Here Comes Another One

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
I just received this e-mail this morning. I've taken out all the links. $295 per year and it hasn't even launched yet. Looks pretty nice from what I can see, but too much $$ for me to take a chance on another new directory. Does anybody know this person?
Here's the e-mail:
[tr]
YUP! Yet Another Marketing Website!​
[/td][/tr][/table] [tr] Thank you so much for opening this mail. I know you’re a busy innkeeper so I’ll get right to it. I’ve been involved in the bed & breakfast industry nearly all my adult life. I owned and operated my own inn for fifteen years, worked for other Innkeepers for a time, volunteered for my state association, served the Select Registry board of directors, and had the great privilege to work for PAII as their director of membership services. That changed when I moved back home a few years ago to help my family during the final year of my dad’s life. That experience changed me dramatically, but I don’t regret it for a moment.
I’m writing you today asking for your help. I’m launching a new website to help Innkeepers. I’ve tried to keep it as affordable as possible, but developing a new website that’s technically advanced is expensive if it’s done well. But I know Innkeepers, and I know we want it done right! I’ve posted a Coming Soon page that further explains the site and shows examples of some of the components.
I hope you’re able to be involved in the site and thank you in advance for your kind consideration. Click to view the Coming Soon Page. Joining now will allow for the time necessary to process your information, but your membership will be for one year from the date the site goes live.
[/td][/tr][/table]Your newest partners in marketing your experience!
M ic h a e l P ink ston, owner
The Am eri can Bed & Br eak fast In ns Fa mil y
a b b i n ns.com

That one was just posted a few weeks ago. Let me find it.
Personally, I don't see what that is going to look like for the guest. And there are ads on the inn pages. I don't like that.

Oops, sorry if it's a repeat...I didn't catch it the first time.
Does it make a difference to any of you that this is being done by an ex-innkeeper?

Oops, sorry if it's a repeat...I didn't catch it the first time.
Does it make a difference to any of you that this is being done by an ex-innkeeper?.
Does it make a difference to any of you that this is being done by an ex-innkeeper?
It helps me consider it a bit more given that it is someone that apparently understands the niche and the needs of the innkeeper and possibly the needs of the potential guests.
It is largely the startup price and the hurry up and buy before we launch discount that completely removes any good feelings I might have had though. The discount seems kind of cheesy. The start-up price seems kind of exorbitant given that it has zero track record and zero current users.
That and you know I like to look at code..and it is hard for me to see code on screenshots of a non-existent site.

Again, I will never pay to be on any directory that has not proven itself, but will offer a link back for a free or trial listing.

Again, I will never pay to be on any directory that has not proven itself, but will offer a link back for a free or trial listing..
...but will offer a link back for a free or trial listing.
Even then you are more likely to send more traffic to them than they send to you ;)

Again, I will never pay to be on any directory that has not proven itself, but will offer a link back for a free or trial listing..
...but will offer a link back for a free or trial listing.
Even then you are more likely to send more traffic to them than they send to you ;)
Yeah, well...I'm comfortable with that. Alot of people were willing to help me out when starting my directory, so I'm willing to do the same.

That one was just posted a few weeks ago. Let me find it.
Personally, I don't see what that is going to look like for the guest. And there are ads on the inn pages. I don't like that..
And there are ads on the inn pages. I don't like that.
I had just deleted without looking until this comment. He has GOT to be kidding! This what I had my first face-off with Eric about and am happy to say he DID listen when we spoke and removed the ads. When I pay for a page listing, I had best be the only one advertised on it. nd that price? Even bandb took years and a lot of marketing and promoting to get to that price. Ask him what he is smoking to think we will pay that much? He says he was an innkeeper - he should think about what HE would have paid as an innkeeper.

Back