Help Finding B&B Site Listing Kayaking as Activity

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

promise

Reaction score
As an aspiring innkeeper I read this site daily. A few days ago there was a link to a B&B listing kayaking as one of their activities. We own a 7 acre lake and we are intested in water activities for our guests. They listed 5 kayaks and there were pictures. I should have bookmarked it but I didn't. I would appreciate any help finding this site.

I am sure this was not the link, but this place has kayaking offered as an activity.
http://www.theoutdoorsinn.com/
Just GOOGLE it and you should be able to find some.

Was it a Google ad for a place or was it someplace listed as a featured inn here on the site?
If it was a featured inn you can find the current collection here. Featured Inns

there is a web site www.outdooradventures.com and when searching for bed & breakfasts with kayaking this was the results
[h1]outdooradventures.com[/h1]
[h3]Related Searches:[/h3]
742_270_200_crop_57536.jpg

Search:

[h2]Sponsored Listings for BED & BREAKFAST WITH KAYAKING[/h2]
function mover(obj) {
if (typeof(obj) != "object") { document.location.href = obj.replace("redirp.htm","redirps.htm"); }
else { obj.href = obj.href.replace("redirp.htm","redirps.htm"); }
}
Associated Sites
B&W Courtyards
1854 Creole compound. Featured in Travel & Leisure. Great location.
www.bandwcourtyards.com/
WV Weekend Getaways
Plan a getaway to one of WV's 100 charming beds and breakfast.
www.wvweekends.com/
Perfect Weekend Getaway
Luxury Inn Near Charlottesville Fine Dining, Spa, Tennis & Golf!
www.keswick.com/
Kayaking Santa Barbara
Super fun adventure trips. Kayak. Bike. Surf. Climb & More.
www.sbadventureco.com/
Unbelieveable Discounts
Condos,Cruises, Hotels Lifetime Travel Membership
ctc.cruisetocash.com/

I don't recall any featuring kayaking. I hope you offer it, guests love that!.
I will agree with that. It's the number one 'Walk on Adventure' that my guests do at LL Bean and they rave about it. There was a whole article in the paper today about winter kayaking on the bay.

There is talk of our town having white water kayaking/canoeing in the future. There's a lot of anticipation about it. A guy opened an outfitter shop a few years ago & went under because he was a bit ahead of the curve. People aren't that interested in canoeing on our river now...too slow.

We have a major push on our blueways which is why we have that Nascar driver/Conservationist backing us. We have our annual Ramble which is canoe/kayak 8 miles race and a ton of weekend fun. The first race is at night. The last is berakfast on the river - once you make it to a certain point.
Question: Would you rent out the kayaks or make them part of the amenities?

Thanks everyone for your help. I haven't found the one I saw originally but viewed some lovely B&B websites and obtained a few more ideas.

We have a major push on our blueways which is why we have that Nascar driver/Conservationist backing us. We have our annual Ramble which is canoe/kayak 8 miles race and a ton of weekend fun. The first race is at night. The last is berakfast on the river - once you make it to a certain point.
Question: Would you rent out the kayaks or make them part of the amenities?.
I guess my concern is ...either way...Liability. It will most certainly involve getting extra insurance much like the many canoe/ kayak places have for sure.

Question: Would you rent out the kayaks or make them part of the amenities?.
I guess my concern is ...either way...Liability. It will most certainly involve getting extra insurance much like the many canoe/ kayak places have for sure.
catlady said:
We've found this is very dependent on your insurer. Ours has said to us that we can do anything we want that would be typically offered at a B&B and that included having bicycles, sleds, etc. All they require is that when we are embarking on something new that we let them know in advance. And we're not required to have guests sign waivers.

We used to have kayaks. They were a lot of fun. They got away during a storm at Columbus Day Regatta. :( I'm on the hunt for some more.

Linda and Lyn at Inn at Riverbend here in Virginia have a connection with a kyaking company. I wonder if that's what you saw? They have a gorgeous inn, and she is really clever with marketing.
RIki

Back