Having a Ball!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine

Reaction score
ok you all know I'm an optimist!!
Yes, I do want to celebrate our 5 year anniversary! We are the first one in town to make it to 5 years and still be the same owners and still be open!
So... I'm going to throw a Grand Victorian Ball! My hubbie is even willing to take ball room dance lessons (he has always refused to do any kind of dancing... didn't know how).
I'm planning a full, Victorian dressed ball, ball gowns, tails, gloves, the whole nine yards! An orchestra, and even horse and carriage to transport people too!! Even getting an announcer to greet and announce each persons arrival!
After we discussed it, we are thinking we will invite the 'tourism' office to get involved so we can make it bigger, and have a larger facility to do it in. I already have half of it planned out! Getting together with tourism thursday to talk about it. They will help with the advertising too.
I am very excited!

Oh, Boy! That sounds like fun! I've always wanted to dress up on Halloween in a Victorian Ball Gown. Can't wait to see pics!

And well you should! How exciting! Have you thought of turning it into a fundraiser for a local charity as you celebrate?
Another thought - could you arrange ballroom dancing lessons at you inn?

And well you should! How exciting! Have you thought of turning it into a fundraiser for a local charity as you celebrate?
Another thought - could you arrange ballroom dancing lessons at you inn?.
If you are going to go to all that....I think doing it as a fundraiser would even be a better idea. Good one Kathleen.

Another thought - could you arrange ballroom dancing lessons at you inn?.
gillumhouse said:
Another thought - could you arrange ballroom dancing lessons at you inn?
We were thinking of doing it as a fundraiser (perhaps for the Historic preservation group here in town)....
But I hadn't thought of offering ballroom dancing lessons here! LOVE that idea too. We def could do that!!!

even if you say 'a portion of the proceeds will go to a charity' you can get some great double exposure.
great

that is an awsome idea-how fun and a fundraiser will make it toasty for people to come. Good luck!

even if you say 'a portion of the proceeds will go to a charity' you can get some great double exposure.
great.
seashanty said:
great
yes, that is what I did for the Sugar Plum Tea and it was sold out!

You are crazy but it seems to be working for you! Go for it!.
Madeleine said:
You are crazy but it seems to be working for you! Go for it!
regular_smile.gif
LOL!!! I needed that laugh!!!
Actually I love doing this type of thing! It energizes me!

You are crazy but it seems to be working for you! Go for it!.
Madeleine said:
You are crazy but it seems to be working for you! Go for it!
regular_smile.gif
LOL!!! I needed that laugh!!!
Actually I love doing this type of thing! It energizes me!
Ditto what Maddie says. I envy your energy and enthusiasm. I passed year 5 in November the special thing I did was to post it on FB!

Back