Has Using RESNEXUS increased your revenues?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
Has Using RESNEXUS increased your revenues? If so, how many of those reservations were made during the hours of 10 p.m. and 8 a.m.?

I can't ay for Resnexxus specifically but I can say that using SuperInn as many as half of our reservations came in during the nighttime hours. Thats why It is a pretty safe guarantee that Resnexxus offers. They know the odds are in their favor.

I can't ay for Resnexxus specifically but I can say that using SuperInn as many as half of our reservations came in during the nighttime hours. Thats why It is a pretty safe guarantee that Resnexxus offers. They know the odds are in their favor..
Swirt, When you switched from Si to Gt were you able to import any of your data or did you have to manually enter all of it?

I can't ay for Resnexxus specifically but I can say that using SuperInn as many as half of our reservations came in during the nighttime hours. Thats why It is a pretty safe guarantee that Resnexxus offers. They know the odds are in their favor..
Swirt, When you switched from Si to Gt were you able to import any of your data or did you have to manually enter all of it?
Landmark said:
Afraid not. The short version is that the data export from SuperInn is pretty limited. Reservation data is disconnected from contact data. Also the csv contact data provided by SuperInn can be faulty. If you ever put a carriage return in your customer notes (which is pretty likely if you kept customer notes), it screws up the fields of the csv so that it can't be imported. I started going through by hand and "scrubbing" the data to correct each of it by hand but it took way too long to straighten out the mess. So basically I have files that I can jump into if I need old client data. I do that when we get a reservation from a past guest, I just go and copy the info from the old file and paste it into Rezovation. It is not a perfect solution but for my 3 room inn it is a lot simpler than scrubbing all the contact data to clean it up and fix it. If I had a larger property I would probably have gone back to SuperInn to get them to take on the burden of exporting clean data.

Landmark said:
Afraid not. The short version is that the data export from SuperInn is pretty limited. Reservation data is disconnected from contact data. Also the csv contact data provided by SuperInn can be faulty. If you ever put a carriage return in your customer notes (which is pretty likely if you kept customer notes), it screws up the fields of the csv so that it can't be imported. I started going through by hand and "scrubbing" the data to correct each of it by hand but it took way too long to straighten out the mess. So basically I have files that I can jump into if I need old client data. I do that when we get a reservation from a past guest, I just go and copy the info from the old file and paste it into Rezovation. It is not a perfect solution but for my 3 room inn it is a lot simpler than scrubbing all the contact data to clean it up and fix it. If I had a larger property I would probably have gone back to SuperInn to get them to take on the burden of exporting clean data.
swirt said:
If I had a larger property I would probably have gone back to SuperInn to get them to take on the burden of exporting clean data.
I am assuming there is a fee for that. Do you know how much it would cost to do that?

Using booking software has definitely helped, but most of my reservations still come in by phone. Of the ones that come in online, they are mostly during work hours.

Landmark said:
swirt said:
If I had a larger property I would probably have gone back to SuperInn to get them to take on the burden of exporting clean data.
I am assuming there is a fee for that. Do you know how much it would cost to do that?
I doubt there is a fee. It is a problem with their export that they ought to fix, it is more a question of how fast they would fix it.

I don't get that many reservations during the night. But I get a lot during the day when people are at work and don't want to be heard on the phone booking a vacation. Almost 100 percent of my bookings come from online bookings.
I just got a tour reservation online that was referred to someone in Afghanistan - she has corresponded with me and used the online booking to purchase a gift certificate for her parents in North Carolina. I was referred to her from someone in the military over there that took one of my tours before leaving the states.
I give only discounts to anyone coming back from or going to a war zone. I'm so close to DC I'd go out of business giving all the military discounts. This lady told me she did not qualify as she is in Afghanistan doing humanitarian work, not military. I told her anyone in a "hardship post" deserves the disount and still gave it to her.
There's been humanitarian workers killed too. They are all at risk over there as far as I'm concerned.
Riki

I don't get that many reservations during the night. But I get a lot during the day when people are at work and don't want to be heard on the phone booking a vacation. Almost 100 percent of my bookings come from online bookings.
I just got a tour reservation online that was referred to someone in Afghanistan - she has corresponded with me and used the online booking to purchase a gift certificate for her parents in North Carolina. I was referred to her from someone in the military over there that took one of my tours before leaving the states.
I give only discounts to anyone coming back from or going to a war zone. I'm so close to DC I'd go out of business giving all the military discounts. This lady told me she did not qualify as she is in Afghanistan doing humanitarian work, not military. I told her anyone in a "hardship post" deserves the disount and still gave it to her.
There's been humanitarian workers killed too. They are all at risk over there as far as I'm concerned.
Riki.
Good for you. Meaning I think it is very nice that you gave the discount.

Riki.
Good for you. Meaning I think it is very nice that you gave the discount.
I certainly think they are earning it!!!
Riki

Back