have1 availability

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabenowak

Reaction score
We just launched a great online availability / reservation system which we developed with the help of different bed and breakfast establishments. Pricing is very affordable. We designed this system to be very easy to use for both your potential guests and also you, the establishment owner to manage and keep current. For more information please visit: www.have1.com/index.php
admin note: I cleaved this off the Rezovation resource as this comment had nothing to do with Rezovation. -swirt

oh my ... what a busy site! i found it hard to look at to even evaluate. sorry.

I just made a reservation for 8 and a dog in the demo. It didn't verify the phony credit card. Didn't ask me to agree to any policies. Didn't show me the rooms. Seems like it is set up for showing only yes or no availability and not for showing individual rooms.
For being similarly priced to webervations, I'm afraid you have a long way to go to come close to the functionality.

thanks for your comments - this is our first attempt - we are working on adding some more functions - you can select each room via the drop-down menu as per the online demo:
https://secure.have1.com/book/b/calendar.php?user=7&cid=11- all your rooms would appear in this menu - we have a bunch of b&b and cottage rental companies using the system after they were used to other systems like webervations and love our system as it is very easy to use and administer - i do appreciate all your comments and are devoting a lot of attention to incorporating different ideas into this system including a simple newsletter manager allowing b&b owners to easily email past guests etc. - your feedback and comments are very welcome to help us expand the system. I personally found webervations confusing to use - yes, we are a lot simpler via having a link from a b&b's room page directly to the calendar for that specific room allowing site visitors to quickly scan what days are still available and easily book without having to fill out a lot of detailed forms and terms etc.

thanks for your comments - this is our first attempt - we are working on adding some more functions - you can select each room via the drop-down menu as per the online demo:
https://secure.have1.com/book/b/calendar.php?user=7&cid=11- all your rooms would appear in this menu - we have a bunch of b&b and cottage rental companies using the system after they were used to other systems like webervations and love our system as it is very easy to use and administer - i do appreciate all your comments and are devoting a lot of attention to incorporating different ideas into this system including a simple newsletter manager allowing b&b owners to easily email past guests etc. - your feedback and comments are very welcome to help us expand the system. I personally found webervations confusing to use - yes, we are a lot simpler via having a link from a b&b's room page directly to the calendar for that specific room allowing site visitors to quickly scan what days are still available and easily book without having to fill out a lot of detailed forms and terms etc..
gabenowak said:
https://secure.have1.com/book/b/calendar.php?user=7&cid=11
- all your rooms would appear in this menu - we have a bunch of b&b and cottage rental companies using the system after they were used to other systems like webervations and love our system as it is very easy to use and administer - i do appreciate all your comments and are devoting a lot of attention to incorporating different ideas into this system including a simple newsletter manager allowing b&b owners to easily email past guests etc. - your feedback and comments are very welcome to help us expand the system. I personally found webervations confusing to use - yes, we are a lot simpler via having a link from a b&b's room page directly to the calendar for that specific room allowing site visitors to quickly scan what days are still available and easily book without having to fill out a lot of detailed forms and terms etc.
Could you post a link to an actual b&b or cottage rental company that is using your new system? I tried to find one but couldn't. We take the Webervations product very seriously, and when we hear that customers are potentially leaving us for other systems, or that they found Webervations confusing, I certainly like to follow-up and see how their new sites look.
Thanks,
JB

