Hate to ask, but I am asking

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
My City is trying to get a Community Center. A group of us are even attending 2 years worth of BS "training" because it has money (a whole $13,000) at the end but it will help. We are writing grant applications and doing a lot of things, but we have a "chance" at part of another pot of money Reader's Digest is offering. You can cast 10 votes per day before it tells you that is all for the day. It just takes a minute or two to go in every day. This article will be in our local paper this week. If you would please vote every day, it would be a huge help. Thanks in advance.
Shinnston Needs YOU!
If you have e-mail, you can help!

Reader’s Digest has once again started the We Hear You America program because it had such overwhelming response. They have even increased the amount of money in the prize pot! There is now $7.5 MILLION in prize money. Shinnston needs some of that money! Here is how YOU can help and it will cost you nothing more than a few minutes of time each day.
All you have to do is go to http://wehearyouamerica.readersdigest.com/index.jsp ; then enter 26431 in the box for Cheer Now! For Your Town and click CHEER. IF you cheered for Shinnston last time, just enter your e-mail address in the Returning Users, Please LOGIN. Then click on that CHEER button 10 times – EVERY DAY UNTIL MAY 16!!!!!

If you have never done this before, please register your name. address, and e-mail address and then you may want to remember to UNCHECK THE BOXES offering to send you e-mails. Now you will be permitted to enter your e-mail address every day and vote 10 times with each e-mail address you have. Help us try to get some funds for our Community Center.

Thanks, all. We need a repeat every day until May 16. I know it is asking a lot, but this town reallllllly neds it.

Done for the day! See you're currently at #28... inching up one vote at a time!!!

Done for the day! See you're currently at #28... inching up one vote at a time!!!.
We are back down to 35 this morning. That is what is so disheartening. I go through the hoops to get us up 2 and I come back in the morning and we are down 4. I am too Irish/Scots/German/English to quit - if THAT is not a stubborn enough combo I do not know what is!
Thank you everyone who votes for us every day. Every 10 votes help.

I used to be a bit shy about asking for things but its worn off if you want something you have to fight for it and you will be surprised how often people are looking for someone to lead them and tell them what to do. You go girl!

how is it marked? on total number of cheers?.
Yes, on total number of cheers. That is why the daily input is so important. I just did mine and got us back up to #35.
Riki, 6 today. Will see what happens tomorrow. Still have a bunch in reserve if a redo tomorrow does not work. Ran out of time.

Back