Hello from the Higgins House

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome!
cheers.gif
now from Arkansas! Had a B & B in WV! You're only as old as ya wanna be!
Thats my motto

Welcome! Gosh...more power to you and best wishes. After 6 years of innkeeping my back gave out and we retired and I am only 61
embaressed_smile.gif
catlady said:
Welcome! Gosh...more power to you and best wishes. After 6 years of innkeeping my back gave out and we retired and I am only 61
embaressed_smile.gif
You're just a spring chicken.
I cannot imagine doing this work past 65, bless all of you who labor on...
cheers.gif

As my neck is still messed up and I have been a waste of space for days (yes, getting it together have a new dr appt, argued with the chiro who said it is simply a relapse - an easy word for them to use)... I thought to myself today, you know I would LIKE to give more time to the guests, but currently I cannot, there is no debate about it, just simply cannot. I don't know how older innkeepers do it, they must have a heckuvalot more energy than I do!!
I don't know how older innkeepers do it, they must have a heckuvalot more energy than I do!!
Not more energy. DH made the mistake of suggesting I was getting too old to do this! Them thar is fightin' words of the I'll show HIM who is too old! (even if it kills me and my knees!)

Hello! You soound like my mum and dad they tried being retired for a bit and it didn't take so they bought an 8 bedroom B&B and we have spent the last 5 years doing it up and expanding to 12 rooms (we must be mad!) They are now 75 and still enjoy it I am not a believer in this oh well I am retired Im going to turn into a vegetable rubbish. You seem to have an excellent attitude and I wish you all the best.

Back