help PLEASE

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flower

Reaction score
Can anyone Help us please. How do you place a map into our web site.

Where are you getting the map from? Google? If you've created a Google map of your area, there is a code snippet you need to cut and paste and insert into the code on your website.
Maybe some more details on where you are in the process?

Where are you getting the map from? Google? If you've created a Google map of your area, there is a code snippet you need to cut and paste and insert into the code on your website.
Maybe some more details on where you are in the process?.
Yes it is Google Map. I need the code snippet. Where can I find it?
Thanks

Thanks
Go to your google map and put in your address. Hopefully you have a listing in google places, so your inn name etc shows up. If not..do that first. Then when the map appears, in the left hand side at the top where is says share..or whatever...there is a little chain link icon. Click on that. you will see the options. there is a section that says Paste HTML to embed in website
You can customize the size etc. Copy it and then go to your web page and paste it into the code. Not directly into the page. and save your page

Thanks
Go to your google map and put in your address. Hopefully you have a listing in google places, so your inn name etc shows up. If not..do that first. Then when the map appears, in the left hand side at the top where is says share..or whatever...there is a little chain link icon. Click on that. you will see the options. there is a section that says Paste HTML to embed in website
You can customize the size etc. Copy it and then go to your web page and paste it into the code. Not directly into the page. and save your page
Thank you . I will let my dh see this after his class. Sent him off to learn photo shop 10.
The problem google does not have us in the correct place or street we have asked them for 8 years now to change the place. But in their wisdom that has not changesd Yet! Any ways we need a map so we could put back on our web site. For some unknown reason our map went blank. It did not want to come back. So we went hunting for a new one on google but could not find the snippet.
Thank you for your help ((()))

Thanks
Thank you . I will let my dh see this after his class. Sent him off to learn photo shop 10.
The problem google does not have us in the correct place or street we have asked them for 8 years now to change the place. But in their wisdom that has not changesd Yet! Any ways we need a map so we could put back on our web site. For some unknown reason our map went blank. It did not want to come back. So we went hunting for a new one on google but could not find the snippet.
You should be able to edit your own listing. I have done it for several people myself. Google won't do it for you.

Thanks
You should be able to edit your own listing. I have done it for several people myself. Google won't do it for you.
It is a long story why we can't do thing s simply.To make it short our street name changed along with postal code and street number. Google after 8 years has not changed their maps. After 8 years of trying to inform them many ways they have not caught up.
We lost our map so we could explain where our street is in referance to where google has put us.. So need the shippet to replace map on web site . Then we follow up on explanation of where we are . Map qu e st has it right but most people don't use map qu es t.

Thanks
It is a long story why we can't do thing s simply.To make it short our street name changed along with postal code and street number. Google after 8 years has not changed their maps. After 8 years of trying to inform them many ways they have not caught up.
We lost our map so we could explain where our street is in referance to where google has put us.. So need the shippet to replace map on web site . Then we follow up on explanation of where we are . Map qu e st has it right but most people don't use map qu es t.
Have you seen these?
http://support.google.com/maps/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=144368
http://support.google.com/maps/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=144345&topic=1687361&ctx=topic

Thanks
Thanks catlady....I have been wanting to incorporate the interactive Google map on our site for a while. Our web person is working on upgrading our site this month so the timing on this information is perfect!

Thanks
Have you seen these?
http://support.google.com/maps/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=144368
http://support.google.com/maps/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=144345&topic=1687361&ctx=topic
Thank you Catlady for your help. Yes we had seen one link. Today we got an answere from google. Said we were right they said they would correct it and let us know,. When they have corrected it and got it done !!! Owozzers ! 8 long years can this truly be changed and all will be ok. No more problems explaining why and how come. Man this is wonderful news for us and will help our busness. Now we have to wait and see if this truly will be changed soon.
I am ready to start blowing up ballons for a party.
Again thank you

Back