Hello !

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atreo

Reaction score
Hello to everybody.
My name is Francesco and with my wife Giovanna I own a B&B in Lucca Tuscany Italy. We started more than one year ago, when I retired from my work, buying an old house of 1700 that needed a lot of restructuration. We completed the works in July of last year and in September we started the B&B activity. I have to say that I looked a lot to your forum in the past and I have to thank you all for the precious advices that I got. One for instance also today about the beds sizes that I didn't know ( american but even european). Now I have to change information about beds in my website.
regular_smile.gif
Then I told myself “ why not introduce myself in the forum”? I took the courage and here I am.

Buongiorno Atreo and Welcome!
welcome.gif
I think you will find folks here friendly and helpful. Good luck on your new venture. We love Lucca and have fond memories of a long walk around the walled city.

[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Ciao e benvenuto[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]. [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]
welcome.gif
[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)] My wife and I have been to Tuscany twice before and would return again in a heartbeat. It is a beautiful part of the world and Italians are well known for their hospitality.[/COLOR]
Please be true to your culture. What we hated on our trips was when our Italian hosts tried to make an "American" breakfast. We want to eat what you eat and anyone who knows realizes that in Italy the food changes from region to region. Know that most travelers come to Italy to experience the culture as well as the wonderful people, scenery and food.
My wife and I both wish you the best of luck on your new venture. We will have to come and visit on our next trip.

Welcome. Glad you revealed yourself. You have a beautiful place in a wonderful town! Hope your business has been good for you.

Welcome to Francesco and Giovanna, you have done beautiful things to your inn and home, I hope your guests truly enjoy it! All the best in your new B&B!

How exciting! My husband and I are hoping to visit your part of Italy in the future!
Riki

Another Lucca fan here. About 3 years ago we stayed at Le_Violette B&B just inside the city wall. Your place is a palace in comparison! I remember our breakfast at Violette: one croissant and a cup of coffee. Nothing else. No jam, no fruit. You sure have that beat!!
And Violette is recommended in the Rick_Steves travel guide! He has stayed there several times. He needs to learn about Al Porto!
One suggestion: on your "what to see" page you mention the excavations at San Giovanni Basilique, but you might also mention the live Puccini concerts held there every night March through November. We LOVED it. Where I come from we never get to hear professional voices like we heard that night, in the very church here Puccini was baptized!
I'm glad you found this forum to be a great resource. While much of the advice here is more specific to American circumstances, there's a lot here to help any innkeeper in the world.
I'm glad you are now talking with the group, and hope you will continue!

Another Lucca fan here. About 3 years ago we stayed at Le_Violette B&B just inside the city wall. Your place is a palace in comparison! I remember our breakfast at Violette: one croissant and a cup of coffee. Nothing else. No jam, no fruit. You sure have that beat!!
And Violette is recommended in the Rick_Steves travel guide! He has stayed there several times. He needs to learn about Al Porto!
One suggestion: on your "what to see" page you mention the excavations at San Giovanni Basilique, but you might also mention the live Puccini concerts held there every night March through November. We LOVED it. Where I come from we never get to hear professional voices like we heard that night, in the very church here Puccini was baptized!
I'm glad you found this forum to be a great resource. While much of the advice here is more specific to American circumstances, there's a lot here to help any innkeeper in the world.
I'm glad you are now talking with the group, and hope you will continue!.
We also loved those Puccini concerts!! A link to them would be a nice addition.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. Special thanks for the advice to add a link in my website to Puccini concert : done
regular_smile.gif

I'm putting your place down as somewhere to stay when we finally get to Italy. My husband was there many times with the US Navy and he loved it. Your B&B looks wonderful!
welcome.gif

Here's a correction you can make on your breakfast page for the English translation, add the 'is':
The owners are so passionate about cooking that as well as what is expected in a normal breakfast...
(Sorry, I used to be an English teacher, I can't help myself.)

I'm putting your place down as somewhere to stay when we finally get to Italy. My husband was there many times with the US Navy and he loved it. Your B&B looks wonderful!
welcome.gif

Here's a correction you can make on your breakfast page for the English translation, add the 'is':
The owners are so passionate about cooking that as well as what is expected in a normal breakfast...
(Sorry, I used to be an English teacher, I can't help myself.).
We have something in common,
regular_smile.gif
my father was an admiral of the Navy. Thanks for the correction : already done

welcome.gif

regular_smile.gif
Where was your father stationed? DH spent most of his time in Naples. (He loves the pizza there!) But, he would go on bus tours all over- Venice, Pisa, Palermo, Rome

welcome.gif

regular_smile.gif
Where was your father stationed? DH spent most of his time in Naples. (He loves the pizza there!) But, he would go on bus tours all over- Venice, Pisa, Palermo, Rome
He was in most of Navy bases in Italy like La Spezia, Taranto, Augusta and also Naples for a while. At the end of his career Rome where there is the Navy ministery. Abroad for some year in Malta where there was the Navsouth of the Nato.

Atreo, welcome. This tread makes me yearn tp return to Italy. Our 10 day trip seemed like minutes, we loved it so. I wish you the VERY best in your endeavours and I have added your lovely B&B to my return trip to your wonderful country.

Welcome! Was just speaking to DH and thinking-wouldn't it be cool if we could get a job in Italy or Spain?
This is a great forum and has been my saving grace many a time.

Back