Heart Shaped Cake

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
This isn't actually a recipe but I thought I'd share since I'm making one right now.
I don't have a heart shaped cake pan, so I'm using 'mom's method' of baking an 8 inch round cake and an 8 inch square cake.
After the cake is cooled, you cut the round cake in half. I use a foil lined cookie sheet as my serving plate. Or you can dust around the cake on a cookie sheet with confectioner's sugar.
Turn the square cake so it looks like a diamond. One half of the round cake goes on either side of the 'diamond'. Frost and decorate as you choose. You can 'cement' the rounds to the square with a little frosting if you want, but it's not necessary. I'm doing chocolate cake, frosted with pink icing. My camera is broken, but I found this picture online.
val-cake.GIF

heart.gif
~ seashanty

I've done that before....simple and sweet! How did yours turn out? (Better late than never on the reply...tee hee)

i should probably have mentioned that you flip the rounded side of the cakes over so that you frost the flat sides. it's easier to make it look more uniform that way. and you try to fill the pans to the same level so that they are even. but it's homemade FUN.

Back