Have your summer 2009 reservations started to come in?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a big block of bookings for our theater festival in July, which we generally re-confirm around the end of January, but some of those guests have already contacted us to confirm. I have some reservations for popular events out into December 2009, even with rate increases scheduled for April.

We have a big block of bookings for our theater festival in July, which we generally re-confirm around the end of January, but some of those guests have already contacted us to confirm. I have some reservations for popular events out into December 2009, even with rate increases scheduled for April..
Yay!! Good deal!

got 3! earlier this afternoon..after reading this topic, actually! one for july (honeymooners),1 for june (birthday/anniversary) & 1 for may (anniversary)

Wow we just got a reservation for a wine tour for Sunday, Sept 27, 2009!
RIki

There are a couple issues at play - so we can bide our time and be hopeful in this New Year:
We just had a major election - turmoil always follows. Once we have our new President in office people will start to feel more secure and go about business as usual. For that reason, I know reservations will begin trickling in AFTER that event.
The economy - once that simmers down a bit, I believe people will again go on short term trips, visit relatives, think about their retirement, etc again. I think everyone is holding their breath right now, understandably. Not necessarily an improvement in the economic flop we are in, but just stabilizing a bit.
People are still celebrating anniversaries, they will seek out B&B's... Let's market our places well to snag those guests. Any suggestions - please toss em out here.
teeth_smile.gif

in the area where i was in maine, reservations have started to come in (not to the place i ran yet) the little hotel and the biggest inn in the nearby village have started booking. remember, this is a 'summer seasonal' area basically memorial day to columbus day. i always tried to stretch the season to include may and october. places to stay are limited so folks know to book early.
last may and june were very very slow in the area ... the rest of the summer was so busy it made up for the slow two first months.

There are a couple issues at play - so we can bide our time and be hopeful in this New Year:
We just had a major election - turmoil always follows. Once we have our new President in office people will start to feel more secure and go about business as usual. For that reason, I know reservations will begin trickling in AFTER that event.
The economy - once that simmers down a bit, I believe people will again go on short term trips, visit relatives, think about their retirement, etc again. I think everyone is holding their breath right now, understandably. Not necessarily an improvement in the economic flop we are in, but just stabilizing a bit.
People are still celebrating anniversaries, they will seek out B&B's... Let's market our places well to snag those guests. Any suggestions - please toss em out here.
teeth_smile.gif
I agree completely! Market to the events/venues that make it the reason to visit your area. One of the things that I'm doing this week while doing projects is some brainstorming about specials & packages (mentioned in the other thread). I just found out that it's not likely that this large museum here will open on time. I need to stay on top of that one to have a special promoting the opening, and luckily I have an inside information track on it.
regular_smile.gif
There has been nothing in the paper yet...actually the paper just this week published a prior projected opening date which is NOT correct now.
Meanwhile, I have referred away several rooms for this week but that's OK...I have maintenance projects happening! Since I'm the maintenance crew, it is what it is
teeth_smile.gif
I can't do everything....

hey oceans! (love that name)
i have some 'irons in the fire' so to speak. i will let you know..
There is a B & B near where I live and they want an innkeeper two days a week. I think the innkeeper will get housing too but they want a couple to do it. Could be two sisters, two friends or whatever.

My reservation book is making a liar out of me. I said they are not making reservations far in advance - have all 3 rooms booked for 2 nights in late July, 4- nights mid July, a package in June and today got a package (turned it from room to package) for March (anniversary referred by a previous repeat guest).
He said Frank tells him what a great place we are every time it comes up and when I told him about my fresh-raosted coffee that I did not have when Frank was here, he laughed and said he will now have something to rub Frank's nose in.
Coming in slow, but more than usual and sooner than usual.

My reservation book is making a liar out of me. I said they are not making reservations far in advance - have all 3 rooms booked for 2 nights in late July, 4- nights mid July, a package in June and today got a package (turned it from room to package) for March (anniversary referred by a previous repeat guest).
He said Frank tells him what a great place we are every time it comes up and when I told him about my fresh-raosted coffee that I did not have when Frank was here, he laughed and said he will now have something to rub Frank's nose in.
Coming in slow, but more than usual and sooner than usual..
I just had a cancellation from a longtime guest who would have gotten a free night this year. I think it's going to be one of those years. Their reason for being here, to visit a kid, is unnecessary as the kid is not going to be here. Which I think is indicative of the economy, they may not be able to afford to send the kid here for camp. I hope all my campers aren't in the same fix. We've already lost 3 rooms of the 5 I usually have for that weekend.

Bitter cold temps have people thinking about coming south....
We have been experiencing a slow booking period with reservations only being made within 2 weeks of arrival. Today is a different story...I have had several bookings from the Northeast for this spring.
teeth_smile.gif
This seems to happen every winter especially during bitter snaps.

Bitter cold temps have people thinking about coming south....
We have been experiencing a slow booking period with reservations only being made within 2 weeks of arrival. Today is a different story...I have had several bookings from the Northeast for this spring.
teeth_smile.gif
This seems to happen every winter especially during bitter snaps..
It works in reverse as well...when you all start hitting 80-90 in March & April, I get calls!

for the past 5 days, we have gotten 1 reservation each day. a couple of inquiries have been thrown in there too. this time last year we were not getting this many scheduling so far ahead for july & august. lat year this time our reservations were 1 -2 weeks out. i hate to say that i'm on a roll for fear of jinxing myself! ooops, guess i just said it! oh, well...

