Helpful Dh

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowSocks

Reaction score
So I'm sitting here eating breakfast leftovers, scanning the forum, finally sitting since 5 a.m.... dh has gone upstairs. Comes back down to say Guest has left her bag. I say, that's because she's not checking out until tomorrow. Oops... he already stripped the beds.
Guess I better go get to work.
=)
Kk.

I have a whiteboard on the fridge - rooms to turn, rooms to makeup, anything special that needs attention.
Jeanne

I have a whiteboard on the fridge - rooms to turn, rooms to makeup, anything special that needs attention.
Jeanne.
this assumes the innkeeper is on her/his toes
my chambermaid insists i told her it would be all fluffs today but there are three flips and she is miffed at me.
oops .....
she works another job (or two)

Jeanne.
my chambermaid insists i told her it would be all fluffs today but there are three flips and she is miffed at me.
oops .....
I've had my 'chambermaid' walk into a room strewn with the guests' luggage and turn to me and say, 'Is this a strip or a fluff?'
Ditto the opposite...not luggage, no belongings, 'Is this a strip or a fluff?'

I have SuperInn also and can print out the housekeeping report and/or the availability chart so dh can see what the guest status is. What works best??? The whiteboard on the side of the fridge like Jeanne uses. I have a week grid on the top (where I can change the dates) and the room names to the left. I put the guest names & special notes along with brekkie times. It is the BEST thing for my dh to see at a glance....fluorescent markers and all
teeth_smile.gif

Jeanne.
oops .....
Around here, if the innkeeper isn't on her toes, there's no hope - no one else remembers what's going on like I do!
angel_smile.gif

With a whiteboard, you have it in writing.
Jeanne

I have SuperInn also and can print out the housekeeping report and/or the availability chart so dh can see what the guest status is. What works best??? The whiteboard on the side of the fridge like Jeanne uses. I have a week grid on the top (where I can change the dates) and the room names to the left. I put the guest names & special notes along with brekkie times. It is the BEST thing for my dh to see at a glance....fluorescent markers and all
teeth_smile.gif
I absolutely agree the whiteboard is the way to go. I never did use the SuperInn printout, too much paper to print it out everyday.

teeth_smile.gif
I absolutely agree the whiteboard is the way to go. I never did use the SuperInn printout, too much paper to print it out everyday.
I print out the availability chart with a bigger range of days every once in awhile...carry it with me to the store etc. for phone calls. & put it in my pocket when cleaning in case my addled brain gets confused.
wink_smile.gif
Like Jeanne, I'm the keeper of the info....dh can't seem to remember but he's not dealing with it all the time like I am.

teeth_smile.gif
I print out the availability chart with a bigger range of days every once in awhile...carry it with me to the store etc. for phone calls. & put it in my pocket when cleaning in case my addled brain gets confused.
wink_smile.gif
Like Jeanne, I'm the keeper of the info....dh can't seem to remember but he's not dealing with it all the time like I am.
I did that last year for vacation. We don't forward the phone when we leave the house unless it's overnight.

Does he usually help out? If so, you need a sheet that tells him what to do. You can print it right off SuperInn if you want. I have one I make up for when we have a housekeeper. Shows all the rooms and what to do to them.
Edited to say sorry, I totaly did not read who posted the original message...

Back