Quantcast

Has anyone watched Ruth Watson's hotel rescue?

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

Joey Camb

Reaction score
You have to put in Demand 4 and the above show title it is hilarious people who have never even worked in a restaurant or changed a bed trying to start a hotel or B&B. If you have a spare min it will make you laugh and wince! Another good show is the hotel inspector which is on demand 5.

Highlands John

Reaction score
We love Hotel Inspector, we usually end up shouting at the screen. Some of these places are in a terrible mess and still can't understand why they're not getting bookings, and then take umbridge when they get told the place needs a damn good clean and tidy.
Have you seen "Three In A Bed", it's a good laugh, last year I had an email from Channel 4 asking if I would take part. AT the time I said yes, but having seen the format there is no way I'd let other B&B owners come round here and pick my place to bits on national television. B&B owners make the worst possible guests at the best of times.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I have seen it. I agree, kick the telly. Esp when the argue how great their places are and you would not like to step foot in them!

Joey Camb

Reaction score
We love Hotel Inspector, we usually end up shouting at the screen. Some of these places are in a terrible mess and still can't understand why they're not getting bookings, and then take umbridge when they get told the place needs a damn good clean and tidy.
Have you seen "Three In A Bed", it's a good laugh, last year I had an email from Channel 4 asking if I would take part. AT the time I said yes, but having seen the format there is no way I'd let other B&B owners come round here and pick my place to bits on national television. B&B owners make the worst possible guests at the best of times..
They are looking for people to go on three in a bed but I don't fancy it at all lol.

Joey Camb

Reaction score
I have seen it. I agree, kick the telly. Esp when the argue how great their places are and you would not like to step foot in them!.
if you like that there is a new one called three in a bed it is hilarious one chap on and he is drunk all the time.

Leonardo

Reaction score
I liked watching HI and have been to England and been in some of those B&B's, and walked away. But the thing I remember the most were THE PRICES! Not to mention the size of the rooms too! My closets are about the same size as a bedroom and for 80£. Shameful. Leonard at Waterman's Overnight

Joey Camb

Reaction score
I liked watching HI and have been to England and been in some of those B&B's, and walked away. But the thing I remember the most were THE PRICES! Not to mention the size of the rooms too! My closets are about the same size as a bedroom and for 80£. Shameful. Leonard at Waterman's Overnight.
You have to remember that land prices here are a lot more expensive than in America plus a lot of B&B are in conveted houses so we don't have a lot of control over room sizes. I do think £80.00 is a bit steep but it depends if you were in a busy time or place it is demand and supply. We have a conference in Harrogate that I could charge £120 for a double room with one person in it if I wanted to and I would still be full it just depends on the market.