imrpove their b&b's Facebook fan page...
While you are at it you are welcome to try out the entire system (and see what it can do for your website and mobile phone guests), absolutely no expectation or high pressure sales--we promise!

forest.
Hi Catlady,
Forest
Hi Eric. We have a free product we call Starter, which will create a detailed room gallery/overview of your property on a facebook page, so that guests can discover and see info about your Gingerbread Manor and then book directly with you through your existing website. It looks like you don't yet have a fan page set up on Facebook for your property?--if you'd like to try our free product let me know and I'll have someone on our team call you to set up a 30 minute chat--we'll create the fan page for you, and show you how to load up our system with photos, room descriptions, an interactive map, and photo gallery. We have several hundred b&bs using our 100% free Hotel Info Page (facebook application) to create and imrpove their b&b's Facebook fan page...
While you are at it you are welcome to try out the entire system (and see what it can do for your website and mobile phone guests), absolutely no expectation or high pressure sales--we promise!
anyone can set up a Facebook page. Why do they need your company to do that? Some just don't want to be on Facebook.

forest.
Hi Catlady,
Forest
anyone can set up a Facebook page. Why do they need your company to do that? Some just don't want to be on Facebook.
Hi Catlady (btw, i have 3 cats so even if we can't agree about b&b marketing, we are probaby kindered spirits where it really counts :) )
We don't just set up a fan page for you, we add DETAILED room information and photos that directly link back to your website's booking engine. This gives prospective guests a quick entre into learning more about what 70%+ of visitors to your site will look at first when they visit you--your rooms! If a guest stays with you and then likes/comments on their facebook feed about their positive stay, then their network of friends and their friends' friends can immediately discover your property and see your room, photos, and location information right there in facebook... take a look at some examples:
Hamilton Houses facebook page powered by buuteeq: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hamilton-House-Bed-and-Breakfast/135850638748
or
Cowper Inn's facebook page powered by buuteeq: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cowper-Inn/100582126677433
thanks

forest.
Hi Catlady,
Forest
Hi Catlady (btw, i have 3 cats so even if we can't agree about b&b marketing, we are probaby kindered spirits where it really counts :) )
We don't just set up a fan page for you, we add DETAILED room information and photos that directly link back to your website's booking engine. This gives prospective guests a quick entre into learning more about what 70%+ of visitors to your site will look at first when they visit you--your rooms! If a guest stays with you and then likes/comments on their facebook feed about their positive stay, then their network of friends and their friends' friends can immediately discover your property and see your room, photos, and location information right there in facebook... take a look at some examples:
Hamilton Houses facebook page powered by buuteeq: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hamilton-House-Bed-and-Breakfast/135850638748
or
Cowper Inn's facebook page powered by buuteeq: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cowper-Inn/100582126677433
thanks
oh, and as to "not wanting to be on facebook", i'm also not personally a big fan of facebook for my own use... but 600m+ potential guests DO use facebook :)

Awright I just have to say something, I thought you were mocking up the name. Are you kidding? This is really the name with that spelling?.
lol... well, it is what it is. "boutique" is an aspirational notion in lodging, it doesn't really mean anything but if you ask 100 guests if they would like to stay at a "boutique property", many will opt for that experience. Similar to when someone offers me "do you want hot sauce with that"--i'll always say YES (i like spicy food). When we were naming the company we wanted to capture that quality of "boutiquedness", and we went a bit overboard in finding a unique .com web address that was available--myself being a visual designer/film-maker (i worked on Star Wars movies, among others) i got a bit carried away in the visual balance of 2x"uu" and 2x"ee"s... your not the first to be flabergasted by the name/spelling, but it leads to a suprisingly high number of people remembering us as "the cool company with the really weird spelling of their name, which is pronounced "boutique""--so we are keeping it for now!

Back