Have you sent yourself an email?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
Other than the spam that is rife, I get a fair amount of email from a variety of organizations that I like and want to promote their events. In my email box this is a sample of what their emails look like:
[tr][td]From [/td][td]Subject Line[/td][/tr][tr][td]Register[/td][td]Free tax help[/td][/tr][tr][td]Andy[/td][td]Event Schedule[/td][/tr][tr][td] Jennifer[/td][td] Voucher[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table] I emailed Andy and told him if he wanted a better open rate he should either take his name out of the from field and put in the organization's name OR, he should put WHAT organization the event schedule is for. He changed the subject line to include the name of the org.
I emailed Jennifer to no avail. Her emails still say exactly what's above. Now that 'voucher' means I have to pay her. You'd think she'd want that to not go into my spam folder.
Register I don't particularly care to hear from again so I'll just let that one go. Good org but not really local for me.
Have you looked at your email lately? Does it say 'Innkeeper' and nothing else? Is it headed for the spam folder? Probably. Be precise. Innkeeper at The Best Inn.
Subject line? 'Great deals for the weekend'? In the spam folder, especially if combined with just 'Innkeeper' in the from field.

I try to be careful with the subject of an e-mail because I know how fast my finger hits the delete button. Unless it is a friend or relative, I never just use Hi or hello. E-mails to guests include the inn name so they will not delete.

I try to be careful with the subject of an e-mail because I know how fast my finger hits the delete button. Unless it is a friend or relative, I never just use Hi or hello. E-mails to guests include the inn name so they will not delete..
Good to read throuh them quickly before pushing send, got one the other day starting out "Hell Deb" I am pretty sure they meant "Hello".

I have a rental property in another state, so we have a management company dealing with it. It turns out it's an awful managment company and we have lost almost $10,000 because they didn't screen a tenant carefully, not to mention absurd fees they charge. We've been with them 3 years and have decided to fire them since my brother who lives close by the house has retired and can manage it. We notified the company we were ending the contract and I received an e-mail from them which must have originated in their office and sent internally before going out to myself and my brother. Here is the subject line:
Fw: Canceling Mgt Contract -Owner who I don't like cancels us!.doc
Think they noticed? LOLOL This is definitely the type of thing that should never make it out of the e-mail box! Well, as soon as we get our keys and monies back from them you can bet that I'll be one of those that informs the public on the social media and review sites.

I have a rental property in another state, so we have a management company dealing with it. It turns out it's an awful managment company and we have lost almost $10,000 because they didn't screen a tenant carefully, not to mention absurd fees they charge. We've been with them 3 years and have decided to fire them since my brother who lives close by the house has retired and can manage it. We notified the company we were ending the contract and I received an e-mail from them which must have originated in their office and sent internally before going out to myself and my brother. Here is the subject line:
Fw: Canceling Mgt Contract -Owner who I don't like cancels us!.doc
Think they noticed? LOLOL This is definitely the type of thing that should never make it out of the e-mail box! Well, as soon as we get our keys and monies back from them you can bet that I'll be one of those that informs the public on the social media and review sites..
This is a big scandal in the UK at the moment as these letting agencies have been signing up anyone with an arm due to the economic climate and they have turned out to be a nightmare and have been a nightmare in other places as well so the landlords are sueing the management companies for loss of revenue etc. We are hoping it scares them all into behaving better but I am not holding my breath. I am lucky that I have a house I rent but it is in the same town as me so I can easily get along there if I need to and my handyman is one of my tennants as well as my chamber maid and her neice who are all friends with each other and we have known for years. So any work that needs doing he will do for me pretty much at cost and they are all over 35 and not party people. If I didn't have such good tennants I would seriously consider selling simply becuase of the hassel factor I have had with previous tennants.

Back