Have You Said "Thank You" today? - blog article 03.13.09

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just said 'thank you' to...the guy who helped me pick out paint, the guy who rang me up after the paint was mixed, the girl who cut my hair, the guy who held the door open for me when I left, the woman who made my sandwich, the woman who rang up my sandwich sale, the girl who called wanting me to buy ad space in her newspaper.
I know that's not what you meant. We have one of those places here...send out cards. My friend was thinking about signing up for it but she doesn't collect addresses when people make reservations with her so she'd have to start doing that.

No addresses?
The funniest thing is we have a friend who is semi-retired. Do you know what her part time job is now? She restocks the cards for Hallmark at two CVS in town and two in another town. Only that brand. I said to her, how could you do that job! I would have to read every card that comes out.
Anyway - you know like in bookstores they are not allowed to GIVEAWAY magazines, they must be destroyed, somehow it is the same in her line of work.
One time she was asked if she wanted some cards and now has a garage chock full of them!
Bar Mitzvah? No problem. House Warming? No Problem. Last day of school? No problem. She has a card for every ocassion.

Never miss an opportunity to say thank you.
One of the things I have been doing for a while is to be as specific as I can why I am saying thank you. It has had a profound impact on understanding why I am so grateful.
Thank you to all the forum members who have taught me about what we do?
Thank you to our guest this morning for raving about all the fruit loving prepared for her breakfast.
Thank you JBJ for giving me another chance to express gratitude publicly today.

This morning I sent a Thank You note to a wonderful young couple who stayed with us this weekend and spent HOURS playing with our very active golden retriever puppy! We should have paid them to stay with us!
Thank you for this forum and all the kindred spirits I have already met on this site.

I try to remember this...it's like the Golden Rule :) And, it's contagious, too!
I had a Thank You Note in a guest room today with $20. Woo hoo! haha!
I sent a thank you note a few weeks ago to a guest not once, but twice! I thought there was something wrong with the address the first time as it was returned as insuffient address. Now, I think they must not have put an apartment number on the address field online. The email thank you seemed to go through. Oh, well...

I try to remember this...it's like the Golden Rule :) And, it's contagious, too!
I sent a thank you note a few weeks ago to a guest not once, but twice! I thought there was something wrong with the address the first time as it was returned as insuffient address. Now, I think they must not have put an apartment number on the address field online. The email thank you seemed to go through. Oh, well....
Samster said:
I sent a thank you note a few weeks ago to a guest not once, but twice! I thought there was something wrong with the address the first time as it was returned as insuffient address. Now, I think they must not have put an apartment number on the address field online. The email thank you seemed to go through. Oh, well...
Excellent!

Not a day goes by that I don't thank the Powers that Be for being exactly where I'm supposed to be, for our inn, friends & family! I also send an email thank you to guests for their stay... if they don't have email, they get a hand written note. (I think a handwritten note to all would be the better practice)

Back