Help! Coffee Maker Advice

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread came at the same time as my mystery Keurig machine. The machine, addressed to me showed up last week. I have been over and over the box and packing materials and there's no clue as to who sent it. I've also checked my credit card statement and it's not there either.
Amazingly my Senseo machine bit the dust a few days earlier. So I'm now part of the K club. Does anyone know of a type that makes a large cup of strong coffee? Even the "extra bold" ones I've tried are too weak unless I make a medium size cup.
You could get a couple of the reusable k-cups and pack it with your own coffee. Then you could get the strength you want.

I finally bought a Nespresso for myself...one that will do both espresso and regular coffee. SOOO GOOD! Much better coffee than Keurig. But for my guest rooms it's still Keurig. Cheaper by far, and Nespresso is too macho for the average American coffee drinker!

We have K-cup single serve machines in our guest rooms, purchase store brand pods locally, my own favorite flavor and others, makes it simple to purchase to fill our needs

I finally bought a Nespresso for myself...one that will do both espresso and regular coffee. SOOO GOOD! Much better coffee than Keurig. But for my guest rooms it's still Keurig. Cheaper by far, and Nespresso is too macho for the average American coffee drinker!.
We bought a super automatic for the B&B and have the nespresso espresso for ourselves.... though I usually use the super automatic. But then, I don't drink coffee, just espresso.
Keurig is definitely cheaper... with a reason behind it :D

I'm not saying I'm a coffee addict..
But I have a:
  • Jura 90 automatic espresso maker
  • Keurig coffeemaker
  • Nespresso machine
  • French press
We use the Jura to make espresso drinks (lattes, mochas, etc) for a small additional charge. Not too many people take us up on it, but a few do.

We have a commercial coffee maker and purchase Community Coffee through their business line. It costs us about 50 cents a pot to make. I'd rather throw away coffee than come up short.

I use the Keurig for anytime coffee - located in the dining room. I roast the green beans of the country chosen by the guests (day prior to arrival) that I grind that morning for breakfast and use a percolator. I have several percolators of different sizes depending on # of guests and if I think they might be "coffee hounds".

I missed some info on the type of filters. I was considering buying a coffee maker with a metal one so to avoid all the paper waste but not quite sure what the best in terms of coffee quality would be.

I missed some info on the type of filters. I was considering buying a coffee maker with a metal one so to avoid all the paper waste but not quite sure what the best in terms of coffee quality would be..
No offense, but coffee brewed through a metal filter blows.

I missed some info on the type of filters. I was considering buying a coffee maker with a metal one so to avoid all the paper waste but not quite sure what the best in terms of coffee quality would be..
No offense, but coffee brewed through a metal filter blows.
Too true. The paper catches fines and a bit of the bitterness. Buy brown ones and compost.

I ultimately bought a Nespresso for myself...One on the way to do each coffee and normal espresso. SOOO GOOD! Much higher espresso than Keurig translation. But for my guest rooms it is nevertheless Keurig. Cheaper by means of far, and Nespresso is simply too macho for the common American espresso drinker!

Back