Help Me.. Breakfast burnout

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nkeeprs

Reaction score
I am not going thru Inn burnout . It is breakfast burnout. It is 7:30 am and I am waiting for guest to come down for breakfast . I need some new breakfast recipes. It seems I get comfortable with the same things and end up making them every other morning. I dont want any of the fancy fufu breakfast. It seems I spend all morning making that and guest end up wanting a plain egg. Send any easy, make the nigt before yummy breafast recipes.
Thanks from Maine

A lot of the recipes on the forum here are make-ahead. Also check out the cookbook "Sleep On It", those are all make ahead.
Read the recent thread "Your Go-To Baked Item" for some great recipes the folks here shared.

I hope you aren't waiting until morning to plan your breakfast:-( We had about 5 or 6 Standard menus we used all the time. We posted the menu the day before so everyone knew what would be served. IF they couldn't eat it, or had allergies they were to let us know..so we could be prepared. Most times they did.
It may have been boring for us to prepare, but we had it down to a science and it saved us tons of time and helped our grocery budget...as we knew exactly what we were doing all the time. Guest very seldom stayed more than 6 days, so it was always something new for them even if it wasn't for us.
GO to INNCUISINE.com for loads of good recipe ideas. Even BBONLINE has a huge cookbook section from innkeepers. Lots of recipe ideas there for you if you need some.

Allow an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes and you can do the sour cream & chives egg bake and English muffin bread. (to speed it up, I have been known to measure out half the flour, yeast, soda, and sugar into the bowl the night before so all I have to do is add the very warm water and other half flour) Mix up the bread and put it in the pans to raise while mixing up the egg bake. Both go in the oven at the same time and bake for 25-30 min and you can do the fruit while they bake. Both recipes are here. The baked pineapple toast and the bread pudding are night-befores and they are also on here. All the above get rave reviews and are easy. I am not into difficult - even my bagels are easy.

What sorts of breakfasts do you make now? That way we won't duplicate your efforts.

We had our standards to, it would seem boring to create the same ones over and over again, but because those are the ones that every guest loved we just did it. Occasionally we would make something new, but we learned to make a new recipe for us before the guests.
Always had fresh bread baked so that when guests walked into the dinning room it smelled wonderful....

Allow an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes and you can do the sour cream & chives egg bake and English muffin bread. (to speed it up, I have been known to measure out half the flour, yeast, soda, and sugar into the bowl the night before so all I have to do is add the very warm water and other half flour) Mix up the bread and put it in the pans to raise while mixing up the egg bake. Both go in the oven at the same time and bake for 25-30 min and you can do the fruit while they bake. Both recipes are here. The baked pineapple toast and the bread pudding are night-befores and they are also on here. All the above get rave reviews and are easy. I am not into difficult - even my bagels are easy..
I would love the recipe for the sour cream chive bake if you could plz email to me
[email protected]
or [email protected]
Thx so much for your time
www.thechadwick.com
Buddy

Its right here on innspiring.com go to recipe on the top of this page and it is under eggs. It is from Gillum House B&B.

just remember that your delicious breakfast, even if you've made it over and over again, is still a delicious breakfast for your guest. having someone else make my breakfast for me is great! i used to amuse myself with fruit garnishes and place & table settings because i had only 7 different breakfasts that were my standbys that i rotated.

What kind of breakfasts do you usually make? That definitely would help us with some suggestions for you. :) Also, how many guests are you normally preparing breakfast for? That will help narrow down suggestions.
I have lots of reliable entrees that I make more interesting for me by changing out the fruit course or baked good. Maybe that's all that you need to do.

BTW, if you look under the heading 'blogs to innspire' on the side, you'll see a bacon strata that sounds yummy. We're going to try that one AFTER I ask who won't eat pork!

BTW, if you look under the heading 'blogs to innspire' on the side, you'll see a bacon strata that sounds yummy. We're going to try that one AFTER I ask who won't eat pork!.
Yum...I don't eat bacon normally, but in that recipe... I think I would :)

BTW, if you look under the heading 'blogs to innspire' on the side, you'll see a bacon strata that sounds yummy. We're going to try that one AFTER I ask who won't eat pork!.
Yum...I don't eat bacon normally, but in that recipe... I think I would :)
Bacon is different. We've had guests turn down sausage everyday but practically clap when we ask if they'd like bacon. We used to make the cheesy potato pie with ham in it but stopped with all of the vegetarians, etc who won't eat either meat or pork. Which is why this will only get made on a day when no one has mentioned issues with meat.

I think I might be one of the few here who does not "make the night before" breakfast? I don't make them ahead, never have.

I think I might be one of the few here who does not "make the night before" breakfast? I don't make them ahead, never have..
I do not do (cook) the breakfast the night before, but if I am going to have to have DH serve a breakfast (for times like tomorrow when i will leave the house by 5:30 AM to be in the Capitol), I do the scut work the night before so he just has to bake and serve. Depending on the schedule for the guests this Saturday - breakfast may by a bake & serve variety. I am scheduled to be in a training class AND I am providing the coffee and muffins & mini-bagels for the morning so I need to be able to get out of here. Since they have to drive to their workshop, I am hoping for a nice early breakfast time.

I think I might be one of the few here who does not "make the night before" breakfast? I don't make them ahead, never have..
Joey Bloggs said:
I think I might be one of the few here who does not "make the night before" breakfast? I don't make them ahead, never have.
We'll do some of those egg dishes the night before because they set up better overnight. But we've moved away from casseroles and more toward 'cook when the guests sit down.' But that asiago bagel thing and the bacon strata and the apple-cheese waffle thing sound really good.
We had a nice compliment over the weekend that the guests liked the simple breakfast rather than the fancy stuff. We seem to get the right crowd for us.

Joey Bloggs said:
We'll do some of those egg dishes the night before because they set up better overnight. But we've moved away from casseroles and more toward 'cook when the guests sit down.' But that asiago bagel thing and the bacon strata and the apple-cheese waffle thing sound really good.
We had a nice compliment over the weekend that the guests liked the simple breakfast rather than the fancy stuff. We seem to get the right crowd for us.
Morticia said:
That is awesome!

I am one of the few too. :) But I did make a Pecan Praline French Toast overnight thing that was a recipe from an inn and it was fantastic! Most of the time I just don't have enough room in the fridge for big baking pans to sit overnight. And I have a very large 3 door fridge!

I am one of the few too. :) But I did make a Pecan Praline French Toast overnight thing that was a recipe from an inn and it was fantastic! Most of the time I just don't have enough room in the fridge for big baking pans to sit overnight. And I have a very large 3 door fridge!
The beauty of the bread pudding is it does not go into the pan until morning when the fruit is added. I mix it up in a Tupperware ptichet with lid and put that in the fridge. I can do enough for a 9x 13 pan in that container.

Today was a kodak moment for me. When I leave this business this image will forever be ingrained in my memory bank.
I delivered breakfast to a room. A blistered sun-scorched exhausted US soldier on R&R from Iraq lay in bed like a newborn baby - never before has this bed looked so heavenly. (The things we take for granted aye?)
Breakfast was two courses - Coffee first and fresh pineapple, canteloupe starter. Second was french toast made of croissants sliced in half, topped with brilliant red ripe strawberry slices and warm syrup, and two sausage patties, garnish and oj.
Simple is good. Simple allows flavors to come through.

Back