Hello from Wales!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirstybu

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm Kirsty and I own a guest house in Wales, UK. It's only small, just 4 rooms, it's an old vicarage, built in 1875 and has about 4 acres of forest. I moved in in June last year having never run a b&b before (worked in IT previously), I'm just looking for a community and interested to see how other people run their businesses across the globe!

Welcome. Are you in North Wales or South Wales? I have a friend in North Wales, near Llanewst, who has a REAL B & B (I have been there and she has been here). She has 3 rooms. Welcome to Innspiring from West Virginia.

Welcome. Are you in North Wales or South Wales? I have a friend in North Wales, near Llanewst, who has a REAL B & B (I have been there and she has been here). She has 3 rooms. Welcome to Innspiring from West Virginia.

ah I know Llanewst, what a beautiful place, she is in North Snowdonia and I'm in South Snowdonia, a small village called Corris. Only one hour between us in the car!

ah I know Llanewst, what a beautiful place, she is in North Snowdonia and I'm in South Snowdonia, a small village called Corris. Only one hour between us in the car!

Firs Cottage - Mary Marrow. And I cannot type - it is Llanrwst

Wales is on my bucket list of places to visit. I've been to Scotland several times l, but never made it to Wales.

Welcome to the site. Great people here.

Hi everyone, I'm Kirsty and I own a guest house in Wales, UK. It's only small, just 4 rooms, it's an old vicarage, built in 1875 and has about 4 acres of forest. I moved in in June last year having never run a b&b before (worked in IT previously), I'm just looking for a community and interested to see how other people run their businesses across the globe!
Welcome. The house on your avatar looks really nice, is that the one?

Hey thank you yes that’s our home and business :) the website is oldvicarage.wales if you want to see more pics
Just visited the website. Your place is simply breathtaking. Beautiful landscapes, nature, elegance, and a lot more. And best reviews too?

Just visited the website. Your place is simply breathtaking. Beautiful landscapes, nature, elegance, and a lot more. And best reviews too?
Aw thank you, I’m glad you like it! May be one day if you’re coming to Wales you could come see the house in person :) we always have the kettle on and some fresh cake

Aw thank you, I’m glad you like it! May be one day if you’re coming to Wales you could come see the house in person :) we always have the kettle on and some fresh cake
Hopefully one day. Thanks.

Welcome. Nice website. But you may want to have your best rates on your website instead of "call". Since some of us... won't call. One is that we pay for International calls, and of course, the hours are different. but also it's a lot less work to take a reservation online than on the phone... plus you have proof that they agreed to your terms if your booking engine has it part of the process, which protects you from a chargeback.

Welcome! Wales is beautiful, very green, lots of sheep.
Agree, the Call for Best Rates seems to be a possible negative. I inferred that I would get better rates if I called rather than booked online. Maybe true, but that may prevent people from booking direct when they can't reach you and may never get around to booking.
I do get callers who hope that I'll give them a personal discount (very rarely) and I'm happier if they book online -- 3/4 of reservations are made online.

Back