Help with blog

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
I am doing a blog for my g-son. Apparently, no one is able to post comments. I had trouble posting a reply to the one person who was able to post a comment. It didn't work at all on Firefox and I had to go thru multiple screens on IE to get the comment to post.
Any ideas?
Feel free to try to post a comment. I'm moderating the comments for obvious reasons (OK, not obvious...this is a 3rd grade class project).

Hi Bree, I just posted a comment...took me two tries. Didn't work with Anonymous profile, so I just picked Google acct. and it worked.
So glad to see Flat Stanley is still traveling around...he made it through Florida etc. when our kids were small, now they're 23 and 21!
Mary Jo

i posted a comment, let me know if it goes through....
Went thru fine. Did you have any problems? What browser are you using?
BTW, ha, ha, good one, I published it.
No problems, internet explorer...
wink_smile.gif
Did the Url profile option...

i posted a comment as anonymous ... all i said was 'cute!'
screen said my comment would be reviewed
looks ok to me.
and it IS cute!

Hi Bree, I just posted a comment...took me two tries. Didn't work with Anonymous profile, so I just picked Google acct. and it worked.
So glad to see Flat Stanley is still traveling around...he made it through Florida etc. when our kids were small, now they're 23 and 21!
Mary Jo.
I have been waiting years for FS to make it to me! My nephews both did this but other side of the fam lives in the UK, so that was better and my parents travel all the time, so, again, better option. You have to wait for FS to find you, you can't 'ask' for him.

I'm lost. Who or what is Flat Stanley?.
Flat Stanley is a book character. He's a real boy who gets flattened by his bulletin board and then has adventures because he can go places that no one else can. The classroom idea is that you send the FS in an envelope to someone far away who tells what it's like where they live.
My grandson sent FS to me to tell about Maine.

Flat Stanley is a book character. He's a real boy who gets flattened by his bulletin board and then has adventures because he can go places that no one else can. The classroom idea is that you send the FS in an envelope to someone far away who tells what it's like where they live.
My grandson sent FS to me to tell about Maine.
Neat! I like FS's blog!

happyjacks said:
I'm lost. Who or what is Flat Stanley?
If you don't know who Flat Stanley is, then you probably didn't know about Junie B Jones either.
shades_smile.gif

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
happyjacks said:
I'm lost. Who or what is Flat Stanley?
If you don't know who Flat Stanley is, then you probably didn't know about Junie B Jones either.
shades_smile.gif
If she's not an online groundhog or an innkeeping jack russel, then you've got me stumped.

I just posted one using IE and name/url it seemed to go through fine.
Cute project. We did one with DW's class back in 1998 with stufffed bears discovering the various historical westward trails. Most schools at the time did not have internet access and many were still not using email so very few bears made the full journey :(
It might be a cute project to modify into Beary Tails (a story of a Bear hopping from B&B to B&B). and documenting/promoting each inn as he/she makes its way around.

Cute project. We did one with DW's class back in 1998 with stufffed bears discovering the various historical westward trails. Most schools at the time did not have internet access and many were still not using email so very few bears made the full journey :(
It might be a cute project to modify into Beary Tails (a story of a Bear hopping from B&B to B&B). and documenting/promoting each inn as he/she makes its way around..
I'm game. And I have a ton of bears if we need one to get started...

It might be a cute project to modify into Beary Tails (a story of a Bear hopping from B&B to B&B). and documenting/promoting each inn as he/she makes its way around..
Dude, that sounds like a beary fun idea! I'm inn, too.

Wow, a couple of those bears really made good time!

count me in. Pics and video? We will have to hire fake guests for the promo since they are all gone now that the leaves are peakin. ha ha

Mary Jo.
I have been waiting years for FS to make it to me! My nephews both did this but other side of the fam lives in the UK, so that was better and my parents travel all the time, so, again, better option. You have to wait for FS to find you, you can't 'ask' for him.
Several years ago - 2003 - Flat Stanley arrived with his Florida family. He had his picture taken with our sign. The problem was that he was left behind when they left to go to Hershey, PA.
It just happened that that day we were going up to Wheeling for a stop on the Lewis & Clark recreation. We had met one of the descendents of one of the few men who made the entire trip when the Commissioner of Tourism introduced us to be his lunch companions at a workshop. We took pictures of FS with him, an Indian, and some of the other exhibits. A few days later, the sitting Governor was in the next city for a presentation. I took camera and FS and got a picture of the Governor holding FS (the Mayor also). When I called the lady to ask where she wanted me to send the photos and FS, she said oh just throw him away. When I told her he had his picture taken with the Governor, she changed her mind. Even sent me $20 to cover the film & mailing..

Maybe we should do one with inns...just for fun...start a blog and then send the bear with a guest that is making another stop at a B&B (like Georgia girl) and she would leave it there for the next pick up by another guest who will be going to another inn!
that would be fun to track!

Maybe we should do one with inns...just for fun...start a blog and then send the bear with a guest that is making another stop at a B&B (like Georgia girl) and she would leave it there for the next pick up by another guest who will be going to another inn!
Willowpondgj said:
Now THAT would be interesting!
I was thinking we would start with this gang here (because we know what's happening!) but, if it takes off, we might get some publicity and then more inns would want to do it! Like the Travelocity Gnome...we have the B&B Bear.
What I have noticed with the FS blog is that it's not getting any love from Google right now. If I were to post some of those 'articles' on my own blog, they would be in the top ten retrievals from Google in a few minutes.

Back