https://secure.have1.com/book/b/calendar.php?user=7&cid=11- all your rooms would appear in this menu - we have a bunch of b&b and cottage rental companies using the system after they were used to other systems like webervations and love our system as it is very easy to use and administer - i do appreciate all your comments and are devoting a lot of attention to incorporating different ideas into this system including a simple newsletter manager allowing b&b owners to easily email past guests etc. - your feedback and comments are very welcome to help us expand the system. I personally found webervations confusing to use - yes, we are a lot simpler via having a link from a b&b's room page directly to the calendar for that specific room allowing site visitors to quickly scan what days are still available and easily book without having to fill out a lot of detailed forms and terms etc..
gabenowak said:
- all your rooms would appear in this menu - we have a bunch of b&b and cottage rental companies using the system after they were used to other systems like webervations and love our system as it is very easy to use and administer - i do appreciate all your comments and are devoting a lot of attention to incorporating different ideas into this system including a simple newsletter manager allowing b&b owners to easily email past guests etc. - your feedback and comments are very welcome to help us expand the system. I personally found webervations confusing to use - yes, we are a lot simpler via having a link from a b&b's room page directly to the calendar for that specific room allowing site visitors to quickly scan what days are still available and easily book without having to fill out a lot of detailed forms and terms etc.
Could you post a link to an actual b&b or cottage rental company that is using your new system? I tried to find one but couldn't. We take the Webervations product very seriously, and when we hear that customers are potentially leaving us for other systems, or that they found Webervations confusing, I certainly like to follow-up and see how their new sites look.
Thanks,
JB
Hi John
thanks for your feedback post - I personally found the webervations confusing - after doing a lot of research on all the systems out there a lot of them you had to click at least 4 to 6 times to see a specific date's availability - our system is totally opposite to your system as we've geared it towards the people that want a very simple availability / booking system.

gabenowak said:
Thanks,
JB
Hi John
thanks for your feedback post - I personally found the webervations confusing - after doing a lot of research on all the systems out there a lot of them you had to click at least 4 to 6 times to see a specific date's availability - our system is totally opposite to your system as we've geared it towards the people that want a very simple availability / booking system.
gabenowak said:
Hi John
Ah - gotcha. I personally like the ability to see availability for all rooms on the same page myself, so I don't have to click on multiple links to see overall availability, but I guess that is a matter of opinion. I also like to see room photos, descriptions, etc.
Can you post that link to one of the bunch of b&b's or cottages that are using it? Would still like to see how these folks have integrated it.

gabenowak said:
Thanks,
JB
Hi John
gabenowak said:
Hi John
Ah - gotcha. I personally like the ability to see availability for all rooms on the same page myself, so I don't have to click on multiple links to see overall availability, but I guess that is a matter of opinion. I also like to see room photos, descriptions, etc.
Can you post that link to one of the bunch of b&b's or cottages that are using it? Would still like to see how these folks have integrated it.
We have integrated the system into different B&B's - here is our first customer which was also one of the b&b owners involved in us creating this tool - http://www.hollycottage.ca - they already had their room photos on their website and were using a very simple system before switching to our system – their old system basically showed just 20 days at a time for all the rooms and was very hard to navigate/switch years / months etc. - however the simplicity of that system is what people loved and were used to for the past 6+ years – therefore we tried to accommodate all of the features plus add new features into our system… again keeping in mind ease of use for both the site’s visitor and the establishment’s owner.

gabenowak said:
Thanks,
JB
Hi John
the systems out there a lot of them you had to click at least 4 to 6 times to see a specific date's availability
I had to click 4 times on yours to see what was available for the three rooms. If the property had 5 rooms I'd have to click 6 times. If I were looking for a date in October (6 months ahead) I'd have to click 7 times for 3 rooms.
Sorry but I don't think this system is as simple as you think it is.
Is there a demo of the innkeeper side of things?

gabenowak said:
Thanks,
JB
Hi John
gabenowak said:
Hi John
We have integrated the system into different B&B's - here is our first customer which was also one of the b&b owners involved in us creating this tool - http://www.hollycottage.ca - they already had their room photos on their website and were using a very simple system before switching to our system – their old system basically showed just 20 days at a time for all the rooms and was very hard to navigate/switch years / months etc. - however the simplicity of that system is what people loved and were used to for the past 6+ years – therefore we tried to accommodate all of the features plus add new features into our system… again keeping in mind ease of use for both the site’s visitor and the establishment’s owner.
gabenowak said:
I know this is going to sound snarky, but I don't mean it to. I think having an innkeeper that is content with a 4-page website and spent 6 years with a 20 day availability system, help you design an availability system was bad choice.

Back