I came home a beautiful 4 night reservation! I was thrilled! I opened the next email and it said they had changed their plans and please cancel. It was within 2 minutes of the booking. RATS!

I came home a beautiful 4 night reservation! I was thrilled! I opened the next email and it said they had changed their plans and please cancel. It was within 2 minutes of the booking. RATS!.
I had one for a week once wife of golfer made rez - pro-golf event here. Had a shared bath available with room to himself. HE called the next day to cancel - he did not want a shared bath and had found another golfer to room eith. Guess what fella - you are not only sharing a room but also sharing a bath!! It was all I could do to keep from laughing on the phone. I just hoped the guy he was sharing with was a heavy-duty snoring machine! I admit to being evil.

The christian louboutin shoes cheap are classy and well produced and every thing that should seem on shoes. Purchasing and wearing the Christian Louboutin Black Pumps, you and your feet are to be respected by the ladies.Have you ever heard about Christian Louboutin sale? This can be 1 with the wonderful locations on the net that commits to sell significant brand shoes in a significantly discounted rate. Girls who're dreaming to wear branded shoes or sandals due to the fact years can locate themselves lucky together with the 2010 collection of their web-site. It can be manufacturing trendy and designer footwear in a really reasonable rate to satisfy the spending budget capacity of well-known individuals. Females can purchase their preferred style footwear from Louboutin with no paying high amount of bucks.
Louboutin sample sale 2010 includes countless other brands that are in your shopping list given that years. It really is famous for its branded shoes section that has original excellent shoes titled below branded shoes & sandals section. These shoes carry the same style and looks like original brand footwear. Thus, finding your favorite shoes and sandals with them is easy and simple. Their on line store offers amazing sale discount offers that satisfy the spending budget capacity of middle class people today. Shopping with this particular brand really becomes an enjoyable and cheerful experience.
Christian Louboutin sale is applicable to boots, shoe pumps on sale shoe pumps on sale sandals cheap christian louboutin evening shoes , pumps, christian louboutin galaxy christian louboutin galaxy wedges cheap christian shoes , evening cheap louboutin boots cheap louboutin boots cheap shoe pumps , cheap louboutins shoes pumps, slip soles cheap peep toe ankle boots cheap peep toe ankle boots, sling backs and several more. Shoes from Christian and other popular brands are available in the same excellent and design at Christian L on the internet store. 1 can buy designer, trendy and stylish shoes from 80.00$ onwards with this brand.
Trusting internet sites is as safe as local store. In fact on-line sites have more and amazing offers to give you rather than local shops. The local stores also purchase from on the web stores in wholesale rate and sell the same in retail tags updating the price or quantity. Practically speaking, it really is 1 of the best shoe brands available online. They have free shipping service worldwide along with their multiple items purchase offer. Christian Louboutin sample sale consists of different benefits and services for the popular and working class persons.
There is nothing wrong in trusting an on the internet internet site or company for updating your style mantra. Louboutin shoes reflect the latest style and trend that makes anyone feel special about you. Once you are addicted to their style, cheap wide leg boots cheap christian louboutin uk you will forget all other brands for sure!
high heel shoes

Every Woman great a couple of louboutin for cheap Red Sole Shoes, they are able to make you much more beauty and confident.The well-known red soles that happen to be instantly recognizable should function in every woman??s dreams as a minimum as soon as in her lifetime!In case you are a fashionable and stylish woman, red bottom shoes red bottom shoes cheap red pumps cheap red pumps you should have heard of Christian Louboutin shoes. In fact this brand has turn out to be the leading option when ladies preparing to pick out a pair of shoes for rather a long time. Despite the fact that the price of these shoes is really a little high priced, a pair of such shoes may be worn for a long time and make you look fashionable and stylish.
There are actually a lot of various kinds of shoes are available out there. To stand out in so many competitors, this brand of shoes has countless advantages. The beauty and comfort are two major benefits. Besides, as many celebrities are fond of this brand, Christian Louboutin shoes even grow to be the indicator of the fashion trend. When many people think of this brand, the very first thing they consider is fantasy and glamour.
This kind of shoes is appropriate for several different occasions. Regardless of you are attending a formal party or going out for a dating, a pair of this brand shoes can make you come to be eye-catching. There are plenty of styles and regardless of what your private taste is cheap christian louboutin pumps cheap christian louboutin pumps, you may discover your preferred.
Females like these shoes, but only several of them can afford a pair. But do not worry. You could select to shop on the internet. There are many internet shoes shops can present discount items together with the exact same top quality. You'll be able to be entirely satisfied.
As this brand is specifically developed for women who deserve fashion, cheap black wedge boots every detail of these shoes is excellent. From the material to the decorations, from the heel towards the sole buy christian louboutin shoes cheap , each detail is particular enough to ensure that you'd really feel great once you wear them. What's much more, this type of shoes can be matched with clothing well. You may choose it to match your dresses freely and need to have not to be concerned about whether it would look well or not.
As the saying goes, cheap red peep toe pumps every single woman will need to have a good pair of shoes. And if you're choosing your shoes cheap christian louboutin boots buy christian louboutin shoes cheap buy christian louboutin shoes cheap cheap wide leg boots cheap over the knee boots for women , why not choose Christian Louboutin shoes?
thigh high boots

Back