help with pillows

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandynn

Reaction score
I need new pillows. I had some from Kolhs but of course they don't carry them any more. I loved them. Does anyone have pillow they really like?

JCP. They have them in the 2-packs. They run around $26 for 2 (you can get them in any 'strength' you want, the firm works well here). If I see the 2 fer sale then I can replace the whole bed at once. And, they're washable.
I've been thru 4 different sets of pillows in one room and finally settled on the JCP ones. The Kohl's got all munched up, the ones from Laura Ashley thru Overstock arrived crumpled and never flattened out and the other set that was supposed to be 'down alternative' stayed so puffed up they were only good for sitting up reading. (I have them stuffed into the pillow shams now for just that purpose.)

I have never found a pillow for myself I can hack. I actually buy them and test them out and then they go to the guest rooms. I need to scrunch them up, can't have them hard like memory foam, but not too soft like down. I am a maniac about pillows, I spend more money on pillows... The whole wheat or grain thing and the rustling sound makes my skin crawl. If anyone has a recommended pillow they swear by please share!
I have found, like you, some discontinued that work well in guest rooms, the laura ashley seem to pull apart and segment and get all lumpy.

I have never found a pillow for myself I can hack. I actually buy them and test them out and then they go to the guest rooms. I need to scrunch them up, can't have them hard like memory foam, but not too soft like down. I am a maniac about pillows, I spend more money on pillows... The whole wheat or grain thing and the rustling sound makes my skin crawl. If anyone has a recommended pillow they swear by please share!
I have found, like you, some discontinued that work well in guest rooms, the laura ashley seem to pull apart and segment and get all lumpy..
I'm with you. I am now one of 'those people'- the kind who travel with their own pillow. I hate not being able to sleep on vacation because the pillows are too whatever.

I recently picked up a 2-pak of Queen size pillows at Sam's for 14 bucks.

Eddie Bauer pillows have been great. The Classic Firmer is one the guest seem to like. It is goose down and not stiff...I have 4 king sized pillows in each room. Two Eddie Bauer ones and then two synthetic filled pillow. I'm getting a lot of people who can't handle sleeping on goose down.

I miss my pillow!!!! My pillow is a feather pillow that is now encased in a pillow protecter with a pillow protecter over that so it can go into the pillowcase - have to keep the feathers IN the pillow, it is so old I discovered the fabric had split long ago during a "scrunch" and the protecter was holding everything together.
I have 2 down-filled (firm) in 2 rooms with 2 fiber-filled extra pillows in each of them and 4 fiber-fill (firm) in my feather-free room. Some I got from Domestications, but do not remember where the others came from. My daughter brought me 4 new fiber-filled a couple years ago.

Back