Hats, hats, hats .....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ukmaineiac

Reaction score
As we all know (with Alibi Ike being the latest "victim"), wedding parties can be a PITA. So I wanted to share this story with you.
We recently had a house full of wedding guests that included some of the bridal party and were billed as being the young, fun crowd (NOT something I wanted to hear).
Night 1, my DH, who generally doesn't get involved with guests, stayed up chatting until the wee hours.
Night 2 we told them we would be outside sitting around the firepit and they were welcome to join us. They all left the wedding as soon as was polite and joined us with bags of marshmallows.
Night 3 they met up with guests from other inns to walk down the hill to our closest bar / restaurant and asked if they could borrow some of my hats (I have something of a hat fetish). The guys were wearing my floppy straw hats (some with flowers) and the girls were in fedoras, stetsons, bowlers etc. They wanted us to join them but I said DH was watching football and wouldn't want to be disturbed ..... and off they went. I told DH and he said - "Why Not - let's go and join them". We put on our hats (because we usually put on hats). Walked into the small bar and heard a buzz start around the room ....
.... "see, I told you it must be hat night" ....... "It's hat night? .... "no one told us it was hat night" ..... "why didn't we wear our hats' ...... "go home and get our hats" ...... "next time let us know when it's hat night" ...... "are you going to be doing hat night again" ...... "when's the next hat night" ........

This group definitely bucked the trend. They were also surprisingly neat and tipped well.

Glad to hear a Happy Story
thumbs_up.gif

well as soon as my stuff goes on auction I will let you know, it will be an online auction with local pickup but you can arrange your own shipping cause I have a BOATLOAD of old hats that will be included!!

I love it when that happens. We had guests during the summer that stayed with us for a 50th wedding anniversary. Their friend that has lived in this town all his life came by with drinks in hand and asked us to join them on the wrap around porch (we didnt drink with them) but talked about the days when this town was great. Then after their cocktail hour they asked us to join them for dinner and we did.
It was great fun and they were great tippers as well...Good for you.

Just found their review on line.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g40766-d621321-r119622464-
I am so very impressed with the fact that the reviewer stayed on the main-stream positive and didn't dwell on the very peronalized sillyness that made this weekend so much fun .... but may not translate to other guests. They realized that our delivery WILL vary from guest to guest. That being said - I will never forget the weekend. I could not have asked for a better group.

I am so very impressed with the fact that the reviewer stayed on the main-stream positive and didn't dwell on the very peronalized sillyness that made this weekend so much fun .... but may not translate to other guests. They realized that our delivery WILL vary from guest to guest. That being said - I will never forget the weekend. I could not have asked for a better group..
cheers.gif
Great review. Congrats!!

I am so very impressed with the fact that the reviewer stayed on the main-stream positive and didn't dwell on the very peronalized sillyness that made this weekend so much fun .... but may not translate to other guests. They realized that our delivery WILL vary from guest to guest. That being said - I will never forget the weekend. I could not have asked for a better group..
What a wonderful review!! Makes me wish you had been in Maine when I was going there. Perhaps someday, when I am again traveling alone....

Speaking of reviews....I just saw an example of why people are wary of fake reviews on TA. Clicked from Tipsy's review to see what was happening in our local market and there's a totally bogus stellar review of a B&B here posted by another innkeeper in our State. It's that innkeeper's only review except for something for their own inn. How do I know this? They obviously weren't here recently because there are things that have been different at that inn for over 6 months. The inn has recently received quite a few very bad reviews. hmmmm.....

cheers.gif

What a wonderful review! Congratulations. Your hard work and ambiance you have created showed through loud and clear by this reviewer.

Back