Haunted room?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megan

Reaction score
Showing 2 walk-ins around the inn today and they were happily looking at every room- no other guests booked. The woman is looking into each room oohing and aahing about this and that. Just being nice, I think. She steps into one room and immediately backs out of it, practically knocking me down and startling her bf. She says, 'That room is haunted.' Her bf laughs and she turns to him very upset and says, 'I'm not joking, there's something in that room.'
She walks away and looks at the other rooms and settles on another one. Her initial reaction to the room she picked was, 'I love this room, it's so calm and peaceful.'
The backstory- the room she shied out of has had guest complaints about sounds and feelings of unease. The room she picked always elicits the response she gave. They've never been here before so I thought it was telling that she picked up the haunted feeling with no mention of anything like that even being in the conversation beforehand.
No one here gets those sensations and there are other rooms that I find more unsettling than the ~haunted~ room.

Why don't you sell it as haunted and be done with it. That way people will book it for that reason?
Why not TRY it?

We stayed at the Seven Sisters (upstairs front window room) when the airline couple owned it. I never experienced anything there but I did at another FL B&B, inn. However, that room inspired a room in my B&B mystery series. I liked how it overlooks the front yard and used that. In my books, however, the road out front is a country road in the middle of orange grove country.
Thanks Seven Sisters for the inn-spiration. ;)

Hiya 7-sisters,
I keep telling my guests to go over to your Inn, still dream of that delicious pineapple cream cheese pastry! How was the response the the TV thing about the haunted Inn - any increase in business?
I had 3 (yes 3) guests one after the other that had "weird experiences", however a couple of weeks later I had "Big Bend Ghosthunters" in house while they were over at the Andersonville Fair. Although they were not officially looking for anything, they did not pick up anything "odd" about the house.
One incident has been traced to a faulty internal remote in a ceiling fan LOL.

Hiya 7-sisters,
I keep telling my guests to go over to your Inn, still dream of that delicious pineapple cream cheese pastry! How was the response the the TV thing about the haunted Inn - any increase in business?
I had 3 (yes 3) guests one after the other that had "weird experiences", however a couple of weeks later I had "Big Bend Ghosthunters" in house while they were over at the Andersonville Fair. Although they were not officially looking for anything, they did not pick up anything "odd" about the house.
One incident has been traced to a faulty internal remote in a ceiling fan LOL..
agoodman1963 said:
Hiya 7-sisters,
One incident has been traced to a faulty internal remote in a ceiling fan LOL.
It looks like my place has been confused with somewhere else. Your place is in GA, right? I'm guessing you wouldn't be referring guests to a place in Maine? We're on an island off the Down East coast. Sorry if there has been any confusion. I've only been using this forum to sort out some problems I was left with when I took over here during a family emergency. Again, sorry if there's a bit of mistaken identity. I think I know which place we've been confused with.
Once there's a working website here - I cannot believe my aunt has gone this long on word of mouth and repeats - I'd be happy if all the folks here would refer to us!
And that pineapple cream cheese thing sounds de-lish!

Oh my, there is an Inn in Ocala FL called the 7 sisters, they have a couple of "haunting" experiences and were recently featured on a TV program by a ghost hunting group. I thought this was the same Inn since in another post someone had mentioned the "airline pilot owners" who are the owners of that Inn. SORRY!!
But they would not share that recipe with me (and funnily enough the assistant Innkeeper used to be in Maine!)
The Inn is for sale, EVERY room there is PERFECT!! I came back to mine and said WHERE am I going to find the cash to make mine look like theirs?? http://www.sevensistersinn.com
As for websites, I used Savvy booking to develop mine, costly but they do good work, although I had major issues with their booking engine and finally went over to resnexxus.
and if I can refer anyone to you, I will ....

Hi Everyone...........read your posts.......and I am the Ocala Seven Sisters Inn. Hope you all are well.....CHARLIE.
Seven Sisters Historic Inn said:
Hi Everyone...........read your posts.......and I am the Ocala Seven Sisters Inn. Hope you all are well.....CHARLIE
Welcome Charlie!
welcome.gif

Hi Everyone...........read your posts.......and I am the Ocala Seven Sisters Inn. Hope you all are well.....CHARLIE.
Seven Sisters Historic Inn said:
Hi Everyone...........read your posts.......and I am the Ocala Seven Sisters Inn. Hope you all are well.....CHARLIE
Hi! I saw the episode of Ghost Hunters where they were at your Inn, very interesting!

Back