Have you ever had this request?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
The first thing these guests asked was, "Do you have a cat?"
Me: "Yes." (waiting for the allergy....)
Them, "Can your cat sleep with us?"
Me: "ummmm, no. She's not allowed in the inn."
The next morning, DH brought the cat out to the breakfast room for a one on one introduction. That was the best we could offer.
Have you ever had a guest ask to 'borrow' your pet?

No. But as a guest I wanted to spend time with the owner's labradoodle. So cute!

Yes. We declined. There's no telling how the dog would have been all thru the night!

Yes. Had a guest stay with me this fall that had just lost her black cat of 16 years to illness. Her trip was really a grieving journey. When she heard my Cole call out to her from our quarters she just HAD to see him. And when she discovered I had two black cats she said her visit was meant to be. Although I wouldn't let her take either of the cats to bed with her (white bedding), I did let her cuddle them in the common areas where I have hardwood. I only had one other room while she was with us and they had cats of their own back home. She left happy, content and grateful.
Although the cats are not allowed to roam the common areas, I do bring the cats out if requested and let guests pet them. My Cole is very sociable and is well behaved.

Carlton the cat is free to roam the yard. If a guest wants to bring him in the vacation rental they are welcome to do so. Not in the inn. One long term guest made good friends with him. I think he slept indoors more than a few times.
Guest pets are welcome in the vacation rental, so guests are welcome to have Carlton visit if they choose. I have a very good hair cleaning vac, and laundry from the rental is never mixed with inside the inn laundry.

Guests always ask if our golden retriever can stay with them in their room. Nope, she sleeps under our bed. She's not allowed in any of the B&B bedrooms or the dining room. I don't blame them for asking though. She's pretty awesome.

When Oliver was still coming to the Lodge with me every day, I had guests that asked (and were given permission) to take him for a run. He was the most mild mannered dog and it wore him out so I was a happy mom.

When Oliver was still coming to the Lodge with me every day, I had guests that asked (and were given permission) to take him for a run. He was the most mild mannered dog and it wore him out so I was a happy mom.

The guests often ask to see our dogs, and I bring them into the entry area.

I put the cats out in the morning. One stays out most of the day. The kittens usually stay out for perhaps an hour, after it get light. The guests enjoy them outside.

We just (JUST) had a call from a guest due to check in today asking to bring their puppy. C'mon people. If you didn't have this animal when you made the rez a few weeks ago, then you have zero control over it at this point. Don't spring this stuff on people! And, yes, it's a puppy puppy. I don't want house breaking going on in my best room.

We just (JUST) had a call from a guest due to check in today asking to bring their puppy. C'mon people. If you didn't have this animal when you made the rez a few weeks ago, then you have zero control over it at this point. Don't spring this stuff on people! And, yes, it's a puppy puppy. I don't want house breaking going on in my best room..
WOW! JUST WOW! SPEECHLESS!
omg_smile.gif

Back