Help! Need Egg-Free Recipes

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
We have a guest arriving tonight that just informed us that she is allergic to eggs. Everything in our breakfast repertoire uses eggs! Besides oatmeal and granola, what are some good hot dishes that we could serve?

How about traditional sausage gravy and biscuits? Or you could do it over homefries?

How about that lovely recipe posted the other day (still have not tried it)
Piggy Pudding
16 link pork sausages
4-5 tart apples, peeled, cored, sliced
One 7.5 oz. pkg. corn bread mix (prepare according to directions on pkg.)
Preheat oven to 450F. Cook sausages until done, piercing with fork to let out fat. Drain, then arrange in a 9" sq. baking dish. Layer sliced apples on top. Pour corn bread batter over all and bake for approx. 30 min. or until corn bread is done. Serve with warm maple syrup.

What about pancakes or waffles? Fruit Smoothies, Baked Apples, Apple Crisp, Poached Pears ( posted a recipe the other day), cheese grits,vegetable tofu scramble
Here's a recipe I had but have never made:
Banana Honey Muffins
12 muffins (change servings and units)
Ingredients
* 1 3/4 cups about 4 mashed bananas
* 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
* 1/4 cup honey
* 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
* 2 cups flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 pinch salt
Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Place 12 muffin cups in pan.
In large bowl, combine bananas, sugar, honey, and margarine. Beat with an electric mixer until well blended. Slowly add the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix well.
Spoon the batter into the cups. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove pan from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Remove the muffins and cool on a rack.
Store in airtight container for up to 2 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Egg-Free French Toast
c.gif

(1 serving)
c.gif

• 2 slices whole-grain bread
  • 1/2 cup milk (soy milk works fine)
  • 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
  • 1 pinch salt
Preheat a griddle or fry pan to just above medium heat.

In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except bread and butter. Mix until the cornstach is disolved. Transfer mixture to a shallow bowl or pan.

Dip both sides of each bread slice into the mixture.

Melt butter on the griddle or skillet. Place bread on heated surface and cook each side to a light golden brown.

Serve immediately.

Piggy Pudding
16 link pork sausages
Preheat oven to 450F. Cook sausages until done, piercing with fork to let out fat. Drain, then arrange in a 9" sq. baking dish. Layer sliced apples on top. Pour corn bread batter over all and bake for approx. 30 min. or until corn bread is done. Serve with warm maple syrup..
agoodman1963 said:
Piggy Pudding
16 link pork sausages
Preheat oven to 450F. Cook sausages until done, piercing with fork to let out fat. Drain, then arrange in a 9" sq. baking dish. Layer sliced apples on top. Pour corn bread batter over all and bake for approx. 30 min. or until corn bread is done. Serve with warm maple syrup.
The cornbread mix probably uses egg...

A potato and cheese gratin would be good as a savory entree. There was a recipe in the New York Times today that looked good.
Tofu scrambles are easy also, but make sure the guest likes tofu first.
chef.gif

Google for vegan recipes & you might find somethings that will work. I found a French Toast recipe that uses banana and it was pretty good. You have to find a bread that doesn't use eggs (usually French will work).
Sausage gravy and biscuits, hash browns, and sliced tomatoes could be good for where you are.

In pancakes, waffles, cornbread, etc substitute 2 tablespoons of water for each egg.

Thank you all. We had biscuits and gravy with pan fries and sausages this morning. Crisis averted! But now she's saying she wants to stay another night if she can get off of work.
confused_smile.gif
We have another couple arriving this afternoon for a week. Fortunately, they have no food restrictions.
Quite frankly, I don't know how you veterans have been doing this for so long with multiple guests. Our two rooms keep us hopping.
smileystooges.gif

Thank you all. We had biscuits and gravy with pan fries and sausages this morning. Crisis averted! But now she's saying she wants to stay another night if she can get off of work.
confused_smile.gif
We have another couple arriving this afternoon for a week. Fortunately, they have no food restrictions.
Quite frankly, I don't know how you veterans have been doing this for so long with multiple guests. Our two rooms keep us hopping.
smileystooges.gif
Proud Texan said:
I've felt the same way... I can only hope I will get a lot more efficient in both cooking and cleaning. Either that, or I'm way lazier than the veterans here.
=)
Kk.

confused_smile.gif
smileystooges.gif
Good work! And it DOES get easier and faster as you go...having stuff like this come up is really the best way to learn new things.

confused_smile.gif
smileystooges.gif
I agree...I have the utmost respect for the veteran innkeepers here! A couple rooms can keep me busy, and more can keep me running 18 hours a day!

I just took a one-night that when asked about diet said no restrictions. It took asking about food dislikes for him to say he does not eat eggs. I asked if it was eggs in things also - no, in foods is ok, just not EGGS. Told him thank you for telling me because my "knock their socks off" breakfast is an egg bake with English muffin bread! I will probably do my baked pineapple toast - it has an egg & milk in it but is not EGGS.

Back