Helllo from JB at an innmates place...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Innkeep

Reaction score
I guess you can see where I am... this is JB on a minilaptop and the log in was already here... also Samster is here.
We had a super breakfast...where else can you go where your friends fix ya breakfast after sleeping in their beds? hee hee
We might meet up w a couple others this week for lunch, so if you are near <HERE> then expect a call later on.
This is a lot of fun, have never been to this state before. Love it!
INNMATES ROCK!! JB

May I do a shout out to Sandynn and Domsmom... if you check in here we will try to give you a call later on.
Mort muh easier trip than my last fly inn to visit an innmate in Ga when the tornado went thru atl and i was stranded at the airport and arrive at 330am with no luggage 10 hrs later.
this is a lovely B&B just as I pictured it. every little touch in place, it is verynice and i can imagine many happy guests staying here.
off to church w innkeep and exploration latr on. cya all on the upswing... happy afer the fall y'all.

May I do a shout out to Sandynn and Domsmom... if you check in here we will try to give you a call later on.
Mort muh easier trip than my last fly inn to visit an innmate in Ga when the tornado went thru atl and i was stranded at the airport and arrive at 330am with no luggage 10 hrs later.
this is a lovely B&B just as I pictured it. every little touch in place, it is verynice and i can imagine many happy guests staying here.
off to church w innkeep and exploration latr on. cya all on the upswing... happy afer the fall y'all..
I was wondering if there was any 'adventure' to this trip compared to the last we did together. Glad it was uneventful. Hope you all have a great time together!

Hi to my inn-mates on the forum!! I've never been to this area of the country either except to fly through it. Innkeep has not forgotten any detail in the guest rooms. They are all beautiful. We had a definite "skip lunch" yummy breakfast. One of the items on the menu in honor of Southerners visiting was a mixture of sweet potatoes and white potatoes. And fresh pears from a cousin's tree in the parfait. Fantastic!
tounge_smile.gif

I had a quick one hour flight here (I had no idea that it would be that short) and since I don't check bags, there was no problem. Luckily, no mishaps with checked bags for JB this time either.
It is wonderful to visit other inn-mates and see their area of the country! I highly recommend it!
regular_smile.gif

and...
hada local/regional fave "pork loin sandwich" and it was really yummy. amongst other great food.
Muirford there is a do-not place not far which might be similar to you mennonite bakery.
chef.gif

JB - - I can't beleive had to come ot the midwest to get the BEST DANG RIBS EVER! Shameful for those pork loving southerners...for shame.
But Innkeep said this was Pork Country here...I have already requested wego back so i can have them again...they were the best babyback ribs I have ever had.
again, what fun to get together. seeing Innkeepsplace in person is joyful! It really is a treat. :)
Ps She caught me in here, i better get out...fast. Don't want a mad innkeeper on our hands. BYE YALL!

still here...but got a new password for my real fake login. LOL
had another super breakfast. When I stay at a B&B and thinkabout the guests we all have who are just ungrateful, i just don't get it. Having someone else make me coffee? This is awesome. It really just proves that those needy guests out there who are so demanding, will never be satisfied.
everything i see here and experience is a joy to me.
we have had so much fun...yesterday spent the day out and did a ton of cool stuff.
i really like the people in this part of the midwest, they are real. (I say this part as I have neer been to any other, but so far so good!)
This has been a really neat visit. We have som awesome innmates y'all...it is way worth it to spend sometime together off forum, in the flesh...where we all can be "real"

We have visited lots of great "sight seeing" places here and a beautiful farm on the prairie.
I'm so very grateful to be able to visit another innkeeper and see how fantastic their part of the country is and how they extend hospitality to others.
If you get a chance to visit an inn-mate, please don't pass it up...I think that you'll be glad that you did! :)

We have visited lots of great "sight seeing" places here and a beautiful farm on the prairie.
I'm so very grateful to be able to visit another innkeeper and see how fantastic their part of the country is and how they extend hospitality to others.
If you get a chance to visit an inn-mate, please don't pass it up...I think that you'll be glad that you did! :).
Glad you are having a great time...are our ears burning?
wink_smile.gif

If you get a chance to visit an inn-mate, please don't pass it up...I think that you'll be glad that you did! :).
wink_smile.gif

catlady said:
wink_smile.gif
That's what that sensation is!

What a great treat I had today. To meet Samster, JB and innkeep all in the same visit! I look forward to seeing you all again. Wish we had more time!
Safe travels home.

Today was a fantastic voyage for me. Innkeep and Samster and I were aleto visit Sandynn and then Domsmom. All this in one day, it was so much fun, great to meet these other innmates in the flesh.
Samster is on the big bird heading home and I shall be tomorrow...
I really do think you all have something special here in this Midwest. I know people are people, but the entire time I have been here there has not been even one person anywhere who was not friendly and polite. It has been a great experience.
Thanks to all for opening their homes to us today, it was a real treat. God bless, JB

Today was a fantastic voyage for me. Innkeep and Samster and I were aleto visit Sandynn and then Domsmom. All this in one day, it was so much fun, great to meet these other innmates in the flesh.
I really do think you all have something special here in this Midwest. I know people are people, but the entire time I have been here there has not been even one person anywhere who was not friendly and polite. It has been a great experience.
Thanks to all for opening their homes to us today, it was a real treat. God bless, JB.
I am still doing the happy dance that I got to meet and have lunch with three innkeepers who are awesome. What a fun visit we had. It was so fun to put a face with a name for the two I hadn't met before. Thanks for the good time.

Thanks to all for opening their homes to us today, it was a real treat. God bless, JB.
Joey Bloggs said:
I really do think you all have something special here in this Midwest.
I totally agree. I love living in the Midwest. I've lived many other places...this region fits me the best.

I made it home in one piece, arrived about 10pm and had two rooms from CAL to serve this morning, so the conversation was heavy on the midwest - since i was just there. :) Bills, laundry and cleaning...

I made it home in one piece, arrived about 10pm and had two rooms from CAL to serve this morning, so the conversation was heavy on the midwest - since i was just there. :) Bills, laundry and cleaning....
I do hate having guests in the house the day I arrive home from vacation.

I made it home in one piece, arrived about 10pm and had two rooms from CAL to serve this morning, so the conversation was heavy on the midwest - since i was just there. :) Bills, laundry and cleaning....
Alibi Ike said:
They are very nice, other than one rocking back on the dining chair on two legs - and I pulled it out as one leg seemed wobbly before I left, and DH was going to repair it, I called him and I said "You repaired it right? You didn't just put it back at the table, or if you did, you put it at the other end?"
No, he put it back at the end I use for one or two guests. It's in the kitchen as I type this.
Boy this house sure looks dusty after seeing some really neat "model" inns this week. I have been cleaning all morning, dark wood...oh how I loathe thee!

Back