Hello

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lbird

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I thought I would introduce myself. I've been reading this board for quite some time now and I love it! I just tried to respond to a post but fudged it up so I thought I'd introduce myself before people started wondering who I was haha. I live in Maine and am General Manager of a 12 room B&B. For right now I'd prefer to remain anonymous as far as my specific location and name of the business. I've been working here for about two years now. I never thought I'd find myself working at a B&B, just kindof fell into it. I owned a restaurant for 8 years and moved into this business. It has it's ups and downs but it is by far more exciting than I ever thought it would be. So hello again and I look forward to finally joining in the conversations.
teeth_smile.gif

Welcome! I'm not an owner, either. I'm an assistant manager.
You'll find a variety of people here: owners, managers, aspirings, newbies, oldies, tired-ers, and retired-ers...we run the gamut!
welcome.gif

Thank you guys! You are such a great group of people. I love the honesty here, as well as the support and friendship everyone offers. I'm not sure why I've waited so long to make my "appearance" but I'm glad to be a part of your board.
cheers.gif

Thank you guys! You are such a great group of people. I love the honesty here, as well as the support and friendship everyone offers. I'm not sure why I've waited so long to make my "appearance" but I'm glad to be a part of your board.
cheers.gif

Not asking you to reveal your id, but there are a few Mainers on here. At least 5, I think. Sometime we're all going to get together!

cheers.gif

Not asking you to reveal your id, but there are a few Mainers on here. At least 5, I think. Sometime we're all going to get together!
I would love that! It would be great to meet and chat with other innkeepers. My Mother is my assistant manager, and we have absolutely fallen in love with this line of work. We have disscussed opening our own B&B someday but thats something far far away haha.

cheers.gif

Lbird said:
cheers.gif
Maybe discussions of adult loaded diapers is why you have waited...some times the topics can get a bit iffy - but really it is all part of this job we call innkeeping. WhHo else can you talk to about these subject? US!
I think there are more than 5 Mainers on this forum, the numbers vary, but 5 regulars might be pretty accurate.

cheers.gif

I would love that! It would be great to meet and chat with other innkeepers. My Mother is my assistant manager, and we have absolutely fallen in love with this line of work. We have disscussed opening our own B&B someday but thats something far far away haha.
Welcome...hey I think you all have it the best. Running the B&B without the financial worries:)

cheers.gif

Lbird said:
cheers.gif
Maybe discussions of adult loaded diapers is why you have waited...some times the topics can get a bit iffy - but really it is all part of this job we call innkeeping. WhHo else can you talk to about these subject? US!
I think there are more than 5 Mainers on this forum, the numbers vary, but 5 regulars might be pretty accurate.
Joe Bloggs said:
Lbird said:
cheers.gif
I think that was aimed at me...but its ok. ....Be glad you don't have to empty the trash....
286777.gif

Taking a breather between guests and City duties today.
Welcome to the Forum.

Back