Heat Wave in June

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy Thayer

Reaction score
My new novel Heat Wave, set on Nantucket Island, is about a young widow who turns her historic old house into a B&B. I had so much fun writing it and hope I captured some of the pleasure innkeepers take in their guests. More on the novel and some giveaways soon.

Hello Nancy,
Is this a real book? If so give us some links - website and more info.
teeth_smile.gif

Very cool! Thanks! If you have a snail mail address, I'll have my publisher send you a copy of the book. Your website, interactiveinns, is gorgeous. As I say on my "About Me" page, I'd love to run a B&B and sometimes in the summer, I feel like I am!

CHEERS!
Thanks for the link. We have a blog from this forum called http://innteractiveinns.blogspot.com/ we would like to review your book and maybe interview you there when it is published?
I will pop it on there today as a preview! HERE IT IS RIGHT NOW
Thanks for thinking of us here! We love books that have B&B's somewhere in the story line! Looks like a good un for sure! Congrats!
cheers.gif

I'll want to add a link from that blog and this site to my website. But I'll work on that tomorrow. I do technical things slowly, with my morning coffee!

Not sure why but I couldn't get the site to load as www only without the www. I use firefox.
BTW nice to meet you. :)

Not sure why but I couldn't get the site to load as www only without the www. I use firefox.
BTW nice to meet you. :).
Nice to meet you! As a writer, I love the name of your inn! When my husband and I got married 26 years ago, we spent our honeymoon going to 6 different inns in Maine and Massachusetts. It was dreamy. Did you get to my site? Try googling Nancy Thayer and clicking the first entry.

Hey, Folks. Do we really want a link to THIS SITE?????? To the blog sure, but I know I do not feel comfortable about links to here except as e-mails to other innkeepers.

Hey, Folks. Do we really want a link to THIS SITE?????? To the blog sure, but I know I do not feel comfortable about links to here except as e-mails to other innkeepers..
gillumhouse said:
Hey, Folks. Do we really want a link to THIS SITE?????? To the blog sure, but I know I do not feel comfortable about links to here except as e-mails to other innkeepers.
No. I don't think we do. I know I'm bothered when I see this forum show up on Facebook linked from someone's page. Linking to the blog is one thing, this is where we let our hair down and put our feet up. (Really, I've got a laptop, my feet are up!)
No, it's not super secret but it is also not for 'everyone'.

I'll want to add a link from that blog and this site to my website. But I'll work on that tomorrow. I do technical things slowly, with my morning coffee!.
Nancy Thayer, we welcome you BUT PLEASE do NOT publish a link to this Forum anywhere. This is not a place we want the casual person drifting into. It is where we "live and breathe and take a breath" - meaning it is the owner's quarters not the B & B.

I'll want to add a link from that blog and this site to my website. But I'll work on that tomorrow. I do technical things slowly, with my morning coffee!.
Nancy Thayer, we welcome you BUT PLEASE do NOT publish a link to this Forum anywhere. This is not a place we want the casual person drifting into. It is where we "live and breathe and take a breath" - meaning it is the owner's quarters not the B & B.
What? Sorry, but all anyone has to do is GOOGLE something about innkeeping and it brings them right here! This is an open forum not private.

Oops! I didn't mean to upset anyone. I won't put a link to this site on my website, don't worry.

What? Sorry, but all anyone has to do is GOOGLE something about innkeeping and it brings them right here! This is an open forum not private.
catlady said:
Right, but you have to be looking for that, not buying a book about a fictitious innkeeper.

Sorry, CL, but I do not want to see this posted as a link in front of GOD and everybody. Yes, it is an "open" Forum but it is not hanging out there with a come hither sign. I appreciate that Nancy said she will not link to the Forum. I have been in a crummy "training" session for my City for the last 2 days and that is why I am late responding. Many are anon because anyone CAN come here, but it is most likely only an innkeeper or an aspiring will actually find us. We go to a lot of effort try keep from being found on the average Go og le search. It is the owner's quarters for us.

Back