Hello Hard Workers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I bought this place we had the first gas hike a few months later, which continued for several months (mid 2005). In addition, people said where the heck is your business going to come from in this small town.
Despite this, my business continues to grow ..
I don't think there is ever a "right time", I think you just have to make the best decision you can at the time you make the decision, and go with that. If it in fact turns out to be the "wrong" decision, you just have to remind yourself that "at the time" when you made the decision, you made the best one at the time, then there can be no regrets. Yes I work 3 jobs (all from home) - and much to the chagrin of some others in this forum .... but it allows me to keep the Inn, pay the bills and most of all - stay out of
potty-mouth.gif
corporate work!!

When I bought this place we had the first gas hike a few months later, which continued for several months (mid 2005). In addition, people said where the heck is your business going to come from in this small town.
I don't think there is ever a "right time", I think you just have to make the best decision you can at the time you make the decision, and go with that. If it in fact turns out to be the "wrong" decision, you just have to remind yourself that "at the time" when you made the decision, you made the best one at the time, then there can be no regrets. Yes I work 3 jobs (all from home) - and much to the chagrin of some others in this forum .... but it allows me to keep the Inn, pay the bills and most of all - stay out of
potty-mouth.gif
corporate work!!.
I agree with you about finding the right "time" : You could find at any time reasons to not start a business. The most important is to be animated by passion, get all possible information (to be prepared where you are going or imagine other alternatives if it is not going right) and to believe in your project, be prepare to rework your initial plan if required
Even in crisis, people continue to travel, we should work harder to get more visible (participating to this forum is a good one, look for travelers forums ...),establish new links to get travelers expectation.
Bruno

potty-mouth.gif
corporate work!!.
I agree with you about finding the right "time" : You could find at any time reasons to not start a business. The most important is to be animated by passion, get all possible information (to be prepared where you are going or imagine other alternatives if it is not going right) and to believe in your project, be prepare to rework your initial plan if required
Even in crisis, people continue to travel, we should work harder to get more visible (participating to this forum is a good one, look for travelers forums ...),establish new links to get travelers expectation.
Bruno
Bonne Adresse said:
The most important is to be animated by passion,
I LOVE this line! I want to be "animated by passion" for my mid-life reinvention!!!! You people ROCK.
Every SINGLE day I come onto this site (sometimes many times a day) and I get reenergized for this decision. I don't ever feel as though I won't be able to do it. I have read every thread in this forum. I know of the bad times, but it is in my spirit to DO this. I can't wait to get started.

potty-mouth.gif
corporate work!!.
Yes I work 3 jobs (all from home) - and much to the chagrin of some others in this forum ....
Actually ag, no one is chagrined that you work 3 jobs. We all bust butt, and the only difference between you and several of us is that we all do not get paid for what we do other than B & B. For instance I had done Marketing Chair in our Assoc from 1999 until August this year (volunteer) and still do Lgislative (same pay rate), serve as Executive Director of WV Rails-to-Trails Council (volunteer), serve on the Planning Commission and the Building Commission and am Tourist Info Center for my City, President of our Area Council of Churches, work Kelly Services once in a while (paid - yeehaa), and a few other things I do not wish to bore anyone with. At least 2 others on this Forum serve as Web Master for their associations plus being involved in other things. Socks is active in her community, has twin rigrats, ans is home-schooling them.
The only difference is that you get paid for what you do - and you even get to choose your time to work. Instead of a Gangbusters "Here I am", a hello, I am ag and I have an inn would have been nice and give everyone a chance to get to know you before you posted about the job thing. I think several of us, I know I have tried to say this off-line to let you know what happened when you came on. I would never have said anything here, but had to say, no one is chagrined, just taken aback. And this is MY opinion.

potty-mouth.gif
corporate work!!.
agoodman1963 said:
Yes I work 3 jobs (all from home) - and much to the chagrin of some others in this forum .... but it allows me to keep the Inn, pay the bills and most of all - stay out of
potty-mouth.gif
corporate work!!
I work three jobs, too... wife, mom, innkeeper. At least you get to pick your hours and receive pay! No chagrin here... I'm happy for you and glad you're able to make it work.
I was just taken aback when the first I heard from you was what appeared to be a sales pitch. Now that I know that's not all you're about, I'm all for it. As I mentioned before, we've had people wander on the forum before with the sole purpose of pushing a product. Glad to know you're not one of them!
=)
Kk.

Back